Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Mon July 16th, 2018, 16:46 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu December 21st, 2017, 14:49 GMT 

Great News! Roger Ford's "Electric Dylan" website has been updated and is up and running. It now includes links to his extensive series of articles in ISIS magazine for The Bootleg Series Vol.12: The Cutting Edge 1965-1966 recording sessions. Thanks to Roger for creating and maintaining such a valuable and informative resource.

http://www.electricdylan.net/

PostPosted: Thu December 21st, 2017, 15:42 GMT 

Yeah! I've been looking forward to that. This website is essential for Dylan fans. A huge thank you to Roger Ford for gathering all the information and his hard work!

Gesendet von meinem SM-J710F mit Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu December 21st, 2017, 16:08 GMT 

Wow, looks like another must-know website!

PostPosted: Thu December 21st, 2017, 17:22 GMT 

bstacy wrote:
Great News! Roger Ford's "Electric Dylan" website has been updated and is up and running. It now includes links to his extensive series of articles in ISIS magazine for The Bootleg Series Vol.12: The Cutting Edge 1965-1966 recording sessions. Thanks to Roger for creating and maintaining such a valuable and informative resource.

http://www.electricdylan.net/

A great site, now remastered....

The six Cutting Edge articles are essential companions to Big Blue and are of Grammy award winning stature in my opinion! In his quest to continuously update our knowledge, Roger has also added "sticky notes" to the original PDF documents where new information has surfaced since he wrote them. The sticky notes are a bit wonky so it's better to download the PDFs.

It is the work of a genius. Bob and the musicians aren't bad, either!

PostPosted: Fri December 22nd, 2017, 06:27 GMT 

This is a great site. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!
And a big Thank You to Roger Ford for all the time and effort he put into this project. He did a fantastic job!

PostPosted: Fri December 22nd, 2017, 10:37 GMT 

Great site dedicated to unparalleled music.

PostPosted: Fri December 22nd, 2017, 16:15 GMT 

Thanks for the link; looks like good stuff.

PostPosted: Fri December 22nd, 2017, 22:01 GMT 

Dylan seems like a perfectionist after reading this, but I would say he s not an a**hole in the studio .Meaning sure he expects a lot - like idk maybe suddenly Donnie has to play a strange melody backwards on the mandolin and its really complicated or whatever you could imagine. I think its cool how he pushes himself and the band to advance daily imo; cuz everyone learns a lot. If someone messes up with an order beyond the imagination, I doubt he gets angry with them, because being hard on them would just make it a longer process to get it down. He's doesn't seem to be harsh listening back over some detail that went wrong, does he?I like how sometimes it's not 'perfect' because it's real. F*ck that auto tune thats why I LOVE him-too obvious , possibly , but nevertheless well worth noticing is the way he will occasionally leave a bad note and if you hear the recording over, in the end you will see that it naturally falls that way; otherwise wouldn't be sweet bobby d.
Oh and thank you for the website too. I love to know all that!!