Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Fri November 24th, 2017, 15:02 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 324 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Sat November 4th, 2017, 16:15 GMT 

Since Sandbag probably is being paid by BD.com for fulfillment, we need to let them know too. There doesn't seem to be a "Contact Us" page on BobDylan.com, but there is a link to "Send Us Feedback", which links to a Sony Music page.

I've told them what happened, and also linked back to this thread.

PostPosted: Sat November 4th, 2017, 16:21 GMT 

Update: Even though I signed up at DHL's site to get email updates, I decided to check out their tracking page.

My package left Austin, TX on Nov 1 at 3:49PM. Two full days later it arrived at the DHL center in....Grand Prairie, TX. By the time it gets to me in New England, I'll be pre-ordering Bootleg Series 14, (but not from Sandbag).

"Expedited shipping" my ass. :evil:

PostPosted: Sat November 4th, 2017, 16:34 GMT 

Señor Silvio wrote:

They earned themselves some extra money by saving on the shipping costs.

PostPosted: Sat November 4th, 2017, 17:11 GMT 

has anybody been successful in getting just the San Diegos discs without having ordered the deluxe box?

PostPosted: Sat November 4th, 2017, 17:21 GMT 
Titanium Member

Anybody do the download from Amazon or HD tracks? I don't buy cds anymore. Does it come a digital version of the booklet or anything?

PostPosted: Sat November 4th, 2017, 18:00 GMT 

slewan wrote:
has anybody been successful in getting just the San Diegos discs without having ordered the deluxe box?

Will be on import CD ( bootleg ) soon, I guess.

PostPosted: Sat November 4th, 2017, 18:08 GMT 

goodnitesteve wrote:
Anybody do the download from Amazon or HD tracks? I don't buy cds anymore. Does it come a digital version of the booklet or anything?

No booklet from itunes

PostPosted: Sat November 4th, 2017, 18:16 GMT 

Anyone in Europe received their package from bd.com/Sandbag yet?

PostPosted: Sat November 4th, 2017, 18:40 GMT 

Well, add me to the list of those who pre-ordered on day #1 from bd.com, received an email with tracking information (in US), but still see "Carrier waiting for package".....grave

PostPosted: Sat November 4th, 2017, 19:04 GMT 

Add me to the list of those who have been ripped off by this shoddy corporation. Saturday, still says "Currently awaiting package."

PostPosted: Sat November 4th, 2017, 19:13 GMT 

Relatively good news in that I received in the last half hour a ‘shipment’ notice that it’s on route.
ETA is Wednesday, Nov. 8th.
So, good.
I choose to believe people are basically honest until proven otherwise.

PostPosted: Sat November 4th, 2017, 19:22 GMT 

U.S. customers can track their package from DHL's end by going to

https://webtrack.dhlglobalmail.com/

and entering your tracking number.

PostPosted: Sat November 4th, 2017, 19:42 GMT 

utley04 wrote:
I live in NYC and pre-ordered shortly after announcement from BD.com. I received an email confirmation that the shipment was on its way yesterday at 10 am ET.

The email included a USPS tracking number, but the status of my shipment is "USPS Currently Awaiting Package." I have no idea when it will arrive.

I ordered from BD.com to get the SD concert, and expected the delivery yesterday.

Completely unacceptable given the amount of money paid. What is the point of pre-ordering if they cannot manage it properly.

Exactly the same experience as you, and today's mail has come and gone and still nothing.

PostPosted: Sat November 4th, 2017, 19:42 GMT 

Señor Silvio wrote:
U.S. customers can track their package from DHL's end by going to

https://webtrack.dhlglobalmail.com/

and entering your tracking number.

Not working for me

PostPosted: Sat November 4th, 2017, 19:47 GMT 
Senior Moderator

Anr Bjotk wrote:

I received the shipping confirmation the bd.com yesterday at 21:50.
So as I suspected it will be a week overdue.
I've got the 2cd version today from Platekompaniet.

PostPosted: Sat November 4th, 2017, 20:10 GMT 

SirDogg wrote:
Anr Bjotk wrote:

I received the shipping confirmation the bd.com yesterday at 21:50.
So as I suspected it will be a week overdue.
I've got the 2cd version today from Platekompaniet.

I received neither confirmation nor shipment yet from bd.com, but by now I am past caring how long the sandbag needs to cross the Irish Sea, as for the last 31 hours I am living with the 2cd version, which I regard more and more, when I listen to its 30 tracks, as the absolutely best release of previously unreleased recordings since the invention of the compact disc.

PostPosted: Sat November 4th, 2017, 20:17 GMT 

joops wrote:
Señor Silvio wrote:

They earned themselves some extra money by saving on the shipping costs.

Their gain will be Sony's loss. I'll be purchasing BS14 from eBay next time.

PostPosted: Sat November 4th, 2017, 20:40 GMT 

Sweden

Ordered thorough Sandbag.
Late Friday, after three non-answered messages requesting courire and tracking info, I told them I cancel the order and drove into town to buy the box from Pet Sounds, a professional and customer friendly shop in Stockholm.

I politely requested from Sandbag that I'd keep San Diego as compensation when I return the box, if the parcel actually had been sent and eventually would arrive, seriously delayed contrary to reassurances that we would get it on the day of release -which I doubt. I heard that four other orders from Sweden still had 'unfulfilled' late Friday.

PostPosted: Sat November 4th, 2017, 20:55 GMT 

landlordagain wrote:
Sweden

Ordered thorough Sandbag.
Late Friday, after three non-answered messages requesting courire and tracking info, I told them I cancel the order...
I politely requested from Sandbag that I'd keep San Diego as compensation...

This is a rationalization for theft.
You canceled.
You’re stealing the SanDiego disc if you get and keep it.

What makes me the ER ethicist?
I am appointing myself.

PostPosted: Sat November 4th, 2017, 21:47 GMT 

nanook82 wrote:
In Norway. Ordered from bd.com on sept 20th. Would normally not take my chances with a preorder but the San Diego show was impossible to resist.
Status of my order changed to fulfilled last night and I got a tracking number with DHL. However the tracking number gives no results at dhl, so no idea where the package is. Looks like I won't see it this weekend.

What? I'm in Norway and have received no tracking number at all. I even ordered it around the same date. This post has just made me more furious!
Not only that, when I ordered I wasn't able to registrer an account (kept getting error message) so I can't even check my status. I've been composing a very venomous second email to Sandbag, but been afraid to send it lest they cancel my order...
It doesn't even make sense, how can they send without knowing the tracking ID. And how can they contact people at such disparate times with confirmation.

Have you checked the tracking number recently? Do you live centrally?

PostPosted: Sun November 5th, 2017, 00:53 GMT 

After this disaster, and I think that bd.com must be quite aware by now, I would think
that the bonus trick will not be repeated for bootleg no14. I think they got many more
orders through the website due to the San Diego offer, and they were just not equipped
to deal with it.

PostPosted: Sun November 5th, 2017, 01:12 GMT 

gerardv wrote:
After this disaster, and I think that bd.com must be quite aware by now, I would think
that the bonus trick will not be repeated for bootleg no14. I think they got many more
orders through the website due to the San Diego offer, and they were just not equipped
to deal with it.

I despise bonus "this, that and the other" in the same way I despise the ridiculous amount of "offers" you can get for the same journey with British Rail.

I resentfully ordered with Bobdylan.com just for the damn bonus, and kind of suspected at the time it would lead to Trouble and More.

I guess I'll get mine next week.

PostPosted: Sun November 5th, 2017, 01:28 GMT 

me, i ordered the box at JPc ( euro 139,- ); it arrived on saturday the 4-th.
transport was to follow on the site of DHL.

PostPosted: Sun November 5th, 2017, 02:18 GMT 

gerardv wrote:
to deal with it.

They had a limited quantity to start with and should have been smart enough to be able to ship “all.”

PostPosted: Sun November 5th, 2017, 05:33 GMT 

Anr Bjotk wrote:
nanook82 wrote:
In Norway. Ordered from bd.com on sept 20th. Would normally not take my chances with a preorder but the San Diego show was impossible to resist.
Status of my order changed to fulfilled last night and I got a tracking number with DHL. However the tracking number gives no results at dhl, so no idea where the package is. Looks like I won't see it this weekend.

What? I'm in Norway and have received no tracking number at all. I even ordered it around the same date. This post has just made me more furious!
Not only that, when I ordered I wasn't able to registrer an account (kept getting error message) so I can't even check my status. I've been composing a very venomous second email to Sandbag, but been afraid to send it lest they cancel my order...
It doesn't even make sense, how can they send without knowing the tracking ID. And how can they contact people at such disparate times with confirmation.

Have you checked the tracking number recently? Do you live centrally?

Yes, in Oslo. I checked the tracking just now, still no info. So I wouldn't be too furious not to have a tracking number, it really does not feel like much with no info connected to it :)
It's not the end of the world I'd say. I'm sure we'll all have our sets within the next week. I guess I never really expected this to reach me by the realease date.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 324 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next