Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Wed November 22nd, 2017, 13:08 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Tue November 7th, 2017, 10:12 GMT 

nanook82 wrote:
Finally my tracking info is updated and the package is till in the US, "en route" to dhl e-commerce center. Guess that means another week before it reaches Oslo. It all seems pretty randomly organized.

Why US? Weren't the Europeans not supposed to get their boxes from the UK?

PostPosted: Tue November 7th, 2017, 10:13 GMT 

notdarkyet wrote:
He would have, but he know that he don’t talk.

He spoke to me in sign language

PostPosted: Tue November 7th, 2017, 10:21 GMT 

My box incl. bonus just arrived (in Germany), delivered by DPD.
The packaging could've been better, but the box is undamaged anyway.
:)

PostPosted: Tue November 7th, 2017, 11:15 GMT 

Everything good in UK:

Amazon UK delivered Box Set on Friday, ordered when price was lowest, £121

Sandbag/UK Mail delivered US Box Monday

Amazon Italy delivered Vinyl Set (was best price anywhere when ordered, 55euro but now 117euro !) Monday

BluSpec Double CD on the way from Japan

PostPosted: Tue November 7th, 2017, 11:50 GMT 

Has anyone in Canada seen their box yet?

My DHL tracking finally updated- but does this mean delivered November 7th, or just on a truck travelling across the US? Oh these mysteries of...

Nov 7, 2017
6:44 AM ET
EN ROUTE

Nov 6, 2017
3:12 PM CST
UNITED STATES EN ROUTE TO DHL ECOMMERCE DISTRIBUTION CENTER

3:10 PM CST
UNITED STATES ELECTRONIC NOTIFICATION RECEIVED: YOUR ORDER HAS BEEN PROCESSED AND TRACKING WILL BE UPDATED SOON

Let's all hope we get this soon, but I'm not despairing because when this does arrive, there aint no going back..

PostPosted: Tue November 7th, 2017, 11:54 GMT 

In my hands, finally - it's gonna be a long night tonight

PostPosted: Tue November 7th, 2017, 12:38 GMT 

And I had had it yesterday if DHL knew my phone number that I provided in the order...Lazybags

PostPosted: Tue November 7th, 2017, 13:03 GMT 

DPD app says: 31 Stops away

PostPosted: Tue November 7th, 2017, 13:17 GMT 

Update from the US:

Sandbag said since I had my tracking # since Nov 1, and it hasn't updated since, they finally believe something is wrong as I should have shown movement by now. They are looking into it and will let me know. Sigh.

PostPosted: Tue November 7th, 2017, 13:18 GMT 

Still blank tracking on my US vinyl orderered direct from Dylan website. Wtf

PostPosted: Tue November 7th, 2017, 13:45 GMT 

At least I know mine is waiting safely at the collection point until I return on sunday. That counts as good news. Now stop teasing me with news of how good it is :lol:

PostPosted: Tue November 7th, 2017, 13:58 GMT 

patgarrett wrote:
My set just arrived from importCDs. They'd packed the box in a simple cardboard box with no other packaging, so the corner of the case is battered and the spine of the book has cracked. Freaking awesome.

Ouch...I think they owe you a replacement item.
I'd send visuals to ImportCDs.

PostPosted: Tue November 7th, 2017, 14:01 GMT 

Finally some progress. Estimated delivery to me in North Carolina is the 9th, but I'm guessing it will be the 10th.

The status of your shipment has changed:
DEPARTURE ORIGIN DHL ECOMMERCE DISTRIBUTION CENTER in Houston, TX on 11/07/2017 at 04:50 AM CST

PostPosted: Tue November 7th, 2017, 14:03 GMT 

jalov wrote:
Update from the US:

Sandbag said since I had my tracking # since Nov 1, and it hasn't updated since, they finally believe something is wrong as I should have shown movement by now. They are looking into it and will let me know. Sigh.

Same situation here. My impression is that the Sandbag people, who are in the UK, chose DHL for US deliveries not knowing that this nonsense--slow delivery, tracking that doesn't work--is standard operating procedure for DHL. Now they're getting all these complaints and they're confused about what went wrong. What went wrong is that they chose DHL.

PostPosted: Tue November 7th, 2017, 14:56 GMT 

mojofilter wrote:
jalov wrote:
Update from the US:

Same situation here. My impression is that the Sandbag people, who are in the UK, chose DHL for US deliveries not knowing that this nonsense--slow delivery, tracking that doesn't work--is standard operating procedure for DHL. Now they're getting all these complaints and they're confused about what went wrong. What went wrong is that they chose DHL.

Sigh....even worse for me. After they finally admitted something was wrong and said they would look into this... just got my follow up email that said upon looking into this, according to tracking number (yes, the original one that hasn't changed since Nov 1) the set is on its way. I assumed.that meant they finally saw an update, but when I looked it up again...nope, same status.

At this point I'm wondering if the bonus CD concert is worth it, thinking I may just cancel the order and buy elsewhere or download from iTunes.

PostPosted: Tue November 7th, 2017, 15:18 GMT 

Happy just to be alive.

I thought I'd die of a heart attack when the DPD car drove through the small street where I live twice without stopping. Ok, parking is always a bit difficult, but others don't care and stop in the middle of the street for that short while. He did not.

Then the status switched to: back to the distribution centre, but then again to: will be brought to a pick up store in the vicinity. And, yes, there it was.

The whole process could be a little bit smoother to my taste.

PostPosted: Tue November 7th, 2017, 16:55 GMT 

FlexFlexerson wrote:
This is useful, thanks. Sandbag claimed on Friday that my shipment had already been mailed out but according to this tracking info, my order was not shipped until today (11/6). I've emailed them to ask what the deal is, I haven't really been getting bent out of shape about the delivery stuff, but it's unfortunate to mislead your customer if that's what actually happened.

As a quick follow-up, I e-mailed them a (polite) complaint that the tracking info and what they told me last week didn't match up, and requested a refund on shipping. Sandbag quickly agreed and processed a shipping refund for me. I thought that was fair and they were pretty responsive, so thought I'd note it here. They also provided me better tracking information, and my package does show that it is (finally) en route to me from Houston. C'est la vie.

PostPosted: Tue November 7th, 2017, 17:13 GMT 
Titanium Member

To put this into context, I ordered the deluxe set in the UK from Italian Amazon yesterday for £115 and paid £5 for postage. It's due to arrive tomorrow.

When you've pre-ordered it from the official store months ago and paid $28 shipping, you should deserve the highest possible service. It should have been shipped weeks ago and arrived the day before release. You have every right to complain and frankly, I'd want my $28 back,

PostPosted: Tue November 7th, 2017, 18:05 GMT 

I decided it was too silly to go on with the back and forth emails, as they were starting to contradict themselves, and I decided I can live without the bonus concert and DVD, which most have said it's good for one view anyway, and requested a full refund.

I can just pick this up via Amazon or iTunes download.

PostPosted: Tue November 7th, 2017, 18:20 GMT 

Update: I’m one of those that ordered the Deluxe Ltd Editions and was instructed via email that my delivery was en route and I could expect it by November 8th.

Sandbag originally shipped it on the 4th, and DHL shipped it later that day, and I was told that USPS would be the actual deliverer.

Today I learn that USPS in Springfield Massachusetts has it and I should expect it by November 10th, which is a full week later than promised originally.

No worries mon.

Just get it here, please, all will be forgiven.

I like (and try my best to live) the Christian Life.

PostPosted: Tue November 7th, 2017, 18:26 GMT 

I live in Sweden and I finally arranged a delivery of the DHL package to their local representative in my home town. On picking up the package I immediately noticed two things. First of all, the box set was packaged with a simple folded cardbord sheet. I order books online here in Sweden on a regular basis and they use a similar package. The books will not seldom arrive with a damaged corner or two, but I guess that it is a cheap package and on the only occasion I complained they explained to me that I am the only person on the planet that have received a damaged item. Anyway, back to the matter at hand, the other immediately apparent issue was that the package looked like it had been through a tumble drying process. Anyway, of an optimistic nature I headed home. Upon further examination it then became clear that the package was water damaged. The water stain went through the cardbord and spread out over an area of about 10 percent of the package. Opening it, there was damp spread out under the plastic of both the Bootleg series box and (to less extent) on the bonus disc. One of the corners of the box was also damaged, pressed in with blunt force trauma. With pictures of water stain, damp on box and the damage to one of the corners on the box I filed a complaint both with DHL and with Sandbag. Sandbag actually replied within 10 minutes. Now, during all of this my greatest concern was that a replacement would be sent packaged the same way (with a similar result). I honestly believed that international shipments were packaged with greater care. But, you know what, Sandbag stated that they wanted me to inspect the "water penetration" further and send further pictures. I asked them what they meant by that and have not recieved any response.

I feel like such an utter idiot. I could have strolled in to one of my local record stores and bought the box for much less money on the day of the release. In pristine condition. Instead I now have spent almost 200 pounds on something that I would rather put in the trash can than on my shelf. The 2 disc set was not worth it.

This is the first and last time I order a cd from BobDylan.com.

PostPosted: Tue November 7th, 2017, 18:31 GMT 

Well my delivery has now been marked as 'En Route' for the last four days on the DHL tracking site... but I know that if I try contacting Shitebag again they're just gonna tell me that I should have ordered from the UK store if I wanted it delivered early. A damn stupid loophole, I think, but I may be crazy...

Someone was kind enough to share, so I've been listening to the box over the weekend, and I picked up the vinyl version yesterday (which I was going to get at some point anyway)... it's a beautiful set, and I'm only just beginning to scratch its surface, really. Some incredible music on there!

PostPosted: Tue November 7th, 2017, 18:40 GMT 

I wrote directly to DHL. I told them I know I'm supposed to write to the seller, but the seller is in the UK and they're too befuddled to be any help. We'll see what the poor underling who responds to me has to say.

PostPosted: Tue November 7th, 2017, 18:41 GMT 

I pre-ordered my set through Bob.com. according to DHL, they shipped it today from Austin, Texas, to Spain.

PostPosted: Tue November 7th, 2017, 18:54 GMT 

wormington wrote:
I pre-ordered my set through Bob.com. according to DHL, they shipped it today from Austin, Texas, to Spain.

Spain being closer to your home, yes?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next