Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Fri July 20th, 2018, 06:47 GMT

All times are UTC

Post subject: 1966 Manchester Concert
PostPosted: Wed December 6th, 2017, 14:13 GMT 

Hi guys just wondering how come some of the 1966 bootleg no.4's has Ballad of a thin man at 7:55 while on streaming services such as spotify it is only 7:00 and as a result you can't hear the judas chant and play it f'n loud leading into Like a rolling stone?
Does anyone know if this 7:00 version is only online as I want to buy proper version on cd with the full song

PostPosted: Wed December 6th, 2017, 17:13 GMT 

No idea about streaming versions, but I would be surprised if it was cut. On CD the Judas comment is at the end of BOATM. Track index may have been moved, moving Judas to the beginning of LARS. That would shorten BOATM.

Anyway, VOL4 can likely be bought used for around $3 by now

PostPosted: Wed December 6th, 2017, 18:34 GMT 
Titanium Member

Streaming services like to edit down the tracks to just the music. BS6 Live 1964 on Spotify is just the music tracks, all of the chatter between songs is completely removed (even the lengthy intro to I Don’t Believe You is excised).

PostPosted: Wed December 6th, 2017, 19:02 GMT 
Promethium Member

asdf29 wrote:

Buyer beware: that's about $10 more than it's worth.

PostPosted: Wed December 6th, 2017, 19:25 GMT 

Untrodden Path wrote:
asdf29 wrote:

What???

PostPosted: Wed December 6th, 2017, 19:32 GMT 
Titanium Member

Untrodden Path wrote:
asdf29 wrote:

Ignore Untrodden Path, he's just being deliberately facetious. BS4 Live 1966 is one of the greatest pieces of music ever released.

(Does this mean I need to hand in my treasured Untrodden Path Hero of the Day Award?)

PostPosted: Wed December 6th, 2017, 20:00 GMT 

just noted the details of the incident.so the judas shouter was off in his attempt to rename bob, but rest of the concert is glorous, isnt it?tell me how it is once you get the copy of the bootlegs in your dear hands , Jack :)
from across gutters that s no intention of passing some farflung examination. Im searching youtube to keep affinity, not to hollow rough going but rather fer t b polite on this body. my heart nearly content with no more than once or twice a week of internet searches is enough and a thousand times over my mind is spent.
there's a lot of reading I dont have time for
But this spring if when finally carries out those masterpieces in europe no question of love, the man is 76 and steadfast still consumed in the act of making!new stuff?the painting too ? halfday of sifting clips i imagine will hit no leave taking levels

PostPosted: Wed December 6th, 2017, 20:30 GMT 
Promethium Member

gibsona07 wrote:
Ignore Untrodden Path, he's just being deliberately facetious. BS4 Live 1966 is one of the greatest pieces of music ever released.

(Does this mean I need to hand in my treasured Untrodden Path Hero of the Day Award?)

I really do not like BS4 Live 1966. There is nothing contained on those discs that I ever care to hear again. But this release is loved by many and I will acknowledge that I am in the minority regarding my opinion.

That said, to date, the Untrodden Path Hero of the Day Award has never been revoked, no requests to return the award have ever been demanded. Great care is taken to vet the recipients prior to the award being given so that we don't find ourselves in the embarrassing or precarious position. Once earned, it remains the recipient's for a lifetime.

PostPosted: Wed December 6th, 2017, 20:34 GMT 

brooklyn damsel wrote:
just noted the details of the incident.so the judas shouter was off in his attempt to rename bob, but rest of the concert is glorous, isnt it?tell me how it is once you get the copy of the bootlegs in your dear hands , Jack :)
from across gutters that s no intention of passing some farflung examination. Im searching youtube to keep affinity, not to hollow rough going but rather fer t b polite on this body. my heart nearly content with no more than once or twice a week of internet searches is enough and a thousand times over my mind is spent.
there's a lot of reading I dont have time for
But this spring if when finally carries out those masterpieces in europe no question of love, the man is 76 and steadfast still consumed in the act of making!new stuff?the painting too ? halfday of sifting clips i imagine will hit no leave taking levels
That read like a 1960s Dylan sleeve note.

PostPosted: Wed December 6th, 2017, 21:57 GMT 

:lol: