Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Sun February 25th, 2018, 05:41 GMT

All times are UTC

Post subject: Sending something to Bob
PostPosted: Mon January 8th, 2018, 18:14 GMT 

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone on here knows what would be my best way to send something to Bob. It's clancy brothers related and very rare. My father and uncle were good friends of theirs and Liam especially. I saw a postal address for Jeff Rosen on here before, I guess that's as direct as could be hoped? Thanks in advance

Brian

PostPosted: Mon January 8th, 2018, 18:56 GMT 
Titanium Member

Send intro letter to:

Bob Dylan
c/o R. Johnson
49 Highway 61
Crossroads, Mississippi 38614

PostPosted: Mon January 8th, 2018, 20:15 GMT 

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon January 8th, 2018, 22:07 GMT 

I don't have it.Hope that helps :lol: , though someone said he'd give me the address if his name wasn't used. buthe'll inspect thoroughly my computer and kill me if I told you what I knew :lol:

PostPosted: Tue January 9th, 2018, 00:29 GMT 

I sent him cookies once and never got a thank you note, so send at your own risk.

PostPosted: Tue January 9th, 2018, 00:49 GMT 
Promethium Member

If its a valuable item of legitimate interest to Dylan, I would definitely try and reach out to his management before sending it. Who knows if his fan mail even gets opened...

PostPosted: Tue January 9th, 2018, 01:52 GMT 

I don't want to bum anyone out, but Bob doesn't read mail unless it's sent from Desolation Row.

PostPosted: Tue January 9th, 2018, 02:19 GMT 
Promethium Member

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue January 9th, 2018, 02:22 GMT 

:lol: :lol: all those people that u mentioned

PostPosted: Tue January 9th, 2018, 02:52 GMT 
Promethium Member

Brian_Eire wrote:
Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone on here knows what would be my best way to send something to Bob.

On a mail train, baby!

PostPosted: Tue January 9th, 2018, 03:12 GMT 
Titanium Member

Train 45. Only the engineer on that train can get it done.

PostPosted: Tue January 9th, 2018, 05:50 GMT 

Brian_Eire wrote:
Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone on here knows what would be my best way to send something to Bob. It's clancy brothers related and very rare. My father and uncle were good friends of theirs and Liam especially. I saw a postal address for Jeff Rosen on here before, I guess that's as direct as could be hoped? Thanks in advance

Brian

I also have something that is very rare and has connections to Bob and people he has been friends with over the years. It was given to me by Jesus. If you get a hold of Bob let him know I have something too. THANKS! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue January 9th, 2018, 12:05 GMT 

I wonder if he ever got that bed Clickhole bought for him

PostPosted: Tue January 9th, 2018, 15:53 GMT 

Fan mail... :lol:

PostPosted: Tue January 9th, 2018, 16:24 GMT 

Here's a long shot and only if it's a copy of your item...
When I was very young I used to get Sports Illustrated For Kids mag for a short spell. In one magazine it suggests requesting autographs from your favorite basketball player via sending a letter and a hand drawn picture to the arena they play in & they gave the various addresses.
Well, I sent three out ... Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, & Magic Johnson all with letters, hand drawn pics and trading cards for them to hopefully sign and mail back to me. ... I went 1 for 3 with the Magic man sending me an autographed card back to me. ... Funny side note - All three of the hand drawn pictures I sent were of a cartoonist drawing of Michael Jordan jumping in the air that I carefully traced onto tracing paper & transformed onto regular thick drawing paper. Always felt guilty about that part until recently discovering it is actually considered a form of art.
.... Other words, I suggest sending mail to venues he's performing. Think they legally are supposed to hand the mail to whom it's addressed, but not sure because basketball players are at the address consistently and performers are just passing through. ... Couldn't hurt if it's just a copy... although it's doubtful you'd get confirmation it was received. .... I'd also suggest addressing it to Tony or one of the band mates to higher the odds of it actually being opened. .... Best of luck either way

PostPosted: Tue January 9th, 2018, 22:35 GMT 
Titanium Member

Bob's home address is readily available if you're good at spotting big copper domes in Malibu on Google Earth...

PostPosted: Tue January 9th, 2018, 22:59 GMT 

OldHenryLee wrote:
.... Other words, I suggest sending mail to venues he's performing. Think they legally are supposed to hand the mail to whom it's addressed, but not sure because basketball players are at the address consistently and performers are just passing through. ... Couldn't hurt if it's just a copy... although it's doubtful you'd get confirmation it was received. .... I'd also suggest addressing it to Tony or one of the band mates to higher the odds of it actually being opened. .... Best of luck either way

FWIW, everyone associated with Dylan (from bandmembers on down to each individual venue's freelance security staff) is under STRICT instructions to NEVER pass along any sort of note, in or out of an envelope, to Bob or his people.

In fact, most of them will politely declining even touching something of that sort which is offered to them.

He won't accept it even if they did, and they would likely be in big trouble for doing so.

This is partly because of liability issues regarding someone later claiming they had given him a poem, or a song lyric or something of that sort which he had later appropriated without permission.

It is also because of the ease with which someone with evil intent can dissolve dangerous substances (poison, PCP, LSD, etc...) onto paper and/or inside of an envelope.

It sucks that this is the world we live in, but those have been standard precautions on Bob's tours for years.

~ L.F.

PostPosted: Wed January 10th, 2018, 01:58 GMT 

.... Or you can take a chance & just see what happens. After all, its just a piece of mail. If the people who receive it treat it as something else that's there problem. ... All you can really do is try. It'll either work or it won't.. Whatever method you go for raises the odds higher than zero. That much is for sure

PostPosted: Wed January 10th, 2018, 02:15 GMT 

My wife sent him a huge birthday card once......it was like 2 feet by 3 feet......I asked where she got the address....she said she found it online.........it came back "return to sender", about two weeks later....?