Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Mon November 20th, 2017, 04:13 GMT

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun November 5th, 2017, 09:11 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Tue August 23rd, 2011, 14:43 GMT
Posts: 1475
Location: Singapore
In Singapore. FedEx tell me delivery will be on Monday 13th.
I ordered via bobdylan.com and never expected it any earlier tbh.
Expectations are the killer.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun November 5th, 2017, 09:30 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sat April 3rd, 2010, 17:44 GMT
Posts: 1092
I was in HMV yesterday, I saw the 2CD set retailing for £17.99 but left it on the shelf as I had a footie match to go to. There was no evidence to suggest that they had the de-luxe set in. They usually put a dummy card in with the regular CD's and you have to ask at the counter. Perhaps they had sold out of that format?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun November 5th, 2017, 10:18 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 29th, 2006, 14:41 GMT
Posts: 4850
Location: In the middle
Sony, Sony
Can you tell me when it's coming
Maybe next week, next month or something
Seems you always been this way to me
Just what kind of friend is this, Sony?

Sony, Sony
Do you know when it's arriving?
How long will you be conniving?
There's just no comfort here, you see
Why must you bust my balls, Sony?

There's an idiot wind still blowing all around my neck
I'll deserve an iron cross after your delivery dreck
There's an oldies band still playing that Sinatra stuff
But please forgive me, I've had enough

Sony, Sony
I can hear that rolling wagon
With a parcel and a bag on
But I can't see your package there for me
Please contact me now, my dear Sony

Well, the last ones you thought about when you announced this deal
Was that shitload of fools whose dough you planned to steal
I'm a broken man, my spirit won't sing
And I can't be satisfied til I receive this thing

Sony, Sony
Your heart's as hard as leather
While I'm rolling through the stormy weather
I don't even wanna stay onboard
The sooner I'm off I'll thank the Lord

Sony, Sony
Well, do me a favour honey
Reimburse my money
My resentment for you is so strong
Don't know why I've waited for so long


Last edited by effort on Sun November 5th, 2017, 10:20 GMT, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun November 5th, 2017, 10:19 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Mon October 18th, 2010, 03:16 GMT
Posts: 1230
nanook82 wrote:

Yes, in Oslo. I checked the tracking just now, still no info. So I wouldn't be too furious not to have a tracking number, it really does not feel like much with no info connected to it :)
It's not the end of the world I'd say. I'm sure we'll all have our sets within the next week. I guess I never really expected this to reach me by the realease date.


Great, we're living in the city and you've received tracking info and I haven't. What did I do to deserve this preferential treatment, I wonder?
Surely a pre-order should ensure getting the thingy on release date, otherwise what's the funking point (besides the bonuses)? I've could have bought it at the record store (sans San Diego) already.
They should have at least been upfront about the delay when they clearly were ridiculously unprepared. Oh, well, I'll have to wait until the week after next one then.

It still doesn't make sense that you got a tracking number with no info. If they're doling out dysfunctional tracking infos they could have handed them out to everyone as well (since they are clearly not waiting for the tracking number to actually do their job to send).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun November 5th, 2017, 10:40 GMT 

Joined: Sun September 2nd, 2012, 01:59 GMT
Posts: 5
I wanted mine to arrive on release day and save some money, hence I ordered TNM through Amazon. It arrived in release day and I saved some money.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun November 5th, 2017, 15:26 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Tue March 28th, 2017, 00:21 GMT
Posts: 62
Pre-ordered the deluxe (plus San Diego) from bd.com. All I got on release day was a tracking number which still doesn't exist as of Sunday... So, for now, trouble remains...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun November 5th, 2017, 17:36 GMT 

Joined: Mon November 1st, 2004, 16:01 GMT
Posts: 469
tendril wrote:
Pre-ordered the deluxe (plus San Diego) from bd.com. All I got on release day was a tracking number which still doesn't exist as of Sunday... So, for now, trouble remains...


You are not alone in non-existent tracking numbers, not that that is going to make you feel any better.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun November 5th, 2017, 17:42 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Mon October 18th, 2010, 03:16 GMT
Posts: 1230
So, has anyone in the EU actually received their package from bd.com yet?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun November 5th, 2017, 17:58 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sun June 14th, 2015, 07:15 GMT
Posts: 398
effort wrote:
Sony, Sony
Can you tell me when it's coming
Maybe next week, next month or something
Seems you always been this way to me
Just what kind of friend is this, Sony?

Sony, Sony
Do you know when it's arriving?
How long will you be conniving?
There's just no comfort here, you see
Why must you bust my balls, Sony?

There's an idiot wind still blowing all around my neck
I'll deserve an iron cross after your delivery dreck
There's an oldies band still playing that Sinatra stuff
But please forgive me, I've had enough

Sony, Sony
I can hear that rolling wagon
With a parcel and a bag on
But I can't see your package there for me
Please contact me now, my dear Sony

Well, the last ones you thought about when you announced this deal
Was that shitload of fools whose dough you planned to steal
I'm a broken man, my spirit won't sing
And I can't be satisfied til I receive this thing

Sony, Sony
Your heart's as hard as leather
While I'm rolling through the stormy weather
I don't even wanna stay onboard
The sooner I'm off I'll thank the Lord

Sony, Sony
Well, do me a favour honey
Reimburse my money
My resentment for you is so strong
Don't know why I've waited for so long


This made my day. Superb.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun November 5th, 2017, 18:18 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 29th, 2006, 14:41 GMT
Posts: 4850
Location: In the middle
:) thanks!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun November 5th, 2017, 18:35 GMT 

Joined: Mon April 6th, 2009, 20:28 GMT
Posts: 1015
Location: I was there for a party once
My slow train has still not made it around the bend. In fact, there's no sign of it at all. Thanks Sony.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun November 5th, 2017, 19:21 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 10th, 2012, 19:36 GMT
Posts: 1408
Location: Proxima
Sonny...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-u6qde ... ata_player


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun November 5th, 2017, 20:32 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Mon October 18th, 2010, 03:16 GMT
Posts: 1230
I have a very angry e-mail drafted which I'll send unless I get some proper tracking confirmation first thing monday morning... They'll be shaking in their expencive boots alright...
I wish there was a pact in which no-one listened to it until every single person who pre-ordered got their copy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun November 5th, 2017, 21:19 GMT 

Joined: Fri January 5th, 2007, 23:38 GMT
Posts: 1889
Location: Ireland
Anr Bjotk wrote:
nanook82 wrote:
In Norway. Ordered from bd.com on sept 20th. Would normally not take my chances with a preorder but the San Diego show was impossible to resist.
Status of my order changed to fulfilled last night and I got a tracking number with DHL. However the tracking number gives no results at dhl, so no idea where the package is. Looks like I won't see it this weekend.


What? I'm in Norway and have received no tracking number at all. I even ordered it around the same date. This post has just made me more furious!
Not only that, when I ordered I wasn't able to registrer an account (kept getting error message) so I can't even check my status. I've been composing a very venomous second email to Sandbag, but been afraid to send it lest they cancel my order...
It doesn't even make sense, how can they send without knowing the tracking ID. And how can they contact people at such disparate times with confirmation.

Have you checked the tracking number recently? Do you live centrally?


I'm having much the same experience as yourself. Hopefully, it'll all work out eventually, but it is a bad show.

Update: After first posting this I had another go at BobDylan.com, managed to register, log in and discover the status of my order.

Result: On this late hour of the fifth day of November 2017, 'unfulfilled'.

Well, neither am I.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun November 5th, 2017, 21:49 GMT 

Joined: Sat March 30th, 2013, 23:52 GMT
Posts: 181
Location: somewhere in the usa
I’m in US. Same unacceptable nonsense.

At their best, they are likely selling in the tens of thousands of the deluxe set. They knew the number of orders, and the release date. Apple ships millions of phones from China on release date. This was not a difficult logistical exercise. Gross incompetence.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun November 5th, 2017, 22:04 GMT 

Joined: Fri January 5th, 2007, 23:38 GMT
Posts: 1889
Location: Ireland
I'm in a quite rural part of the world and buy a lot of things on Amazon. I've always found them very reliable. They have strict protocols and enforce them rigidly on their sellers, in my experience. I would have bought the set for sure on Amazon, but I want that San Diego show, so I have to pay a little price.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun November 5th, 2017, 22:07 GMT 

Joined: Fri September 6th, 2013, 15:02 GMT
Posts: 45
Location: Baltimore, MD
Preordered in the U.S. in September with 2 day shipping. Got tracking information on Nov. 1. Seems to have actually been sent on Nov. 3. Estimated delivery date is Nov. 9. Not ideal but that'll work.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun November 5th, 2017, 22:44 GMT 

Joined: Sat November 4th, 2017, 00:26 GMT
Posts: 12
Nothing on BobDylan.com even acknowledging the issue. They need to get out in front of this.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun November 5th, 2017, 23:14 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Wed December 5th, 2012, 18:52 GMT
Posts: 4876
Location: In a hole in the ground there lived a....
Señor Silvio wrote:
Nothing on BobDylan.com even acknowledging the issue. They need to get out in front of this.


What I really think is "not going to happen."

What I'd like to think is "hey we will be getting JWH outtakes as a digital download as an apology and goodwill measure."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun November 5th, 2017, 23:28 GMT 

Joined: Sat September 14th, 2013, 17:56 GMT
Posts: 51
I ordered the deluxe CD and also the LP, both from Amazon. They were waiting for me when I got home from work on Friday.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon November 6th, 2017, 02:50 GMT 

Joined: Sat October 28th, 2017, 19:13 GMT
Posts: 4
Received tracking earlier last week, but status never updated from “carrier waiting for package”. Emailed today, tracking status will be updated “within 24 hours”

Chicago
LP version

Received the CD box set just fine, thanks amazon. Lesson learned.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon November 6th, 2017, 06:24 GMT 

Joined: Fri July 10th, 2009, 06:51 GMT
Posts: 2042
Not even an email with tracking number yet, despite ordering on BD.com when announced and pressing Sandbag, who have not even replied.
So all I've got so far is the Sampler.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon November 6th, 2017, 07:32 GMT 

Joined: Mon April 6th, 2009, 20:28 GMT
Posts: 1015
Location: I was there for a party once
arcadian wrote:
So all I've got so far is the Sampler.


That sampler has been played to death . . .


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon November 6th, 2017, 07:40 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Mon October 18th, 2010, 03:16 GMT
Posts: 1230
Mickvet wrote:

I'm having much the same experience as yourself. Hopefully, it'll all work out eventually, but it is a bad show.

Update: After first posting this I had another go at BobDylan.com, managed to register, log in and discover the status of my order.

Result: On this late hour of the fifth day of November 2017, 'unfulfilled'.

Well, neither am I.


It hasn't "worked out". If it had "worked out" it would have arrived. It arriving late defeats much of the purpose. Even if it arrives tomorrow (which it wont) that's still much too late.
Sent a very angry e-mail, still no response.

Hang on, were you able to registrer after the fact and check your status? How are they linked? I tried logging on now, but for some reason the website is fukced and wont allow me to enter a password (username works)...

How can your order be "unfulfilled"? God, this is making me so angry! :evil:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon November 6th, 2017, 08:12 GMT 

Joined: Fri January 5th, 2007, 23:38 GMT
Posts: 1889
Location: Ireland
Anr Bjotk wrote:
Mickvet wrote:

I'm having much the same experience as yourself. Hopefully, it'll all work out eventually, but it is a bad show.

Update: After first posting this I had another go at BobDylan.com, managed to register, log in and discover the status of my order.

Result: On this late hour of the fifth day of November 2017, 'unfulfilled'.

Well, neither am I.


It hasn't "worked out". If it had "worked out" it would have arrived. It arriving late defeats much of the purpose. Even if it arrives tomorrow (which it wont) that's still much too late.
Sent a very angry e-mail, still no response.

Hang on, were you able to registrer after the fact and check your status? How are they linked? I tried logging on now, but for some reason the website is fukced and wont allow me to enter a password (username works)...

How can your order be "unfulfilled"? God, this is making me so angry! :evil:


I'm just trying to be philosophical, but you are entitled to be angry, particularly given your own circumstances.

Yes, I registered only last night, weeks after ordering, and my status was present in my new account. It looked for my email address and a password of my own making. Then it sent me an immediate email, although I have a vague memory of an error message. I clicked the appropriate word on the email and my account was ready to be logged into.

"unfulfilled" = haven't lifted a finger.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: boo ridley


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group