Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Mon November 20th, 2017, 13:29 GMT

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed November 15th, 2017, 11:05 GMT 

Joined: Mon November 23rd, 2009, 20:21 GMT
Posts: 259
Hello everybody, it might be a usually topic to search for hidden gems from any Bob-Year but I just came across a wonderful, magnificent version of BoSL. It's from a Spring show in 1995. I know, from that year there are many great gems, great concerts, like Prague, London, Birmingham, Utrecht etc. But sometimes there are hidden gems from a show you didn't know was great or something close. When I found this gem on YouTube yesterday I checked out the whole concert here on ER and I would say, it is among the best concert from that time. Do you know any other "hidden gems", not only rare performances but versions that surprised you. On this performance (BOSL) it's especially Bob's harmonica near the end: https://youtu.be/V6XZtA94D4M


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed November 15th, 2017, 11:13 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Tue June 21st, 2011, 11:15 GMT
Posts: 1524
EternalCircle1 wrote:
Hello everybody, it might be a usually topic to search for hidden gems from any Bob-Year but I just came across a wonderful, magnificent version of BoSL. It's from a Spring show in 1995. I know, from that year there are many great gems, great concerts, like Prague, London, Birmingham, Utrecht etc. But sometimes there are hidden gems from a show you didn't know was great or something close. When I found this gem on YouTube yesterday I checked out the whole concert here on ER and I would say, it is among the best concert from that time. Do you know any other "hidden gems", not only rare performances but versions that surprised you. On this performance (BOSL) it's especially Bob's harmonica near the end: https://youtu.be/V6XZtA94D4M


That was really a great concert (Bielefeld, not too far from Bochum). Dignity was played there first (not counting the unplugged gigs).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed November 15th, 2017, 13:07 GMT 

Joined: Tue April 16th, 2013, 18:49 GMT
Posts: 635
There's great License to kill in one of the Prague concerts.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed November 15th, 2017, 13:41 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Wed December 16th, 2009, 12:57 GMT
Posts: 713
BOSL, BOSL... :|

am I the only one here who struggles to identify song achronyms? It often takes me quite a while, and sometimes I just give up. How many songs has Bob written? several hundreds, right?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed November 15th, 2017, 14:06 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Wed August 23rd, 2017, 18:34 GMT
Posts: 216
Location: I followed you beneath the stars
Boots of Spanish Leather?

Took me a couple of minutes, admittedly. You're NOT the only one!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed November 15th, 2017, 15:21 GMT 

Joined: Tue November 7th, 2006, 15:14 GMT
Posts: 2976
h.egbert wrote:

That was really a great concert (Bielefeld, not too far from Bochum).


there is no such thing as "Bielefeld". It just doesn't exist! Bochum on the other hand is just a suburb of Essen (but is does exist).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed November 15th, 2017, 15:33 GMT 

Joined: Wed July 19th, 2006, 04:24 GMT
Posts: 1103
Location: USA
bloodblondehighwayhome wrote:
Boots of Spanish Leather?

Took me a couple of minutes, admittedly. You're NOT the only one!


Me too!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed November 15th, 2017, 15:43 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Tue June 21st, 2011, 11:15 GMT
Posts: 1524
slewan wrote:
h.egbert wrote:

That was really a great concert (Bielefeld, not too far from Bochum).


there is no such thing as "Bielefeld". It just doesn't exist! Bochum on the other hand is just a suburb of Essen (but is does exist).



Yeah, I forgot about the non-existence of Bielefeld. Maybe it due to the fact that I witnessed a concert there, from which I even have the boot here on my shelf. Anyway, this is only proof of how skilled they are in simulating this town. They must have tools at hand unknown to us. Maybe the manipulate our dreams or even the brains?

Still I wonder how the boot came in existence. But wait ... can we be sure that certain musicians from across the pond are not part of the conspiracy?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed November 15th, 2017, 16:34 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat October 27th, 2007, 12:44 GMT
Posts: 16756
Location: Workin' as a postal clerk
Bob Dylan, ever the trickster!

https://bobdylan.com/date/1995-03-16-stadthalle/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed November 15th, 2017, 22:05 GMT 

Joined: Tue November 7th, 2006, 15:14 GMT
Posts: 2976
smoke wrote:


that's the same site that says that Romance In Durango has been performed in Saarbr├╝cken in 2015 => https://bobdylan.com/date/october-17-2015/
At least: Saarbr├╝cken really exists


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu November 16th, 2017, 05:31 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sun November 13th, 2016, 02:00 GMT
Posts: 258
lovethatcountrypie wrote:
bloodblondehighwayhome wrote:
Boots of Spanish Leather?

Took me a couple of minutes, admittedly. You're NOT the only one!


Me too!


Took me 'til I clicked the link and heard the song.

I hate when acronyms are constantly used for song titles on fan sites.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu November 16th, 2017, 09:06 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri July 15th, 2011, 02:23 GMT
Posts: 21177
LARS is the only recognizable one, due to repeated activity, luckily shelved of late.
Have no clue on the rest.
Wait, I mean: HNCOTR


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: fatherofnight, Jim B., Kramos


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group