Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Mon May 28th, 2018, 08:04 GMT

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue January 30th, 2018, 23:47 GMT 

Joined: Thu January 25th, 2018, 08:03 GMT
Posts: 78
Location: Japan
So what's the verdict?

Was Don working with Dylan?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed January 31st, 2018, 00:48 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Mon July 31st, 2006, 09:13 GMT
Posts: 2245
Location: out on Decatur Hill
TheBoiledGutsofBirds wrote:
So what's the verdict?

Was Don working with Dylan?


Geezerfreak says yes:

See: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=92866#p1798019


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24th, 2018, 13:20 GMT 

Joined: Thu November 7th, 2013, 16:26 GMT
Posts: 1
I just bumped into Don Was in London and got chatting about the Stones and Dylan.

He said that he produced the "He's Funny That Way" track for Universal Love. Described it as being an incredible and surreal experience to watch.

Apparently the Orchestra was recorded live and Bob stood facing them, with no headphones, and just sang.

Must have been cool to witness!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24th, 2018, 17:29 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Mon July 31st, 2006, 09:13 GMT
Posts: 2245
Location: out on Decatur Hill
Sweet William wrote:
I just bumped into Don Was in London and got chatting about the Stones and Dylan.

He said that he produced the "He's Funny That Way" track for Universal Love. Described it as being an incredible and surreal experience to watch.

Apparently the Orchestra was recorded live and Bob stood facing them, with no headphones, and just sang.

Must have been cool to witness!


What do you make of this post, then: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=93493&start=50#p1808473


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24th, 2018, 19:35 GMT 

Joined: Wed May 18th, 2011, 19:28 GMT
Posts: 939
Is it possible that Dylan recorded a straight version with Schmitt at the Triplicate sessions and then came up with the idea to re-record it with the pronoun changes when asked to contribute to the Universal Love project?
Slightly disappointing if that all there was to these sessions though (saying that, if there was to be another album, I'd still prefer a Jack Frost production to Don Was).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24th, 2018, 20:08 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Mon July 31st, 2006, 09:13 GMT
Posts: 2245
Location: out on Decatur Hill
20yearsofschooling wrote:
Is it possible that Dylan recorded a straight version with Schmitt at the Triplicate sessions and then came up with the idea to re-record it with the pronoun changes when asked to contribute to the Universal Love project?
Slightly disappointing if that all there was to these sessions though (saying that, if there was to be another album, I'd still prefer a Jack Frost production to Don Was).


Or maybe they put overdubs onto the basic (Schmitt-engineered) track?

Anyway, if there is a new album, I hope it will be produced by Jack Frost. Or Daniel Lanois.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24th, 2018, 22:10 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Mon July 31st, 2006, 09:13 GMT
Posts: 2245
Location: out on Decatur Hill
Btw on Instagram Al Schmitt has just confirmed that he recorded the recently released "He's Funny That Way" with Dylan.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bg_l54SHpT1/

In the comments.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 25th, 2018, 02:53 GMT 

Joined: Wed January 31st, 2018, 06:26 GMT
Posts: 5
In the post, Al Schmitt does say that he worked on the song with Bob, but he also says that he's Bob's guy for now. Quote below.

What could that mean? Does that mean that there is more to come? Or does it mean that they have plans to work on something in the future? A contract of sorts?

What do y'all think?

"yes I did, I guess I’m his guy for now"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 25th, 2018, 06:09 GMT 

Joined: Fri July 18th, 2008, 16:22 GMT
Posts: 4234
Disappointing- was Hoping the Was project would amount to more although pretty expensive to assemble an orchestra for just one track? Wonder was there more done?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 25th, 2018, 09:41 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sat September 10th, 2016, 12:46 GMT
Posts: 1873
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 25th, 2018, 15:58 GMT 

Joined: Mon September 6th, 2010, 04:11 GMT
Posts: 13
Possible they were both there? Al Schmitt is officially just the engineer, right?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 25th, 2018, 16:17 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sat September 10th, 2016, 12:46 GMT
Posts: 1873
blindjesse wrote:
Possible they were both there? Al Schmitt is officially just the engineer, right?


Yes, its possible - just like Bigfoot.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group