Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Mon December 11th, 2017, 02:11 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 325 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Tue November 14th, 2017, 03:21 GMT 

Sandbag refunded the order and the delivery charges at my request. I ordered on Amazon Prime instead, and it was delivered next day.

The Sandbag package was at least a week late at that time. I still have not received the package from Sandbag - not certain if I will, or if they are able to cancel the shipment on their side.

PostPosted: Tue November 14th, 2017, 03:29 GMT 

In Australia, and my last update was that my package was in Illinois on the 8th also... Just crazy not to have the box almost 2 weeks after the release date, will begin to feel very concerned if it doesn't arrive within the next couple of days and really don't want to go through another weekend without listening to this!

PostPosted: Tue November 14th, 2017, 04:56 GMT 

If you are still waiting, try putting your tracking number into this website. It has A LOT more info than the DHL website, and while DHL still shows no update since the 8th in Des Plaines, IL, this site showed it had left the USA via Tokyo and this afternoon the Australia Post website has updated it as having been received. So at least I know it's in the country and on its way.

http://trackitonline.org/

PostPosted: Tue November 14th, 2017, 05:55 GMT 

My slow train has arrived here on the west coast. I hope it does for the rest of you soon. Best of luck--it's been a ridiculous wait.

PostPosted: Tue November 14th, 2017, 09:39 GMT 

Just arrived for me too, in my parents house. Just a mere 40 more days and it'll be on my hands. Yaay!

PostPosted: Tue November 14th, 2017, 10:54 GMT 

Today I contacted Sandbag and politely asked them about the order I placed some weeks ago, whose status still read "unfulfilled". In no time at all I got a reply saying: Your order was cancelled due to unforseen circumstances.

These "unforseen circumstances" I believe are due to the fact that I did order the San Diego CDs alone. Oh, they even refunded my € 8.05 shipping costs via Paypal in the same moment*)

But there's no need to worry much, the original box including the San Diego CDs arrived last week.

*) Does anybody know how Paypal deals with this refund? Do they charge my credit card less when I next pay via Paypal?

PostPosted: Tue November 14th, 2017, 14:32 GMT 
Titanium Member

h.egbert wrote:
Today I contacted Sandbag and politely asked them about the order I placed some weeks ago, whose status still read "unfulfilled". In no time at all I got a reply saying: Your order was cancelled due to unforseen circumstances.

These "unforseen circumstances" I believe are due to the fact that I did order the San Diego CDs alone. Oh, they even refunded my € 8.05 shipping costs via Paypal in the same moment*)

But there's no need to worry much, the original box including the San Diego CDs arrived last week.

*) Does anybody know how Paypal deals with this refund? Do they charge my credit card less when I next pay via Paypal?

The €8.05 will be sitting in your paypal account. You can either go on paypal.com and deposit it into your abnk account, or when you next buy something, it'll deduct the €8.05.

PostPosted: Tue November 14th, 2017, 16:03 GMT 

Thanks gibson,

in the meantime Paypal informed me about the refund and will it credit to my credit card. Quite easy and smooth.

And I got another mail from Sandbag. They told me, the San Diego CDs were not meant for a stand alone release, whoever would have guessed?

PostPosted: Tue November 14th, 2017, 16:11 GMT 

My full refund hit today from Sandbag. Comically package still nowhere near being delivered, so I still need to wait for it so I can simply send it back. Wow, what a tremendous waste of time this was.

PostPosted: Tue November 14th, 2017, 16:26 GMT 

Anticlimax: it's here. It got to the post office yesterday, but the tracking didn't show that until today. Good luck to everyone who's still waiting.

PostPosted: Tue November 14th, 2017, 20:01 GMT 

Still Waiting here in Boston.....

PostPosted: Wed November 15th, 2017, 01:20 GMT 

This morning, on Day 11, the USPS tracking info stated that my package was out for delivery and would be delivered by 8PM.

It is now 8:20PM. Still out for delivery...

PostPosted: Wed November 15th, 2017, 03:05 GMT 

bigfatmoon wrote:
Jack Donohue 93 wrote:
My tracking link says it's still in a processing facility in Illinois and has been there since the 8th :x :x :x

Hi Jack,

Don't panic just yet. I'm in NZ and my tracking read exactly like yours..stuck on Illinois since the 8th. It then went really quick and the set arrived yesterday.

Thanks for that - I have newfound optimism that I won't have too much longer to wait. In the meantime, I sent Sandbag an email voicing my frustration and they've refunded my shipping 8) Small victories.

PostPosted: Wed November 15th, 2017, 03:14 GMT 

The ship came in today. 14 days after it was "shipped", and 11 days after the release date....but the set is pretty sweet. Well packed, no damage, and it does include San Diego. It's not my favorite Bob era, but some of this is really awesome. Gonna stop griping and start listening now.

PostPosted: Wed November 15th, 2017, 10:32 GMT 

RedShift wrote:
If you are still waiting, try putting your tracking number into this website. It has A LOT more info than the DHL website, and while DHL still shows no update since the 8th in Des Plaines, IL, this site showed it had left the USA via Tokyo and this afternoon the Australia Post website has updated it as having been received. So at least I know it's in the country and on its way.

http://trackitonline.org/

Thank you for the link! It seems my package went from Chicago to Tokyo and arrived in Sydney on November 11, and took another 3 days to be processed in Sydney yesterday (14/11) but hasn't done anything, but hopefully the package will arrive here in South Australia tomorrow! What a journey!

PostPosted: Wed November 15th, 2017, 15:48 GMT 

Rimshottbob wrote:
So while I cancelled my Shitbag order back on Wednesday, walked into my local shop and bought the box set and have been enjoying it since then.... the Shit bag order is still in the hands of DHL.

I'm following the tracking order they sent me... it arrived in Illinois on the 8th. On the 10th it 'finished processing' in Illinois - basically sat there for two days for no reason.

It's almost comical. I don't care now as my credit card company have refunded me already, but it's kind of amusing to watch Shitbag and DHL continue to fumble their bread-and-butter job like absolute amateurs, and watch this package just slowly wend its way towards me, which I am just going to refuse when it finally does arrive.

Ha.

So annoyingly, I couldn't refuse the delivery when it arrived today as I was out, and it was left with a shop down the street from my house. So now I have two copies of this box. Do I send back the BD.com version (including San Diego), or does anyone here want to (or know anyone who would want to) buy the box at a reduced price? Buyer pays postage. You get cheaper box set, I get to keep San Diego.
Any takers please PM me. Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu November 16th, 2017, 00:48 GMT 

End of day November 15... still no box set... I'm in Toronto and the package has apparently been in Mississauga (city right beside Toronto) since November 10 with no movement since then...

PostPosted: Thu November 16th, 2017, 02:44 GMT 

got my $11 shipping refund and box set today.

PostPosted: Thu November 16th, 2017, 04:09 GMT 
Promethium Member

tendril wrote:
package has apparently been in Mississauga since November 10 with no movement since then...

“Stayed in Mississauga for 5 days too long...”

PostPosted: Thu November 16th, 2017, 05:13 GMT 

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
Stayed in Mississauga for 5 days too long...”

:lol: Ain't that the truth.

PostPosted: Thu November 16th, 2017, 17:46 GMT 

Oh well. Ordered on the 31st of November, still waiting for delivery in the UK.

First time ordering from their US website.

Never again!

PostPosted: Thu November 16th, 2017, 18:20 GMT 

Levitt wrote:

Never again!

You ordered it on the 31st of November !?

You will get it in December, maybe as a Christmas present !?

PostPosted: Thu November 16th, 2017, 18:24 GMT 

115th wrote:
Levitt wrote:

Never again!

You ordered it on the 31st of November !?

You will get it in December, maybe as a Christmas present !?

Time out of mind, I meant October! ;-)

PostPosted: Thu November 16th, 2017, 19:56 GMT 

I hope you´ll get it as soon as possible. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu November 16th, 2017, 20:34 GMT 

Levitt wrote:

Never again!

When ordering from the UK, you should automatically be directed to the UK/EU shop: https://bob-dylan-eu.myshopify.com/

Several people who ordered from the UK/Europe seem to have ended up in the US store: https://bob-dylan-us.myshopify.com/
Weird.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 325 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next