Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Tue December 12th, 2017, 04:38 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 325 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Sun November 12th, 2017, 21:13 GMT 
Promethium Member

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
Anr Bjotk wrote:
Got mine today!

Yay Anr!
Got mine the minute the Record Store allowed it on Release Day and then jumped on a plane.
So...was finally in a position to crack the plastic wrap today.
Listening to Disc 3, 4, 5 & 6, so far!

Happy Listening!

Anr Bjotk wrote:
Importin to itunes while watching the dvd now :)

Hmm, oh yeah, the DVD.
I may have to try and resuscitate my old, old laptop from 2 generations ago when they still came with DVD players!

PostPosted: Mon November 13th, 2017, 07:03 GMT 

SirDogg wrote:
Anr Bjotk wrote:
Got mine today!

Do you get mail on a Sunday?
Mine is still in the US apparently.

No, but DHL delivered the package to Narvesen and they have a machine where you plot in your number and get your package (which is good because DHL would have returned the package today unless collected).

PostPosted: Mon November 13th, 2017, 07:18 GMT 
Senior Moderator

Anr Bjotk wrote:
No, but DHL delivered the package to Narvesen and they have a machine where you plot in your number and get your package (which is good because DHL would have returned the package today unless collected).

Nice! Enjoy it!
I'm surprised mine is in the US still, it's usually the domestic transport that takes time.

PostPosted: Mon November 13th, 2017, 07:19 GMT 

SirDogg wrote:
Anr Bjotk wrote:

Nice! Enjoy it!
I'm surprised mine is in the US still, it's usually the domestic transport that takes time.

Very strange... When was it shipped?

PostPosted: Mon November 13th, 2017, 07:22 GMT 
Senior Moderator

Anr Bjotk wrote:

November 6. The last tracking says "IPZ-Ffm, DE".
I read it as being in Delaware, but it might be Germany.

PostPosted: Mon November 13th, 2017, 07:31 GMT 

SirDogg wrote:
Anr Bjotk wrote:

That's unacceptable! They can't ship so late. Have you contacted them? When is the "expected delivery time"?

No to rub your nose in it, but BS13 is even better than imagined! Have yet to find one single track that isn't sublime.

PostPosted: Mon November 13th, 2017, 12:34 GMT 

FWIW, I received my first message from sandbag today. My package was shipped to Houston. I live in Chicago. The package sat in Houston for a week. Today the package left Houston for Austin. No arrival estimate, but at least I now know my music is on the road again.

PostPosted: Mon November 13th, 2017, 13:02 GMT 

SirDogg wrote:

Yes, "IPZ-Ffm, DE" stands for "International Post Centre - Frankfurt/Main, Deutschland (Germany)".

PostPosted: Mon November 13th, 2017, 15:07 GMT 

Mine came this morning :D

After a polite complaint to Sandbag Friday, I got an email this morning that they are refunding my shipping charge.

PostPosted: Mon November 13th, 2017, 15:28 GMT 

On friday the 3rd I called my shop and they told me the box set is sold out or reserved and so I called two other shops and they told me the same.

So I ordered mine from amazon, they send the box on the 6th and on the 8th they delivered the box but that was the day when nobody was at home so I finally got my box on thursday.

My time is limited also on weekend so I only watched the DVD.

Maybe I find some time to listen to CD 1.

Hopefully.

PostPosted: Mon November 13th, 2017, 16:03 GMT 
Senior Moderator

Anr Bjotk wrote:

That's unacceptable! They can't ship so late. Have you contacted them? When is the "expected delivery time"?

No to rub your nose in it, but BS13 is even better than imagined! Have yet to find one single track that isn't sublime.

I'm not so excited about this release, so that's why I haven't bothered contacting them.

WantedMan2 wrote:

Yes, "IPZ-Ffm, DE" stands for "International Post Centre - Frankfurt/Main, Deutschland (Germany)".

Thanks! And that means I'll get it before the weekend.

PostPosted: Mon November 13th, 2017, 16:06 GMT 
Titanium Member

I think you're going to pleasantly surprised, SirDogg. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon November 13th, 2017, 16:13 GMT 
Senior Moderator

gibsona07 wrote:
I think you're going to pleasantly surprised, SirDogg. :wink:

I hope so!
Like I said in the other thread, it's the lyrics that bother me. :P

PostPosted: Mon November 13th, 2017, 16:27 GMT 
Titanium Member

Caribbean Wind and Groom's Still Waiting are both essentially secular songs, and they're two of the highlights! :D

PostPosted: Mon November 13th, 2017, 16:54 GMT 

Some delayed updates from DHL today:

Nov 11th: Arrival at destination country
Nov 12th: Processed at local distribution center

shouldn´t be too long now

PostPosted: Mon November 13th, 2017, 17:05 GMT 

I was able to cancel my deluxe boxset order on PledgeMusic (fulfilled by bobdylan.com) got a refund and ordered it on Amazon.ca . Received a tracking on Saturday and I should receive it tomorrow. FINALLY. 8)

PostPosted: Mon November 13th, 2017, 18:13 GMT 

Was able to cancel mine through PayPal/Sandbag, and got them to refund me first before I would agree t send it back (whenever it arrives). Not that it matters, but as I said before, it def cost them a sale. I rationalized with myself I prob would give this set one or two listens and would probably put it away after, so I guess I can't miss what I never had.

:)

PostPosted: Mon November 13th, 2017, 18:22 GMT 

Sandbag wrote to me saying they'd closed my ticket and they hoped it was resolved to my satisfaction. I'm not precisely sure what a ticket is, but it seems to be their word for an job request, in this case their inquiry into what happened to my passage--kind of like a police case file. I don't know if that's British usage or just a quirky way that Sandbag uses the word. In any case, what they were telling me was that they'd looked into my order, everything seemed to be proceeding as it should now, thank you and goodbye.

In fact, things are not proceeding. According to DHL tracking, the package left the DHL eCommerce facility on November 8 (a week after it was said to be on its way to the facility). On November 8 it was "en route." As of today it's still en route. And according to USPS tracking it's been "on its way to USPS" since the 1st. In other words--if tracking is to be believed--it's been somewhere between the DHL facility and the Post Office for five days.

I wrote back to Sandbag saying that no, my ticket was not resolved to my satisfaction and asking for my shipping cost to be refunded. Now here's where it gets funny. They agreed to refund the shipping--but they actually refunded the whole amount. I wrote back telling them they'd made a mistake. I did that for two reasons. First, all I want is what I paid for, and I'm happy to pay for it. And second, I was afraid that if I accepted the full refund, then if the package really did get lost, they'd have an excuse not to send me a replacement. And I really do want that San Diego show; it's the whole reason I'm going along with this nonsense.

PostPosted: Mon November 13th, 2017, 18:29 GMT 

^^^^^^

What a formidable mess!

PS: still waiting for mine, too.

PostPosted: Mon November 13th, 2017, 19:58 GMT 
Mercury Member

When I order an Indian takeaway meal to be delivered, I'm really interested in the food - not the box it came in.

Same with music. Even if I had ordered this box-set, after this amount of time between release and delivery I would be so annoyed that there is nothing that would stop me downloading the torrent and getting the whole thing (including the bonus discs) for free, in order to listen to it at the time I was told I could when ordering.

That is what I did, and I'm glad I did. I've been listening to it since the day after release when it became relatively easy to get for nothing. It's not a route that Sony would wish to encourage (I imagine) but they have done everything in their power to make it the most obvious route to take for people who just wanted to hear the music. Talk about incompetence, and shooting oneself in the foot!

I'd post a link or two, but I'm pretty sure anyone who wanted to get it free knows how to do it, and obviously that is against the rules here, but I wouldn't blame anyone who googled it. For what it's worth I had to get the San Diego set separately from the 8CD main set (all in the best quality lossless files) and thus far I haven't got hold of the DVD, though that is surely just a matter of time and determined searching. It's much better than I anticipated but certainly not worth the money or the hassle involved in actually buying the damned thing from Bobdylan.com

Jesus saves, and so did I.

PostPosted: Mon November 13th, 2017, 20:14 GMT 

slimtimslide wrote:
When I order an Indian takeaway meal to be delivered, I'm really interested in the food - not the box it came in.

Same with music. Even if I had ordered this box-set, after this amount of time between release and delivery I would be so annoyed that there is nothing that would stop me downloading the torrent and getting the whole thing (including the bonus discs) for free, in order to listen to it at the time I was told I could when ordering.

That is what I did, and I'm glad I did. I've been listening to it since the day after release when it became relatively easy to get for nothing. It's not a route that Sony would wish to encourage (I imagine) but they have done everything in their power to make it the most obvious route to take for people who just wanted to hear the music. Talk about incompetence, and shooting oneself in the foot!

I'd post a link or two, but I'm pretty sure anyone who wanted to get it free knows how to do it, and obviously that is against the rules here, but I wouldn't blame anyone who googled it. For what it's worth I had to get the San Diego set separately from the 8CD main set (all in the best quality lossless files) and thus far I haven't got hold of the DVD, though that is surely just a matter of time and determined searching. It's much better than I anticipated but certainly not worth the money or the hassle involved in actually buying the damned thing from Bobdylan.com

Jesus saves, and so did I.

Yeah, if they make it downright impossible for me to buy this thing from them, I'll certainly find other means. But I'd rather stay inside the law for now. I do expect to pay the restaurant for the takeaway meal, whether it's in a box or not. Not judging; we all make our own decisions about these things.

PostPosted: Mon November 13th, 2017, 22:30 GMT 

Ugh! I ordered through BD.com to get the San Diego. Living in Australia, I'm used to waiting a long time for these things, but this is getting very frustrating. My tracking link says it's still in a processing facility in Illinois and has been there since the 8th :x :x :x

PostPosted: Tue November 14th, 2017, 00:08 GMT 

Well, my package which was in Orlando--110 miles away--on Friday will apparently not be arriving today.

Was I complaining about ten day shipping? Hang on...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue November 14th, 2017, 02:21 GMT 

Jack Donohue 93 wrote:
My tracking link says it's still in a processing facility in Illinois and has been there since the 8th :x :x :x

Hi Jack,

Don't panic just yet. I'm in NZ and my tracking read exactly like yours..stuck on Illinois since the 8th. It then went really quick and the set arrived yesterday.

PostPosted: Tue November 14th, 2017, 03:04 GMT 

bigfatmoon wrote:
Don't panic just yet. I'm in NZ and my tracking read exactly like yours..stuck on Illinois since the 8th. It then went really quick and the set arrived yesterday.

Bigfatmoon gives us Yanks yet another reason to move to NZ. If you'll let us in. This old soul is still sitting here on this bank of sand, just outside of New York City, and I don't know how much longer I can wait. My order briefly appeared on Nov. 8, arriving and departing a DHL facility a full week after it was "shipped" on Nov. 1. It's been "on the way to USPS" ever since.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 325 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next