Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Tue December 12th, 2017, 21:53 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 325 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
PostPosted: Thu November 16th, 2017, 21:45 GMT 

My box (with San Diego) is off to my vendor tomorrow.

PostPosted: Fri November 17th, 2017, 00:06 GMT 

Recieved the package this morning here in Adelaide, South Australia on (17th November) and it was only 2 weeks after the release date!!! Oh well can't complain, listening to San Diego and already very impressed! Good luck to any fans still waiting!

PostPosted: Fri November 17th, 2017, 17:45 GMT 

Week 2 for me in Boston, still waiting, Went to the Show last night in Town, Pretty Good, Desolation Row, It Ain't me babe & Things have changed were highlights for me, along with the Sinatra Songs, Saw lots of people streaming out of the show halfway through though.

PostPosted: Fri November 17th, 2017, 20:02 GMT 

My Echo, My Shadow And Me wrote:
Levitt wrote:
Oh well. Ordered on the 31st of November, still waiting for delivery in the UK.

First time ordering from their US website.

Never again!

When ordering from the UK, you should automatically be directed to the UK/EU shop: https://bob-dylan-eu.myshopify.com/

Several people who ordered from the UK/Europe seem to have ended up in the US store: https://bob-dylan-us.myshopify.com/
Weird.

I'm one unfortunate -ordered by mistake from US -took two weeks to get here, hit with £46 of duties -Sandbag say "hard luck mate"!
Never, ever again -it has to be Amazon next time

PostPosted: Sat November 18th, 2017, 08:34 GMT 

Interesting.

I mistakenly ordered from the US store to. I'm in the UK. It too nearly two weeks to arrive, but was delivered by Parcelforce and there were no extra duties to pay.

One massive clusterfuck, this whole thing.

PostPosted: Sat November 18th, 2017, 08:39 GMT 

paulb54 wrote:

I'm one unfortunate -ordered by mistake from US -took two weeks to get here, hit with £46 of duties -Sandbag say "hard luck mate"!
Never, ever again -it has to be Amazon next time

Well done :) obviously my Parcelforce worker was more diligent or yours was not bothered. Agree it is a lottery but why the Dylan website does not direct you to the EU site is very poor IMHO

PostPosted: Sat November 18th, 2017, 17:28 GMT 

It arrived today. Well actually I had to collect it, because Parcel Farce couldn't be bother.

I also got hit with duties, but for some reason £42.

Sandbag, never, ever again!

PostPosted: Sat November 18th, 2017, 19:54 GMT 

Still waiting in Oslo, less and less patiently. According to tracking the package left Hamburg 4 days ago so theoretically it should be here. Probably means customs charges are coming my way.

PostPosted: Sun November 19th, 2017, 13:33 GMT 

nanook82 wrote:
Still waiting in Oslo, less and less patiently. According to tracking the package left Hamburg 4 days ago so theoretically it should be here. Probably means customs charges are coming my way.

If you ordered from the UK store there should be no import tax, because both Norway and the UK are EEA members. If you accidentally ordered from the US store, import tax will be due.

PostPosted: Sun November 19th, 2017, 14:37 GMT 

It's A Christmas Miracle here in Boston!! I finally got my Box, with the Bonus Disc, Last Night at 8pm, Packaged perfectly, Cardboard and lots of Bubble Wrap, everything is good so far. I was one of the ones stuck in Houston, so 15 days after the release it is here. Hope everyone gets there's soon.
ionthen

PostPosted: Sun November 19th, 2017, 18:33 GMT 
Senior Moderator

nanook82 wrote:

Same here! And I live in Northern Norway so it may take a few more days for me than for you.
But I'll never order from Sandbag/official site again.

Customs is a sure thing, I got it on the Cutting Edge box. 3-400kr.

PostPosted: Sun November 19th, 2017, 22:43 GMT 

SirDogg wrote:
nanook82 wrote:

Same here! And I live in Northern Norway so it may take a few more days for me than for you.

All Cutting Edge orders were filled from the US, that's why there was import tax for European orders. With Trouble Nore More there was the option to order from the UK store, which means no import tax for orders from EEA countries. Some European customers seem to have ended up in the US store, though, which means import tax is due. So it depends on whether you ordered from the UK or US store.

PostPosted: Tue November 21st, 2017, 15:59 GMT 

SirDogg wrote:
nanook82 wrote:

What? You paid 3000 kr import charge on Cutting edge?

PostPosted: Wed November 22nd, 2017, 01:02 GMT 

My copy of the deluxe box set was finally delivered to my house in Toronto on November 20. I wasn't home at the time, so I had to pick it up from the post office the following day. Good Lord, that took a long time! A test of faith for sure... To add insult to injury I had to pay almost $40 in duties. I'm glad that's over... I haven't listened yet, but I suppose it's time to wake up, change my way of thinking, and press on.

PostPosted: Wed November 22nd, 2017, 01:44 GMT 

I didn't pre-order and mine came from Amazon just fine... but Disc 8 was missing. Have a replacement on the way. Oh well.

Joe

PostPosted: Wed November 22nd, 2017, 07:10 GMT 
Senior Moderator

Anr Bjotk wrote:
SirDogg wrote:

What? You paid 3000 kr import charge on Cutting edge?

No, somewhere between 300 and 400 kr, can't remember exactly.

PostPosted: Wed November 22nd, 2017, 07:52 GMT 

Got my copy yesterday exactly 3 months after ordering and 19 days after release day. September 21 I paid 206 USD including 31 in shipping costs. I had to pick it up at the local postoffice and pay another 62 USD in VAT and duties. It came in a very solid package beeing sent overseas and by car from Germany. Didn`t know anything about ordering from the UK (but I`d have to pay VAT anyway).
I knew some people had got refunds because of slow delivery so I complained to Sandbag and and got the shipping costs back.

The question is: Is it worth it...? I think so even if you can`t always get what you want. After all the deluxe box costs 213 USD in the stores here in Norway - without the San Diego CD. I have waited 37 years for a good sounding CD of goospel area stuff. Now I will wrap the whole thing up as a gift give my wife a hint and store it away until Christmas eve . Only 32 more days to go!

PostPosted: Wed November 22nd, 2017, 08:57 GMT 

Is there really someone out there who doesn´t get the box set right in time ???

I just can´t believe it, the realease day was the 3rd of December and now it´s the 22nd.

:roll:

PostPosted: Wed November 22nd, 2017, 09:24 GMT 

November! Time is something relative.

PostPosted: Wed November 22nd, 2017, 09:46 GMT 

soulman wrote:
November! Time is something relative.

Hoppla Hop, yes I mean November.

:oops:

PostPosted: Wed November 22nd, 2017, 12:45 GMT 

Oh glory. My set finally arrived yesterday. NOK 500 in customs charges. Oh well, the lord giveth and the lord taketh away.

PostPosted: Wed November 22nd, 2017, 15:31 GMT 

115th wrote:
Is there really someone out there who doesn´t get the box set right in time ???

I just can´t believe it, the realease day was the 3rd of December and now it´s the 22nd.

:roll:

Yes. Mine showed up on my doorstep in Toronto, Canada on October 31 .... three days ahead of official release date. Punch line is I ordered through importcds.

PostPosted: Fri November 24th, 2017, 07:55 GMT 
Senior Moderator

Looks like mine has arrived today at the local post office! Only 21 days after release!

Am I the last one? Or is anyone else still waiting for this?

PostPosted: Fri November 24th, 2017, 11:22 GMT 

only five(!) minutes after I sent Sandbag an inquiry asking what happend to my order (San Diego discs only), I got a reply saying that they canceled my order…

PostPosted: Fri November 24th, 2017, 17:27 GMT 

slewan wrote:
only five(!) minutes after I sent Sandbag an inquiry asking what happend to my order (San Diego discs only), I got a reply saying that they canceled my order…

I'm going to wait till Sunday or Monday to email them, but I'm guessing I'll get the same reply :/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 325 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13