Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Fri November 24th, 2017, 20:33 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue October 10th, 2017, 21:26 GMT 

When I first got into Bob Dylan properly it was around 1998 and so Time out of Mind was my first album. I got all the CD singles the Love Sick comps and the Not Dark Yet single, on that one there was a Boots of Spanish Leather from House of Blues 1996, remixed by Lanois and edited slightly. It's a stunning, stunning version. Haunting.

Can anyone perhaps pm me and help me get a copy of the wave file for it?

I know it's an official release but I can no longer find my copy and I long to hear that version again.

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed October 11th, 2017, 13:22 GMT 

Boots is from August 3, 1996. I dont have the cd and not sure if the quality is the same but the whole show can be downloaded here

http://expectingrain.com/discussions/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=90042

PostPosted: Wed October 11th, 2017, 14:52 GMT 

Ajax1450 wrote:
Boots is from August 3, 1996. I dont have the cd and not sure if the quality is the same but the whole show can be downloaded here

http://expectingrain.com/discussions/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=90042

That version is the soundboard unmixed. Lanois did a mix which was released as a promo called Live 1996 when Time out of Mind came out. The quality is amazing. he also did some editing, so Boots of Spanish Leather on the promo as on the Not Dark Yet single is slightly shorter, but its a beautiful sounding mix.

i've just synched it to the pro shot and edited the pro shot video to match, it looks and sounds wonderful, it's just a shame that the circulating pro-shot is a few generations away from it's original so not the best video quality.