Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Thu October 19th, 2017, 21:49 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: Wed October 12th, 2011, 10:40 GMT 

Johanna Parker wrote:
johnwesley61 wrote:
According to bobdylan.com, the last song of the show was Watchtower and not LARS... I don't understand! I guess the official website made a mistake.

Bill Pagel has Watchtower first and LARS after that.... maybe time was so tight they thought they would skip LARS, then figured they'd have a quick go at it?

Certainly.

PostPosted: Wed October 12th, 2011, 10:42 GMT 

Yeah there definitely must have been something in the air last night. It'll be interesting to see what happens in Cardiff.

PostPosted: Wed October 12th, 2011, 10:58 GMT 
Promethium Member

I just had a good laugh.... MK's Guy guy thinks Bob's band rehearsed Red Sails In The Sunset in Nottingham. Of course, it must have been the appropriated Beyond The Horizon.

Quote:
Bob's band are onstage, obviously working up some new arrangements, we hear what sounds distinctly like 'Red sails In The Sunset'.

http://www.guyfletcher.co.uk/index.php/ ... Nottingham

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed October 12th, 2011, 11:22 GMT 
Titanium Member

and "In my time 'hanging around' behind the stage waiting for our turn to s'check, BD walks by. I catch his eye and offer a smile.... which isn't returned. It would be wrong of me to judge anyone over such an insignificant moment...I look forward to possibly being introduced one day. I guess that in his lifetime, he's met enough people and has decided that he doesn't want to meet any more, either that or he's just plain shy"

or maybe because you're a total doofus??

PostPosted: Wed October 12th, 2011, 11:28 GMT 

Yeah if I was Bob I'd keep walking passed this bloke. He seems like the kind of person you wouldn't want to get stuck talking to.. Bob probably knows if he did even raise a smile to this bloke he'd have a picture taken of it and he'd be in his diary the next day.

PostPosted: Wed October 12th, 2011, 11:49 GMT 
Mercury Member

scott6 wrote:
Just when I thought we had a great show Bob sticks 2 fingers up to the real fans by not playing an encore. Bob has played an encore every show since 74. He must have been annoyed about something.

Hey, duh..... it sounds like they were short on time......so instead of cutting a song he has them just give up those quick puffs on those cigs that they like to get in, and pushes straight thru and gets the last two songs in.......... :roll: sometimes it is not too hard to just take a minute and think it thru to understand that he didn't skip the encore... he skipped the cig break.........I think that rather than flipping off his fans.... he might have been a lot closer to throwing kisses yesterday...... :wink:

PostPosted: Wed October 12th, 2011, 11:58 GMT 

nightly moth wrote:
Yeah if I was Bob I'd keep walking passed this bloke. He seems like the kind of person you wouldn't want to get stuck talking to.. Bob probably knows if he did even raise a smile to this bloke he'd have a picture taken of it and he'd be in his diary the next day.

I love Bob as much as anyone but I can't defend that. It sounds bad mannered and impolite.

I mean hes playing in the band thats supporting him, its just awkward too.

PostPosted: Wed October 12th, 2011, 12:08 GMT 
Promethium Member

The whole encore ritual is rather idiotic, I'm lucky if I've seen a single genuine encore (in big concert setting) where the performer is actually planning to finish but the love of the crowd brings them back. He played the encore songs so...I just don't get this criticism.

As far as the smile, who's to say Dylan knows who this guy is? I don't smile at everyone I meet, do you?

Ps, if he'd played this same set in the spring would anyone have blinked an eye? It's only by contrast to a very settled in show he'd developed during the us tour that this looks special (aside from no encore, and playing lovesick 2nd-is unusual).

PostPosted: Wed October 12th, 2011, 12:24 GMT 

Id have loved to have been there last night songs like Visions of Johanna, Not Dark Yet, and Can't Wait are played quite regularly it's just ive never been fortunate enough to hear them. So your last writer is right its not a remarkable change really it just is a huge shake up in setlist compared to normal.

Id love him to save Desolation row for Bournemouth but knowing my luck the people of Cardiff will get it.

PostPosted: Wed October 12th, 2011, 12:34 GMT 

I thought it was a brilliant idea not to leave the stage. I was suprised when he did the band intros and then went into Watchtower and Rolling Stone but If the rest of the tour is as good as this show who cares.

He did stumble going off the stage at the end and one of the band reached out to stop him falling.

PostPosted: Wed October 12th, 2011, 12:40 GMT 

DylanJames wrote:
http://www.bobdylan.com/tour/2011-10-11-capital-fm-arena

Confirmed on BD.com, now I can sleep soundly!!

just wondering, who does that, who updates this stuff to the official site? is it someone who goes along on tour? or is it "transmitted" to some agency that takes care of the site??

PostPosted: Wed October 12th, 2011, 12:59 GMT 

stephenoxford wrote:
and "In my time 'hanging around' behind the stage waiting for our turn to s'check, BD walks by. I catch his eye and offer a smile.... which isn't returned. It would be wrong of me to judge anyone over such an insignificant moment...I look forward to possibly being introduced one day. I guess that in his lifetime, he's met enough people and has decided that he doesn't want to meet any more, either that or he's just plain shy"

you'd be happy enough to trade places with doofus and see bob soundcheck wontcha?
for once you get a glimpse of what happens before the gates open (even though he has not written a lot about the dylan part yet, but based on the past diaries, it will come) and there you come with your dope statement?

PostPosted: Wed October 12th, 2011, 13:08 GMT 

stephenoxford wrote:

You're hard man :)

PostPosted: Wed October 12th, 2011, 13:19 GMT 

also, what is so wrong with stating :
"He may never know me....but hey, what the x do I know? I'll tell you what I know...I love my job and I'm having a ball. "
looks to me that the guy's enjoying every minute of this tour, and happy to simply be on the same stage/location as bob, whom he very obviously admires as a long time hero.
it's not like he was stalking for chrissakes..

PostPosted: Wed October 12th, 2011, 13:39 GMT 

nightly moth wrote:
Yeah there definitely must have been something in the air last night. It'll be interesting to see what happens in Cardiff.

Probably not much. During the summer EU tour,it was Milano that was kind of a one-off and that show was also at the end of the first week. After that Bob returned more or less to the format of what had been before. I think the end of the first week is just a typical "easy to get bored" point on tour.

The Guy Fletcher bashing is quite ridiculous as well.

PostPosted: Wed October 12th, 2011, 13:48 GMT 

Guy is a gentleman and does more for the MK fans than anyone in the BD band does for BD fans! btw You're all benefitting from his diaries/forum too, don't forget!

PostPosted: Wed October 12th, 2011, 13:57 GMT 
Titanium Member

Umm.. not strictly true. The guys in the BD band play for BD, that does more for us than anything. BTW, I'm not bashing Guy, I'm just answering his question.

PostPosted: Wed October 12th, 2011, 14:04 GMT 
Promethium Member

juliet43 wrote:
Guy is a gentleman and does more for the MK fans than anyone in the BD band does for BD fans! btw You're all benefitting from his diaries/forum too, don't forget!

Which is because there are different laws at work with BD.

PostPosted: Wed October 12th, 2011, 14:05 GMT 

stephenoxford wrote:
Umm.. not strictly true. The guys in the BD band play for BD, that does more for us than anything. BTW, I'm not bashing Guy, I'm just answering his question.

And Guy plays for MK ! So what's your problem?

PostPosted: Wed October 12th, 2011, 14:48 GMT 
Titanium Member

Forgoing the encore ritual just means we don't have to skip five minutes of audience noise. The songs may not be rarities, but what arrangements they'll take is what interests me. Johanna's been quite fluid lately. NDY may have some tweaks. Nettie Moore is new to this year -- does he have a new face for it?

PostPosted: Wed October 12th, 2011, 15:19 GMT 

..(edited, double post)

Last edited by nightly moth on Wed October 12th, 2011, 15:23 GMT, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed October 12th, 2011, 15:22 GMT 

nightly moth wrote:
AutodesSchreckens wrote:

Probably not much. During the summer EU tour,it was Milano that was kind of a one-off and that show was also at the end of the first week. After that Bob returned more or less to the format of what had been before. I think the end of the first week is just a typical "easy to get bored" point on tour.

The Guy Fletcher bashing is quite ridiculous as well.

It seems odd for this Fletcher to mention that Bob Dylan didn't smile at him. I wouldn't be surprised if Bob did give him a nod or raise the odd eyebrow — and Fletcher wanting something to report aboout Bob, mentioned the no smile and then questioned if he was shy. Anyway it's nothing about nothing. Maybe Bob and Guy Fletcher had been talking and Bob asked him to put that in his diary. Who knows.

PostPosted: Wed October 12th, 2011, 15:26 GMT 

Desolation Row wrote:
Id have loved to have been there last night songs like Visions of Johanna, Not Dark Yet, and Can't Wait are played quite regularly it's just ive never been fortunate enough to hear them. So your last writer is right its not a remarkable change really it just is a huge shake up in setlist compared to normal.

Id love him to save Desolation row for Bournemouth but knowing my luck the people of Cardiff will get it.

Yeah I really want to hear Not Dark Yet live.

PostPosted: Wed October 12th, 2011, 15:32 GMT 
Promethium Member

I can't see Bob being too keen on someone who's snooping around writing a diary. The common rule seems to be, just leave him alone.

PostPosted: Wed October 12th, 2011, 15:39 GMT 

Johanna Parker wrote:
I can't see Bob being too keen on someone who's snooping around writing a diary. The common rule seems to be, just leave him alone.

that's right....leave him alone

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next