Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Sun June 24th, 2018, 05:30 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri December 29th, 2017, 22:50 GMT 

https://www.gofundme.com/charliequintanafund

Legendary drummer Charlie Quintana who has toured and recorded with Bob Dylan, Joan Osborne, John Doe, Cracker, Social Distortion, Cruzados, The PLugz and Agent Orange and many more, needs your help.

Charlie, now living in Mexico, is suffering from severe financial hardship due to spiralling medical bills and his current inability to work due to his COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) diagonsis. With the inability to work or cover the costs of his medical care he is now facing immediate eviction from his home.

As a musician who has brought pleasure to many in the Bob Dylan community as well as the music world in general, we're asking that you donate anything you can to help towards the primary goal of covering his overdue medical bills and expenses. This will go a long way to helping get him back on his feet. If he can begin to cover his medical expenses, and gain the treatment to stabilise his medical condition he will be able to get back his life balance and return to work.

PostPosted: Sat December 30th, 2017, 04:04 GMT 

Being in Mexico makes what you are asking for many times more difficult for Charlie.

There are a few very well established organizations that offer relief, support, housing, financial, etc.. Ive seen these orgs put up people in some fancy hotels..Some hotel chains even have their own separate programs.

Bob was honored by MusicCares, as well as Tom Petty the following year, which is an organization that helps struggling/ill/down on their luck musicians. He had talked about what great services they provided to a buddy of his who had medical bills piling along with that eviction notice.

I am not sure if any of them are international or if they work with other organizations that are in your country of origin.

So what you've done may be the best or only solution to offer aid to musicians outside the US.

PostPosted: Sat December 30th, 2017, 16:12 GMT 

Sorry, I have my own medical expenses to worry about and I already spent my Bob Dylan money. Maybe Bob can throw a million or two his way?

PostPosted: Sat December 30th, 2017, 16:18 GMT 

Winter Lude wrote:
Sorry, I have my own medical expenses to worry about and I already spent my Bob Dylan money. Maybe Bob can throw a million or two his way?

We shall see.

PostPosted: Sat December 30th, 2017, 18:59 GMT 

I certainly wish him well
https://youtu.be/PgykX1jk3k0