Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Tue December 12th, 2017, 14:00 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: Wed October 12th, 2011, 00:16 GMT 

Just got back home....great show and really enjoyed it...

Love Sick...I can't believe I couldn't remember the name of that one !! There I was on my first Expecting Rain live setlist and I couldn't remember the title of the second song. My life flashed before my eyes :-)

Lots of centre stage tonight it seemed and he even started Watching the River Flow centre stage for the first line I think and then seemed to remember he was supposed to be behind the organ and walked round so the second line was slightly delayed...So that was a bit more centre stage action for completists :-)

It was odd at the end. At the end of Thin Man the lights went down like normal between songs and then they ploughed straight on with AAW. There were no band bows or anything and they never left the stage like all other shows I have seen to come back on for the encores. I hadn't been counting the number of songs to be honest so I wasn't sure how many had been played I was just texting the songs and then enjoying the performance...Mark Knopfler did say at the end of his set that they needed to get a move on so maybe he overran or Bob just wanted to get out of Nottingham in a hurry !

There were two other MK songs that I didn't recognise I'm afraid for those looking for his setlist....

PostPosted: Wed October 12th, 2011, 00:29 GMT 

OMFG!!! i just got home from work and saw this list .. NO WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY..................
and. .............

THANK YOU~~!!

PostPosted: Wed October 12th, 2011, 01:29 GMT 
Senior Moderator

raging_glory wrote:
ah, this was so much fun to read! I can not wait until I can go to a show. A couple of days after I started listening, I looked up tour dates and found out that I just missed three dates in August that were within driving distance. :( And now, no shows until who knows when :( :(

Hang in there. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed October 12th, 2011, 01:48 GMT 

This is just what the year needed. Hope a pristine recording exists!

PostPosted: Wed October 12th, 2011, 02:05 GMT 
Mercury Member

BostonAreaBobFan wrote:

Hang in there. :wink:

So, how soon will tour dates be posted for next year? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed October 12th, 2011, 04:10 GMT 

Set list of the year along with Canandaigua for me. Hopefully the performance matches up. Some very strong, if not entirely rare, selections in there.

PostPosted: Wed October 12th, 2011, 05:56 GMT 

Just when I thought we had a great show Bob sticks 2 fingers up to the real fans by not playing an encore. Bob has played an encore every show since 74. He must have been annoyed about something.

PostPosted: Wed October 12th, 2011, 06:36 GMT 

scott6 wrote:
Just when I thought we had a great show Bob sticks 2 fingers up to the real fans by not playing an encore. Bob has played an encore every show since 74. He must have been annoyed about something.

don't see the problem It was the same amount of songs like every day. does it matter as an enore or not?
even the last two songs were the same.

Btw, there were many shows since 1974 without an encore.
Just have Tempe 1979 and the second show of the Net 88 in mind but there were many others also during the NET

P:S.: The german! article about the guitar manufactur and Bob seeking the internet for information about him.
http://www.abendblatt.de/kultur-live/ar ... Kunde.html

"Niemand, der nicht direkt am Projekt beteiligt ist, darf sie sehen", sagt Gölsdorf und wirkt dabei leicht betrübt, "denn Bob will das nicht, und erst recht will er keine Fotos." Nathan Fawley, Duesenberg-Repräsentant in Amerika, habe ihm zugetragen, sagt Gölsdorf mit gesenkter Stimme, dass Bob Dylan täglich im Internet surfen würde; misstrauisch auf der Suche nach Neuigkeiten, ihn betreffend. Er wolle immer wissen, wer wann was und warum über ihn gesagt hat. "

PostPosted: Wed October 12th, 2011, 06:47 GMT 
Promethium Member

Papier ist geduldig.
(Meaning don't believe everything just because it's printed somewhere.)

PostPosted: Wed October 12th, 2011, 06:49 GMT 

scott6 wrote:

Thank you! I love to start my day with a good laugh :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes Bob really F**ked over those fans last night, robbed them of seeing him shuffle on and off the stage between BOATM and AATW!! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed October 12th, 2011, 07:35 GMT 

Johanna Parker wrote:
Papier ist geduldig.

I know, but I do think that Bob is interested and aware of what is written about him in Newspaper, ER, etc...

PostPosted: Wed October 12th, 2011, 07:39 GMT 
Promethium Member

Maria wrote:
Johanna Parker wrote:
Papier ist geduldig.

I know, but I do think that Bob is interested and aware of what is written about him in Newspaper, ER, etc...

I fully agree with that. I was just saying I don't think he spends all his free time in front of a computer reading about himself. But of course he is aware and likely up to date with the reviews and forums.

PostPosted: Wed October 12th, 2011, 07:55 GMT 

You people really need to start doing something productive with your evenings - there is nothing new about this set list and your excitement is bases purely on the fact you follow a live set list that has been pretty much identical all year long. No new songs for this year are played and he was pushed for time so didn't walk off the stage and back on two play the same last two songs he does night in night out... wow, omg.

Oh, and as per usual, someone claims he went to the great trouble of shuffling the set around because he read people were moaning on here. really? :?

PostPosted: Wed October 12th, 2011, 08:12 GMT 

knickerless wrote:
You people really need to start doing something productive with your evenings - there is nothing new about this set list and your excitement is bases purely on the fact you follow a live set list that has been pretty much identical all year long. No new songs for this year are played and he was pushed for time so didn't walk off the stage and back on two play the same last two songs he does night in night out... wow, omg.

Oh, and as per usual, someone claims he went to the great trouble of shuffling the set around because he read people were moaning on here. really? :?

Is that you, Bob? :wink:

PostPosted: Wed October 12th, 2011, 08:17 GMT 

scott6 wrote:

na - no encore in sacramento 88. and be careful not to provoke the gang.... :wink:

PostPosted: Wed October 12th, 2011, 08:20 GMT 
Titanium Member

knickerless wrote:

You're right -- I'll follow your lead and find a message board I can complain on about how people aren't being productive! Thanks pal!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrlTeoFcf-Q#t=01m16s

PostPosted: Wed October 12th, 2011, 08:28 GMT 

Spell_Binder wrote:
Just got back home....great show and really enjoyed it...

Love Sick...I can't believe I couldn't remember the name of that one !! There I was on my first Expecting Rain live setlist and I couldn't remember the title of the second song. My life flashed before my eyes :-)

Lots of centre stage tonight it seemed and he even started Watching the River Flow centre stage for the first line I think and then seemed to remember he was supposed to be behind the organ and walked round so the second line was slightly delayed...So that was a bit more centre stage action for completists :-)

It was odd at the end. At the end of Thin Man the lights went down like normal between songs and then they ploughed straight on with AAW. There were no band bows or anything and they never left the stage like all other shows I have seen to come back on for the encores. I hadn't been counting the number of songs to be honest so I wasn't sure how many had been played I was just texting the songs and then enjoying the performance...Mark Knopfler did say at the end of his set that they needed to get a move on so maybe he overran or Bob just wanted to get out of Nottingham in a hurry !

There were two other MK songs that I didn't recognise I'm afraid for those looking for his setlist....

Good stuff, thanks for that spell binder. Haha that's funny about you not being able to remember the name of the song, I'd never thought about that, I suppose you do feel a bit of pressure when you can sense the weight of expectation at the other end of your phone.. well thanks for taking the time to text, sometimes it isn't the first thing you want to be doing whilst watching Bob, I appreciate it.

So watchtower was straight after thin man? Didn't someone say it was the other way aroud at bob.com? This thing about them running out of time makes sense.. Maybe they knew didn't have much time and thought they would have to finish straight after watchtower, but then played LARS afterwards.. Bob came on a bit earlier than in the other shows didn't he? Like someone said, maybe it was a time thing.

Are you going to any more shows this tour, spell binder?

Last edited by nightly moth on Wed October 12th, 2011, 08:30 GMT, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed October 12th, 2011, 08:30 GMT 

knickerless wrote:

You're right, but It's very surprising after stuck in a setlist form for a good year.
I would appreciate more few more songs he played during the Net but nevertheless yesterday setlist was really big and nobody! expected it this way.
BTW you're absolutely right about the runthrough TOTM-AATW

PostPosted: Wed October 12th, 2011, 09:32 GMT 

knickerless wrote:

I didn't make any claims. I pointed out a coincidence that happened. It was a fact, not a guess. I'm not in a position to verify or draw conclusions from that fact and I never suggested I was.

Anyway, as far as I'm concerned it was an interesting set and it's got me more excited about seeing him later this week.

PostPosted: Wed October 12th, 2011, 10:11 GMT 

Warren Peace wrote:
knickerless wrote:

You're right -- I'll follow your lead and find a message board I can complain on about how people aren't being productive! Thanks pal!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrlTeoFcf-Q#t=01m16s

I just don't get it. Go into the discussions board and there is plenty to read and talk about but these live set lists, it's just no way to live.

PostPosted: Wed October 12th, 2011, 10:15 GMT 

The live setlists are good! And you know it.. don't you, knickerless?

PostPosted: Wed October 12th, 2011, 10:33 GMT 

According to bobdylan.com, the last song of the show was Watchtower and not LARS... I don't understand! I guess the official website made a mistake.

PostPosted: Wed October 12th, 2011, 10:38 GMT 

That looks such a good run of songs... oh man, I should have gone, I should have gone! Image

PostPosted: Wed October 12th, 2011, 10:38 GMT 
Promethium Member

What's impressive in this setlist today is the amount of "big" major songs played. For me, the encore starts with Thunder On The Mountain, so the last four songs don't count, but still that's six out of ten.... some might argue JLTTB is another one.

1 Leopard Skin Pill-Box Hat
2 Love Sick (Bob center stage)
3 Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues (Bob on guitar)
4 Can't Wait (Bob center stage)
5 Watching The River Flow
6 Not Dark Yet (Bob center stage)
7 High Water (For Charley Patton) (Bob center stage)
8 Visions Of Johanna
9 Highway 61 Revisited
10 Nettie Moore (Bob center stage)
11 Thunder On The Mountain
12 Ballad Of A Thin Man (Bob center stage)
13 All Along The Watchtower
14 band introduction / Like A Rolling Stone
--- (line-up) ---

PostPosted: Wed October 12th, 2011, 10:39 GMT 
Promethium Member

johnwesley61 wrote:
According to bobdylan.com, the last song of the show was Watchtower and not LARS... I don't understand! I guess the official website made a mistake.

Bill Pagel has Watchtower first and LARS after that.... maybe time was so tight they thought they would skip LARS, then figured they'd have a quick go at it?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 343 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next