Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Sun February 25th, 2018, 17:55 GMT

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu January 11th, 2018, 16:53 GMT 

Joined: Wed November 20th, 2013, 09:18 GMT
Posts: 196
No live version has ever been official released.

What album would you like to see?

Lilly rosemary and the jack of hearts
black diamond bay

Is probably 2 that most people will say

Changing of the guards
Every grain of sand
Pay in blood
When the night comes falling
absolute sweet marie
billy 1
blind willie
brownsville girl
drifters escape


are the ones that come into my head.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu January 11th, 2018, 17:00 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sat March 14th, 2015, 11:07 GMT
Posts: 470
the_hurricane wrote:
No live version has ever been official released.

What album would you like to see?

Lilly rosemary and the jack of hearts
black diamond bay

Is probably 2 that most people will say

Changing of the guards
Every grain of sand
Pay in blood
When the night comes falling
absolute sweet marie
billy 1
blind willie
brownsville girl
drifters escape


are the ones that come into my head.


Every Grain Of Sand -> BS13
When The Night Comes Falling From The Sky -> Hard To Handle VHS
Blind Willie McTell -> Love Sick singles or something like that

Sorry, just nitpickin' :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu January 11th, 2018, 17:33 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sun November 18th, 2012, 18:29 GMT
Posts: 2734
Location: Besós River Shore
Bob never did Black Diamond bay onstage. Bobdylan.com says it was played the same day he did Lily & The Jack, but it is one of many bd.com mistakes.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu January 11th, 2018, 18:21 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed December 4th, 2013, 06:39 GMT
Posts: 5984
Location: in the mystic garden
Abandoned Love from The Bitter End. Desperately needs a release.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu January 11th, 2018, 18:56 GMT 
Mercury Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu July 10th, 2008, 15:11 GMT
Posts: 11634
Location: brighton uk
Nightingale's Code wrote:
Abandoned Love from The Bitter End. Desperately needs a release.


Why? Haven't you already heard it? Does it become 'better' if you pay Sony for it? It is extremely unlikely a superior recording was made of this fairly spontaneous performance, so just officially releasing something we've already heard for decades doesn't add anything to it at all in my view.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu January 11th, 2018, 19:32 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Wed December 16th, 2009, 12:57 GMT
Posts: 958
slimtimslide wrote:
Nightingale's Code wrote:
Abandoned Love from The Bitter End. Desperately needs a release.


Why? Haven't you already heard it? Does it become 'better' if you pay Sony for it? It is extremely unlikely a superior recording was made of this fairly spontaneous performance, so just officially releasing something we've already heard for decades doesn't add anything to it at all in my view.

what if it´s released on a special deluxe packaging which includes a piece of extra-mature cheddar?
Think of that, slim!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu January 11th, 2018, 20:57 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed December 4th, 2013, 06:39 GMT
Posts: 5984
Location: in the mystic garden
slimtimslide wrote:
Why? Haven't you already heard it? Does it become 'better' if you pay Sony for it? It is extremely unlikely a superior recording was made of this fairly spontaneous performance, so just officially releasing something we've already heard for decades doesn't add anything to it at all in my view.

It certainly can become better if Sony releases it. They could mix and master it in ways that I’m sure would sound much better than your average YouTube channel. Additionally, a song like this is probably not well known outside of the diehards who seek this stuff out, so a wide release could really introduce this wonderful performance to a greater audience.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri January 12th, 2018, 09:46 GMT 

Joined: Wed November 20th, 2013, 09:18 GMT
Posts: 196
depp91 wrote:
the_hurricane wrote:
No live version has ever been official released.

What album would you like to see?

Lilly rosemary and the jack of hearts
black diamond bay

Is probably 2 that most people will say

Changing of the guards
Every grain of sand
Pay in blood
When the night comes falling
absolute sweet marie
billy 1
blind willie
brownsville girl
drifters escape


are the ones that come into my head.


Every Grain Of Sand -> BS13
When The Night Comes Falling From The Sky -> Hard To Handle VHS
Blind Willie McTell -> Love Sick singles or something like that

Sorry, just nitpickin' :mrgreen:


My mistake, owning all 3 and only finished the BS13 last weekend I should have noticed that.Replace them 3 with

Jokerman
Nobody 'Cept you
We better talk this over


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri January 12th, 2018, 11:35 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri July 15th, 2011, 02:23 GMT
Posts: 21741
Never Gonna Be The Same Again


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri January 12th, 2018, 16:42 GMT 

Joined: Sun June 22nd, 2014, 19:26 GMT
Posts: 519
the_hurricane wrote:
No live version has ever been official released.

What album would you like to see?

Lilly rosemary and the jack of hearts
black diamond bay

Is probably 2 that most people will say

Changing of the guards
Every grain of sand
Pay in blood
When the night comes falling
absolute sweet marie
billy 1
blind willie
brownsville girl
drifters escape


are the ones that come into my head.


Maybe I don't understand the question correctly, but wouldn't 90% of his post-1981s output qualify for this? Like, you single out "Pay In Blood", but are there official live versions of any of the "Tempest" songs (or "Together Through Life" for that matter?). Further down you also single out "Jokerman", but again, wouldn't most of "Infidels", and pretty much all of "Empire Burlesque", "Knocked Out Loaded" etc. qualify?

Considering that there's just a smattering of official recordings from the NET (not including the BD.com online "releases", which were streaming only) wouldn't the list include just about every song first performed during the NET, which would even include most of "John Wesley Harding" and the "Basement Tapes"?

Again, I'm sorry if I just didn't get your question.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], twistedpin


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group