Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Thu April 26th, 2018, 17:30 GMT

All times are UTC

Post subject: Leonard Cohen and TUIB
PostPosted: Thu January 4th, 2018, 06:58 GMT 

I read a few different places (Cohencentric being one of them) that Leonard Cohen named Tangled Up in Blue as his second favorite song. I believe he said it in 1985, but I haven't been able to find exactly where he said it. I'm assuming it was an interview, but I've yet to find it. Has anyone seen it before?

PostPosted: Thu January 4th, 2018, 08:19 GMT 

ShotofMercy wrote:
I read a few different places (Cohencentric being one of them) that Leonard Cohen named Tangled Up in Blue as his second favorite song. I believe he said it in 1985, but I haven't been able to find exactly where he said it. I'm assuming it was an interview, but I've yet to find it. Has anyone seen it before?

According to Cohencentric (footnotes) it's from "Leonard Cohen: In His Own Words" by Jim Devlin. (Footnote 2: "From Leonard Cohen – In Eigenen Worten (in his own words) by Jim Devlin, a listing found by Florian at LeonardCohenForum")

https://cohencentric.com/2016/04/11/bob-dylans-tangled-up-in-blue-is-on-leonard-cohens-jukebox/

PostPosted: Thu January 4th, 2018, 19:26 GMT 

Anr Bjotk wrote:
ShotofMercy wrote:

According to Cohencentric (footnotes) it's from "Leonard Cohen: In His Own Words" by Jim Devlin. (Footnote 2: "From Leonard Cohen – In Eigenen Worten (in his own words) by Jim Devlin, a listing found by Florian at LeonardCohenForum")

https://cohencentric.com/2016/04/11/bob-dylans-tangled-up-in-blue-is-on-leonard-cohens-jukebox/

Hey Anr Bjotk! thank you for that, I've seen the cohencentric post before (glad tangled is in the company of other Dylan songs like Brownsville Girl and I and I on the jukebox) but I was hoping to find the actual list, hopefully it's floating around in the Leonard Cohen forum. Thanks again!