Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Tue November 21st, 2017, 02:29 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Tue November 7th, 2017, 19:07 GMT 

Fed Ex says it's coming today, but the tracker says its been a few towns over for hours now. I've been promised Trouble No More, but I've got those worried blues.

PostPosted: Tue November 7th, 2017, 19:15 GMT 

Drake wrote:
wormington wrote:
I pre-ordered my set through Bob.com. according to DHL, they shipped it today from Austin, Texas, to Spain.

Spain being closer to your home, yes?

it´s being delivered in Spain in my parents home, as I do every time I order records. then I pick up everything next time I go visit on holiday.
I live in Serbia, where any imports get retained in customs for an indefinite amount of time, and, if they arrive, they do so after charging you high taxes.

PostPosted: Tue November 7th, 2017, 19:16 GMT 

Bob Dylan office, I know you read this forum. I have helped you out in the past, giving materials to the archive, freely giving of my time and resources.

This has been a complete fiasco. First, many of us failed to get our San Diego disc officially registered despite pre-ordering well in advance, causing mass confusion, cancellations, re-orderings.

Now, the delivery service has been run like a cowboy outfit. We paid BIG money for the bonus disc. I have no clue when my package will arrive nor the kind of shape it is going to be in.

NEXT TIME, NO MORE PRICE GOUGING.

PostPosted: Tue November 7th, 2017, 19:24 GMT 

Foggy wrote:
Bob Dylan office, I know you read this forum. I have helped you out in the past, giving materials to the archive, freely giving of my time and resources.

This has been a complete fiasco. First, many of us failed to get our San Diego disc officially registered despite pre-ordering well in advance, causing mass confusion, cancellations, re-orderings.

Now, the delivery service has been run like a cowboy outfit. We paid BIG money for the bonus disc. I have no clue when my package will arrive nor the kind of shape it is going to be in.

NEXT TIME, NO MORE PRICE GOUGING.

I completely agree. Many of us forked over the cash and preordered, with the knowledge that we'd receive the box set the day it came out, possibly even earlier. It's now around 5 days after the release and I'm still without it.

PostPosted: Tue November 7th, 2017, 19:31 GMT 

This is crazy. I emailed Sandbag, and they snet an email saying it has shipped ON NOV 3rd ( wasn't I supposed to get it on NOV 3rd??) anyway it says it's in Houston, TX. I replied to Sandbag and said "Great But by the time I get it, it will be over a Week since it came out." they replied and apologized about the Shipping Fiasco and refnded me the $10.99 shipping. Can't wait to see what shape this shows up in.

PostPosted: Tue November 7th, 2017, 19:48 GMT 

gibsona07 wrote:
To put this into context, I ordered the deluxe set in the UK from Italian Amazon yesterday for £115 and paid £5 for postage. It's due to arrive tomorrow.

When you've pre-ordered it from the official store months ago and paid $28 shipping, you should deserve the highest possible service. It should have been shipped weeks ago and arrived the day before release. You have every right to complain and frankly, I'd want my $28 back,

I seem to be one of the lucky ones who received their sandbag package undamaged, only three days late, yesterday morning.
My shipping was €28, and the price was already steep, but "the highest possible service" for me came to me in form of "Live in San Diego", which I am halfway through listening now on my good stereo. I have been listening to quite a few shows from 79 and 80 over the decades, but this here is something else entirely, well worth the extra pay for me.

PostPosted: Tue November 7th, 2017, 19:54 GMT 

my order of San Diego only is still listed as "unfullfilled" – whatever that might mean; my credit card has been charged though (as early as late September)

PostPosted: Tue November 7th, 2017, 21:00 GMT 

If you refer to the San Diego bonus discs without the deluxe box I can tell you that a friend of mine was denied delivery when he asked the status of his order. The bonus discs were never meant to be shipped alone. Don‘t know about a refund of 8 € something.

PostPosted: Tue November 7th, 2017, 21:14 GMT 

Been through it all by now, the worst BS so far.

One CD from Toronto, properly mixed, would have sufficed.

My last penny spent on this profit train.

PostPosted: Tue November 7th, 2017, 21:51 GMT 

effort wrote:
Been through it all by now, the worst BS so far.

One CD from Toronto, properly mixed, would have sufficed.

My last penny spent on this profit train.

To each his/her own, but I love every last bit I've heard. A killer volume.

PostPosted: Tue November 7th, 2017, 23:02 GMT 

No complaints here. The Sandbag shipment arrived today. Well packed and including the San Diego discs. I did not really expect it to arrive on the day of release. Didn't Sandbag originally say it would be shipped "on or near the date of release"?

The tracking portal that was provided by Sandbag was not always up to date, though, so I used https://www.17track.net/en (an all-purpose tracking platform that searches the databases of all relevant international carriers), which provided correct and up-to-date tracking info and links to other portals which had even more details.

Anybody who has received a tracking number from Sandbag, but cannot locate their shipment should try https://www.17track.net/en

The set itself is wonderful, the era covered is one of my favorite eras in Dylan's oeuvre, so to have official versions of complete shows for 1979, 1980 (even though it's a "constructed" show or a reconstruction of the live album they had intended to release back in the day) and 1981 and a large selection of additional live, studio, soundcheck and rehearsal takes is fantastic. Sound quality is excellent, even on the mono soundboard cassettes. I also like the Red/Black color scheme that runs through most parts of the set.

PostPosted: Tue November 7th, 2017, 23:31 GMT 

I'm beyond pissed. Still haven't received a tracking / or anything. bought it through PledgeMusic however bobdylan.com is fulfilling the order. a true nightmare.

PostPosted: Wed November 8th, 2017, 01:15 GMT 

mojofilter wrote:
What went wrong is that they chose DHL.

I agree. I've never had a delivery from DHL that went smoothly. They are a horribly incompetent company.

My tracking number finally exists, and the package is shown as "en route". Somehow I don't believe them...

PostPosted: Wed November 8th, 2017, 01:27 GMT 

It arrived today, and I'm loving it. Only issue I've noticed is that LP 2 reversed the track labels. Meaning the track listing for side 1 was actually for side 2, but that's really not a major issue. Concert dvd was enjoyable, though Michael Shannon's presence as the preacher was a little strange haha. I listened to a few sermons of his before skipping ahead to more of the concert. The booklet is very enjoyable too. Penn Jillette's write up on Dylan's Christian period and this release was great, coming from an atheist. He mentioned a lot of the same points I too tell people, which is that a lot these songs can be enjoyed even if you aren't a religious person, and that the power and joy of the songs is pretty wonderful.

PostPosted: Wed November 8th, 2017, 03:17 GMT 

Count me among the disgruntled souls in limbo.

Ordered on the day it was announced. Credit card charged that same day, and credit card bill long since paid. Got my tracking number on Nov 1 saying it had been shipped. As of today, USPS says they still haven't received it from sender. DHL doesn't recognize the tracking number either.

I wrote the appropriately named "Sandbag". They are refunding my shipping, but they too apparently have no idea what the status of my order is. They are "elevating" my case and said they will let me know when they find out what's going on.

I live just outside of NYC, so it's not like I'm in the sticks, or on a melting ice-sheet in Greenland. One would think it wouldn't be too difficult to figure this out.

It was against my better judgement to order this bobdylan.com in the first place. I knew I'd be paying a big premium....but there was the San Diego sweetener...and I just didn't have time to deal with shopping around or waiting for the Amazon price drop. But now I have to deal.

The problem is that I just got back on the Bob bus. I never stopped listening to him, but when BS8 came out with the $100 "bonus" CD, I stopped buying all the official releases and deluxe editions. I never felt like I was being played for a fool before--Bob always gave me more than my money's worth in concert, and the deluxe editions of his records were only a few bucks more than the regular editions. Plus all the little freebies they used to throw us like "Live 96" or "Million Miles"--I felt appreciated as a fan. But with the ridiculously priced deluxe Tell Tale Signs and Another Self Portrait, and the preposterous Collectors Cutting Edge I felt like the dedicated fan was cynically being fleeced.

But I got back on the bus with Live '66. Really well done, and a good value. And though the gospel set was pricey for what it was, I went for it anyway. But with this shabby treatment, I'm over it. Mailing out a CD is not difficult. This just shows a complete lack of caring and oversight.

PostPosted: Wed November 8th, 2017, 06:31 GMT 

As said previously, I received mine, with San Diego, on Monday.
Yesterday (Tuesday) afternoon I received notification of the tracking number.

PostPosted: Wed November 8th, 2017, 09:34 GMT 

I have just had further contact with Sandbag. They now want to replace the box cover only on the bootleg series box, because of the water damage. I didn't know they could even do that. I have never heard of anything like it before. Regretting this even more now.

Edit: They have now agreed to send me a full replacement. Well, can't arrive in a worse condition than the one I got...I hope.

PostPosted: Wed November 8th, 2017, 10:04 GMT 

I recieved my package yesterday in Germany, including the San Diego show.

PostPosted: Wed November 8th, 2017, 11:02 GMT 

Wow... I just called DHL to see what was going on, and they haven't even received the package yet! What the hell are these Sandbag monkeys playing at!?

PostPosted: Wed November 8th, 2017, 11:42 GMT 

A little update:

They've already offered to refund my shipping costs, but I've asked Shitbag for a full refund and to cancel the order.
Seeing as it hasn't officially been despatched yet, this shouldn't be a problem... We'll see.

PostPosted: Wed November 8th, 2017, 13:57 GMT 
Promethium Member

Lesson learned from all of you, and others about on-line shopping:
NEVER pre-order on line.
Period.

Never have...

I picked my Deluxe up on release day, minutes after the Record Store opened and paid less.

Anyhow, if it’s any consolation,
I haven’t cracked the cellophane yet,
and probably won’t until you all receive your orders,
because I immediately took off out on the road again for a while.

I look forward to enjoying it when the chance arrives.
Think about it: What’s the rush?

PostPosted: Wed November 8th, 2017, 14:05 GMT 

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this but my copy of disc 4 seems to have issues with the tracks: You Changed My Life, Shot Of Love, Watered Down Love and Dead Man , skipping and jumping. I've only just noticed as this is the full listen on my ipod. Although I noticed Shot Of Love jumped on my first play through on my stereo. I'll be very annoyed if it's something serious.

PostPosted: Wed November 8th, 2017, 14:48 GMT 

Rimshottbob wrote:
A little update:

They've already offered to refund my shipping costs, but I've asked Shitbag for a full refund and to cancel the order.
Seeing as it hasn't officially been despatched yet, this shouldn't be a problem... We'll see.

Shitbag responded to my request for a cancellation and refund by saying that if I want a refund I must return the goods in their original condition, with a note giving the reason for the return.. Too funny!

They say it has been dispatched. DHL says they have not received it - so it's basically lost. Fortunately, I paid for it with a credit card. My credit card company, when I explained the situation, have immediately refunded the money back on to my card and are going to get the funds back from Shitbag.

I just called my local record store, went in and picked up the box set, paying less for it. Have just got home and am about to crack it open. Slow work day.
I already have San Diego 79 as someone was kind enough to share it with me while I waited for my order. So, all good.

Bob Dylan.com. I tried. I really tried to do it your way... but this whole thing is an absolute cluster-prayer from beginning to end.

Have I pre-ordered before? (Yes, once, for Another Self Portrait, which arrived a day early but with damaged vinyl spines)... Will I ever pre-order again (particularly from BD.com)? Not on your life.

PostPosted: Wed November 8th, 2017, 15:32 GMT 

bobfan wrote:
Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this but my copy of disc 4 seems to have issues with the tracks: You Changed My Life, Shot Of Love, Watered Down Love and Dead Man , skipping and jumping. I've only just noticed as this is the full listen on my ipod. Although I noticed Shot Of Love jumped on my first play through on my stereo. I'll be very annoyed if it's something serious.

I've played the first four discs a couple of times (CDs), no problems at all

PostPosted: Wed November 8th, 2017, 15:34 GMT 

UPDATE: As of 900 AM my delivery is in town, and ‘out for delivery’, which I believe means later today!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next