Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Fri July 25th, 2014, 23:02 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Wed December 14th, 2011, 01:17 GMT 
Titanium Member

My pleasure. Sorry for a post littered with typos. Was typing quickly. Or was it the Kistler Chardonnay and the glass of Ridge Zinfandel. Hmmm? Not sure...but sorry. I'll get you more. But will try to not confuse you.

PostPosted: Wed December 14th, 2011, 01:27 GMT 
Titanium Member

That's why ER has the "type while you're drunk or high" thread 8)

PostPosted: Wed December 14th, 2011, 01:29 GMT 
Titanium Member

8)

PostPosted: Wed December 14th, 2011, 01:39 GMT 
Titanium Member

Wait a minute - chardonnay?!
I'm having my glass of Beaujolais before bed -
Goodnight!

PostPosted: Wed December 14th, 2011, 01:52 GMT 
Titanium Member

You go to sleep early. Me? Working on a new song. Working title "I won't Be Back At All"

Night.

BTW...what Beaujolias?

PostPosted: Wed December 14th, 2011, 02:27 GMT 
Mercury Member

doomedtoloveyou wrote:
Oooops - sorry - I didn't realize this was for wine snobs only :oops: - my bad.

For a minute I felt like it all came crashing down and I was beginning to feel withdrawn.
Believe me, we don't have room for snobs here. We have the Wineman. Take advantage of his presence.
Drinkin' tonight Wineman? What's on the agenda?

PostPosted: Wed December 14th, 2011, 02:57 GMT 
Titanium Member

Now, why you talkin' like that? I was just trying to give somebody assistance who asked for it. That's a good thing, no?

PostPosted: Wed December 14th, 2011, 03:58 GMT 
Mercury Member

wineman wrote:
Now, why you talkin' like that? I was just trying to give somebody assistance who asked for it. That's a good thing, no?

I think it's an excellent thing. As I stated, I appreciate you being here.
Stay with me.

PostPosted: Wed December 14th, 2011, 04:11 GMT 
Titanium Member

I'm always with ya, man.

PostPosted: Thu December 15th, 2011, 00:46 GMT 
Titanium Member

wineman wrote:
You go to sleep early. Me? Working on a new song. Working title "I won't Be Back At All"

Night.

BTW...what Beaujolias?

My alarm is set for 4:45 AM every weekday morning - therefore - Louis Jadot Beaujolais-Villages - it's one of our favorites for our "wine time" before bed - beats the hell out of Ambien, which I used to take (!) - purely medicinal, of course!. So what's the super Tuscan red you have in mind? We'll be shopping this weekend -
doomed

PostPosted: Thu December 15th, 2011, 01:18 GMT 
Titanium Member

doomedtoloveyou wrote:
wineman wrote:

Night.

BTW...what Beaujolias?

My alarm is set for 4:45 AM every weekday morning - therefore - Louis Jadot Beaujolais-Villages - it's one of our favorites for our "wine time" before bed - beats the hell out of Ambien, which I used to take (!) - purely medicinal, of course!. So what's the super Tuscan red you have in mind? We'll be shopping this weekend -
doomed

4:45 AM? Holly cow. I work on the computer until 1 AM-2 AM. The Tuscan red is by a Chianti Estate named Rocca Delle Macia (pronounce dell-ah match-ee-ah). It a new wine from them, and their first outside of the Chianti Zone in Tuscany. It's called "Sasyr." It's fantastic...a blend of 60% Sangiovese (the primary grape of Chianti and the rest of Tuscany, for that matter), blended with 40% Syrah/Sirah. The Syrah/Sirah adds an entirely new dimension to Sangiovese. Really plummy, with loads of black fruit (black cherry, currants, plum). I bought 2,000 cases for the group of stores I buy for and it's blowing out of most of them. It's a super value...and you should be able to pick up a bottle for $10-$12. It's a steal. Because we live in the same state... and so many of my friends are importers (they sell through the distributors, who sell to the retailers, like ABC), and because I have so many contacts on the inside of the distributorships (wholesalers)...I can check and find out what programs are in effect and what retailers are paying, in your area, on any wine I recommend. I will never recommend a wine that isn't really good...but I don't really know you and your husbands tastes. Once you try a few wines I recommend....love 'em or hate 'em...I'll know your taste's and be able to zero in on it...and save you money. Wine is not a cheap beverage to play hit or miss with. You want the odds in your favor when purchasing the unknown, and I can do that for you...once I get feedback and learn what you like...and don't. Anyway, there's a program in Florida on Rocca Delle Macie "Sasyr" which could bring the price down to $8-$9. I don't have the time to check and see which stores in your area purchased the program...or carry the wine for that matter...but I could find out if you want me to. Anyway...try a bottle. It's a terrific wine...and an amazing value.

Also...a LOT of Pinot Grigio drinkers also like Sauvignon Blanc. A real special one is Chateau Ste. Michelle Horse Heaven Hills Vineyard ($14-$18)...light, crisp, fresh, with pink grapefruit, white peach, and a little lemon/lime thrown into the mix. REALLY good. And because you also like Chardonnay...try 14 Hands "Hot To Trot." It's a blend of 5 grapes... none of them being Pinot Grigio, or Chardonnay...but I think you'll like it. And the red blend...is really good too. Perfect for the Beaujolais lover...though there's no Gamay (grape of Beaujolais). TRY BOTH OF THEM. $9-$11...is a fair price.

PostPosted: Thu December 15th, 2011, 01:25 GMT 
Titanium Member

Wow - thanks, Matt! Our list gets longer - we WILL try to find what you've recommended - and we'll let you know what we think - again, thank you profusely! We enjoy wine, and it's really great to have someone leading us in the right direction -
doomed

PostPosted: Thu December 15th, 2011, 01:58 GMT 
Titanium Member

No need to thank me. I've probably confused you, more than leading you in the right direction. Sorry, my wine recommendations...ramble.

PostPosted: Fri December 16th, 2011, 01:12 GMT 
Titanium Member

Okay - I tried the horse heaven tonight - absolutely yummy! It wasn't too sweet, nor was it too dry, but it had a fruity taste - it will be added to my list of favorites - thanks so far!!!
doomed

PostPosted: Fri December 16th, 2011, 03:24 GMT 
Titanium Member

My pleasure. Hope you had 2010...and paid no more than $15. Glad you enjoyed it.

PostPosted: Fri December 16th, 2011, 03:37 GMT 
Mercury Member

So I have fully come to grips with accepting Tangled as currently gutted. I'm OK with it if Bob is.

PostPosted: Fri December 16th, 2011, 16:33 GMT 

And when it all came crashing down,
I was already south.

so he didn´t know what happened

PostPosted: Sat December 17th, 2011, 00:55 GMT 
Titanium Member

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
So I have fully come to grips with accepting Tangled as currently gutted. I'm OK with it if Bob is.

I'm sure Bob won't mind, as long as we include his Beaujolais 8)

PostPosted: Sat December 17th, 2011, 12:10 GMT 

Beaujolais? But you don´t mean he produced another wine, I don´t know anything about it (you know about Dylans cooperation with the italian Fattoria Le Terrazze.)

PostPosted: Sat December 17th, 2011, 15:05 GMT 
Titanium Member

No...he isn't involved in another wine venture. She was reffering to Bob's wine of preference...at least when he was considerably younger.

PostPosted: Sat December 17th, 2011, 18:48 GMT 
Mercury Member

wineman wrote:
No...he isn't involved in another wine venture. She was reffering to Bob's wine of preference...at least when he was considerably younger.

I think you mean when he was older, he's younger than that now.

PostPosted: Sat December 17th, 2011, 19:28 GMT 

quote="wineman"]No...he isn't involved in another wine venture. [/quote]
I had the worst taste in my mouth, that I ever knew
thanks, wineman, good to know. Stuff like "Planet Waves" is good but not good enough for the price. In worth-value-relation I prefer the music.

PostPosted: Sun December 18th, 2011, 00:40 GMT 
Titanium Member

Kle wrote:
quote="wineman"]No...he isn't involved in another wine venture.

I had the worst taste in my mouth, that I ever knew
thanks, wineman, good to know. Stuff like "Planet Waves" is good but not good enough for the price. In worth-value-relation I prefer the music.[/quote]

Me too.

PostPosted: Sun December 18th, 2011, 19:37 GMT 

I think its a work in progress . . . he seems to play with the lyrics a lot (sometimes more successfully than others). who knows -- maybe all of his songs are works in progress -- at least -- until he stops performing them . . .

PostPosted: Mon December 19th, 2011, 02:37 GMT 
Mercury Member

Continuously metamorphosizing, not always progressing (as much as we want to say they are). In this case, Wineman is correct that verses are dropped and the story gets shortchanged. He's right and I have accepted what is since I can't do anything about it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next