Expecting Rain
http://www.expectingrain.com/discussions/

Dont Look Back - favourite scenes
http://www.expectingrain.com/discussions/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=93200
Page 2 of 2

Author:  Ain't Talkin' [ Mon March 5th, 2018, 18:25 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Dont Look Back - favourite scenes

Dylan - "Nah, nah, nothing like that, I don't want to hear nobody like Dominic Behan, man."

Drunk glass throwing guy - "DOMINIC BEHAN IS A FRIEND OF MINE..."

Author:  gibsona07 [ Mon March 5th, 2018, 19:05 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Dont Look Back - favourite scenes

Ain't Talkin' wrote:
Dylan - "Nah, nah, nothing like that, I don't want to hear nobody like Dominic Behan, man."

Drunk glass throwing guy - "DOMINIC BEHAN IS A FRIEND OF MINE..."


From memory, that's not the glass throwing guy, that's banjo playing folksinger Derroll Adams, who went on the influence Billy Connolly.

Author:  mojofilter [ Mon March 5th, 2018, 19:13 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Dont Look Back - favourite scenes

Bob had good reason for not wanting to see Dominic Behan, of course, since Behan had called him out for rewriting Behan's "The Patriot Game" as "With God on Our Side." And no, it wasn't Derroll Adams who threw the glass.

Author:  gibsona07 [ Mon March 5th, 2018, 19:15 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Dont Look Back - favourite scenes

mojofilter wrote:
Bob had good reason for not wanting to see Dominic Behan, of course, since Behan had called him out for rewriting Behan's "The Patriot Game" as "With God on Our Side." And no, it wasn't Derroll Adams who threw the glass.


I'm not saying Adams was the one who threw the glass, I'm saying he was the one who said he was a friend of Dominic Behan.

Author:  Ain't Talkin' [ Mon March 5th, 2018, 19:15 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Dont Look Back - favourite scenes

No, the Dylan quote is Dylan first responding to Derroll Adams, who is entreating Dylan to come around to be "turned on to some things." Derroll Adams I believe was still the performing partner of Ramblin' Jack Elliott at that time. I think Jack Elliott might have even been hanging around that scene when was Dylan was there in the U.K. but he's not in the movie. The guy that yells out about D. Behan being his friend is glass throwing guy.

Author:  gibsona07 [ Mon March 5th, 2018, 19:24 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Dont Look Back - favourite scenes

Ain't Talkin' wrote:
No, the Dylan quote is Dylan first responding to Derroll Adams, who is entreating Dylan to come around to be "turned on to some things." Derroll Adams I believe was still the performing partner of Ramblin' Jack Elliott at that time. I think Jack Elliott might have even been hanging around that scene when was Dylan was there in the U.K. but he's not in the movie. The guy that yells out about D. Behan being his friend is glass throwing guy.


Yeah, you're right now that I think about it. The 'Dominic Behan a friend of mine' is an English accent, not Adams. Which begs the question, how did this drunk guy know Dominic Behan? Interesting aside, I think Dominic Behan lived in Glasgow most of his life.

Author:  mojofilter [ Mon March 5th, 2018, 19:57 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Dont Look Back - favourite scenes

Maybe it was Dominic Behan who threw the glass. That would be an interesting twist.

Author:  Ain't Talkin' [ Mon March 5th, 2018, 23:31 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Dont Look Back - favourite scenes

gibsona07 wrote:
Ain't Talkin' wrote:
No, the Dylan quote is Dylan first responding to Derroll Adams, who is entreating Dylan to come around to be "turned on to some things." Derroll Adams I believe was still the performing partner of Ramblin' Jack Elliott at that time. I think Jack Elliott might have even been hanging around that scene when was Dylan was there in the U.K. but he's not in the movie. The guy that yells out about D. Behan being his friend is glass throwing guy.


Yeah, you're right now that I think about it. The 'Dominic Behan a friend of mine' is an English accent, not Adams. Which begs the question, how did this drunk guy know Dominic Behan? Interesting aside, I think Dominic Behan lived in Glasgow most of his life.


I wouldn't mind if someone identified glass throwing guy. Maybe he was a poet / artist /musician of minor renown - a "small cat" as he described himself ? Just some belligerent coattail riding git ? I've always wondered.

Author:  Anr Bjotk [ Tue March 6th, 2018, 07:43 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Dont Look Back - favourite scenes

Now let's do Eat the Document favourite scenes!

Page 2 of 2 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/