Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Fri November 24th, 2017, 13:20 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed April 4th, 2012, 21:59 GMT 

Does anybody knows about this news??

http://collider.com/blood-on-the-tracks-movie/157228/

PostPosted: Wed April 4th, 2012, 22:03 GMT 

That's interesting. It all depends on the script and director as to whether it'll be any good or not I suppose. I wonder if they're using the music from the album as soundtrack..

PostPosted: Wed April 4th, 2012, 22:12 GMT 
Mercury Member

This makes me feel queasy, I can't see any good coming from it - an album, like radio, lets the listeners imagination paint the pictures but a film usually does that for you, like TV... this is not something I look forward to, it can only limit the original vision. Dylan already made the film - on the album and in your head - this is bad news.

PostPosted: Wed April 4th, 2012, 22:39 GMT 
Mercury Member

NOOO :!:

and :arrow: Critics have claimed that Blood is based off Dylan’s separation from his third wife :|

PostPosted: Wed April 4th, 2012, 22:44 GMT 
Promethium Member

Sounds like a positively terrible idea.

PostPosted: Wed April 4th, 2012, 23:23 GMT 

raging_glory wrote:

and :arrow: Critics have claimed that Blood is based off Dylan’s separation from his third wife :|

I had the same reaction!!!

I'm afraid about it too and I agree with slimtimslide. Dylan already made the film.
There is a lot of sites noticing this business fact.

PostPosted: Thu April 5th, 2012, 00:35 GMT 

Ickk!

PostPosted: Thu April 5th, 2012, 00:41 GMT 
Titanium Member

Blood - on - the -tracks?

I see a cinematic gore-fest in a railway (railroad) setting. Sounds great! Bring it on!! :mrgreen: Texas Chainsaw Massacre eat your heart out!!! (Hmm, more gore, I can see ... :wink: )

PostPosted: Thu April 5th, 2012, 00:58 GMT 
Mercury Member

supermabel1 wrote:
Blood - on - the -tracks?

I see a cinematic gore-fest in a railway (railroad) setting. Sounds great! Bring it on!! :mrgreen: Texas Chainsaw Massacre eat your heart out!!! (Hmm, more gore, I can see ... :wink: )

well if you put it that way..... damn shame Dennis Hopper is dead, bring in Tobe Hooper and it could work out..... "tangled up in guts", "idiot drill", "If you see her say goooodbyyyeeee" ....with a corkscrew.... yes this could have legs, as they say.

PostPosted: Thu April 5th, 2012, 01:26 GMT 
Titanium Member

smoke wrote:
Sounds like a positively terrible idea.

Yep

PostPosted: Thu April 5th, 2012, 02:11 GMT 

It's been predicted for a while now that, with Hollywood having officially ran out of ideas, albums would begin to get screen adaptations.

Blood on the Tracks seems as good a place to start as any, I guess. If put into the right hands, it could be brilliant, actually...It could also be unspeakably terrible. Hard to say at this point.

PostPosted: Thu April 5th, 2012, 02:43 GMT 

Not sure about BOTT but Brad Pitt is apparently considering a role in Brownsville Girl which Depp turned down.

PostPosted: Thu April 5th, 2012, 07:26 GMT 

I don't see how they would make a film based on this though.. unless it's just a love-drama with the songs as soundtrack. But then it wouldn't really be based on the album.. it would just be a drama with the songs as soundtrack.

PostPosted: Thu April 5th, 2012, 11:21 GMT 

Death on Credit wrote:
If put into the right hands, it could be brilliant, actually...It could also be unspeakably terrible. Hard to say at this point.

"Our goal is to work with a filmmaker who can create a classic drama with characters and an environment that capture the feelings that the album inspires in all fans," said Rodrigo Teixeira.

I agree with the man, and with you, DoC. This film could be brilliant. The brilliance will come from the strength of the script (a form I have used and love working with) and the strength of the script absolutely must be character driven, not driven by plot. The mood of the album is what fans have loved, and this mood will be translated to film not with a heavy hand in plot or (god forbid) soundtrack - the soundtrack will be as natural as the wind or the ocean currents when the characters are flowing. This concentration on bringing Bob Dylan's characters from the album to life will be the success of the film. Everything else must be fit into place around them. Their stories may need to be told through concurrently running multiple story lines that coalesce around the common emotional theme of Blood On The Tracks, and perhaps unite in the end - yes, this would make perfect sense! - in the finale of the story of Lily, Rosemary, and the Jack of Hearts. I would write "Jack's" role for Johnny Depp in such a way that he would not want to refuse it!

I would write the script so that there are the same juxtapositions of light and darkness, night rains that never seem to end followed surprisingly by yellow dawns, goodbyes and the hope of new greetings, pain and anger, exquisite tenderness and hard cynicism flowing in waves toward the final crazy-love stage scene. I would leave the film-going audience with the knowledge that it's painful but love - life itself! - really does work out for the best in the end and we can all have a good laugh together when it's done.

What fun I would have writing this one! Yahoo!

PostPosted: Thu April 5th, 2012, 11:28 GMT 
Mercury Member

Paging Joel Gilbert

PostPosted: Thu April 5th, 2012, 11:32 GMT 

A friend of mine will interview one of the guys from the RT Features about this news.

It seems they don't have a script yet. Peggy Night is still on time to write. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu April 5th, 2012, 11:43 GMT 

Carolina wrote:
A friend of mine will interview one of the guys from the RT Features about this news.

It seems they don't have a script yet. Peggy Night is still on time to write. :wink:

Hooray! I would love to be considered! :D

It will of course mean the supremely hard work of having to spend a gazillion hours listening to Blood On The Tracks... 8)

PostPosted: Thu April 5th, 2012, 12:46 GMT 

i smell cash for bob

PostPosted: Thu April 5th, 2012, 13:52 GMT 

I always considered BOTT to be Bob's most "cinematic" albums, meaning that every single song could be the base of a whole movie.
But one movie made out of the whole album? I just don't see that. Then again: if something has the Dylan-tag on it, there will always be people willing to go for it.

PostPosted: Thu April 5th, 2012, 14:10 GMT 

Probably right there - call me a sucker but I'll probably go to see it however good it is.
Still, the idea of "fulfilling on screen what Dylan accomplished in the studio" seems a bit crazy to me. I don't really see how you could do say, tangled up in blue except by inter-cut vignettes. Having jack of hearts giving a structure to the whole film with other songs driving individual sections might work. Impossible to really tell at this stage what it's going to be like really...

PostPosted: Thu April 5th, 2012, 14:13 GMT 

I think it would be better if they used just one song. Lily and Tangled could each be made into their own movie I think.

PostPosted: Thu April 5th, 2012, 14:30 GMT 

raging_glory wrote:

It's going to be horrific based on that statement alone.

PostPosted: Thu April 5th, 2012, 15:22 GMT 
Mercury Member

Guaranteed stone cold turkey shit of a film, or your money back.

PostPosted: Thu April 5th, 2012, 15:45 GMT 
*Senior Contributor*

I have been working on writing a screenplay of Blood on the Tracks but have faced obstacles in finding funding for my project.

If folk can send me money I can continue with the project... but I need proper money, not a few dribs and drabs here and there... I will write generous donors into the story... and the best donor wins the bedroom scene with Rosemary.

PostPosted: Thu April 5th, 2012, 15:54 GMT 
Titanium Member

I'll wait and see. Any vehicle which brings more Dylan music to the masses can't be all bad.

We're still experiencing a massive "dumbing down" of America - via the Republican party, and this could serve as a small but quite effective, corrective measure.

"When in doubt, give them Dylan"