Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Thu October 2nd, 2014, 16:30 GMT

All times are UTC

Post subject: ER as a community
PostPosted: Sun September 18th, 2011, 11:07 GMT 

ER as a community. Sorry if this has been asked before but
What exactly are its functions? I'm relatively new on ER and a total novice on social media and know nothing about the limits of privacy but I often wonder what could be encouraged and what is discouraged...

Are there social gatherings? Shared events? Chances to meet up?

How come that so many people never post? Should ER do something about that or not? See also Members ranking on Information and assistance

How much space within ER is there to help each other out? Like e.g. if I'd like someone to correct my English texts or find a nice hotel in the area or holiday house swopping or if I need a piano tuner.

Post subject: Re: ER as a community
PostPosted: Sun September 18th, 2011, 11:35 GMT 
Promethium Member

Obviously, some people meet at the shows, but I don't think there's ever been a ER convention like those gatherings that some of the Bobzines and Dylan societies have.

As for the many members that don't post - many people use ER just to access the rare recordings section. Plus, there are many spammers that register every day, which get banned as soon as the modding team notices them, but the names remain in the member list and count.

PostPosted: Sun September 18th, 2011, 17:16 GMT 
Mercury Member

wedding.... I have met a few of the poster here... at concerts....... before the show was due to come to our area, I start sending PM's to the various posters that I knew were from Texas or some that had posted that they were going to be at the show..... or were trying to buy tickets because they intended to be at the show........ almost everyone I contacted wrote me back..... i did meet up with some and some I missed........ but we did exchange notes about what we were going to be wearing and what we looked like so we could be on the lookout for each other......... all of that was done in PM, not on the open board......... I figure we will try it again next time..... there are quite a few Dylan fans in this area........ I think we might do even better if Bob did not come to Texas WHEN IT IS OVER 100 DEGREES IN THE SHADE!!!!

Of course there is that crew up there in New England that all try to find each other in concerts... I think that might be the biggest ER Dylan fan crew around in one area....... or at least it seems that way........

PostPosted: Sun October 2nd, 2011, 18:12 GMT 
Titanium Member

A definite community.

The longest ongoing competition has been for the position of Village Idiot. Many fine candidates.