Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Thu December 14th, 2017, 18:50 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1442 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 58  Next
PostPosted: Thu September 21st, 2017, 11:34 GMT 

fatherofnight wrote:
I'm echoing arcadian...

Hi there,

The bonus CD's are a standard so you'll definitely be receiving them. Apologies for any confusion.

Kind regards,

Sandbag

Got this a few minutes ago, all is well in bobworld.

Thanks a lot arcadian and fatherofnight for sorting this out. I ordered and have received confirmation. All is well.

PostPosted: Thu September 21st, 2017, 11:45 GMT 

From bobdylan.com:

The deluxe box set includes a hardcover book featuring an introduction by Dylan scholar Ben Rollins with liner notes by Amanda Petrusich, Rob Bowman and Penn Jillette.

Does this mean there are no liner notes by charlatan Clinton Heylin? This would be a very good thing indeed!

Amanda Petrusich has written a great, great book about collecting 78s: "Do Not Sell At Any Price: The Wild, Obsessive Hunt for the World's Rarest 78rpm Records". And Penn Jilette has always spoken well of Dylan. Great choices!

PostPosted: Thu September 21st, 2017, 12:27 GMT 

thisisjohn wrote:
I'm praying that the bonus 2-disc live set will be pretty easily available to purchase on eBay. I would really rather buy from Amazon because 1) it's cheaper; with my employee discount, I'm only paying $172.05 2) it's faster; they will get it to me ON release date, not SHIP IT on release date and 3) they won't charge me till a few days before it ships and I need the time to save up for it.

I really want that bonus live set though. I know other bonus discs like Live At Carnegie Hall 1963 and In Concert: Brandeis University 1963 are easy and cheap to find, but I think those were general pre-order bonuses, not for just one store (BobDylan.com), so there might be less of them this time.

Off topic, but where at Amazon do you work?

PostPosted: Thu September 21st, 2017, 12:31 GMT 

TimeandTempo wrote:
thisisjohn wrote:
I'm praying that the bonus 2-disc live set will be pretty easily available to purchase on eBay. I would really rather buy from Amazon because 1) it's cheaper; with my employee discount, I'm only paying $172.05 2) it's faster; they will get it to me ON release date, not SHIP IT on release date and 3) they won't charge me till a few days before it ships and I need the time to save up for it.

I really want that bonus live set though. I know other bonus discs like Live At Carnegie Hall 1963 and In Concert: Brandeis University 1963 are easy and cheap to find, but I think those were general pre-order bonuses, not for just one store (BobDylan.com), so there might be less of them this time.

Off topic, but where at Amazon do you work?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu September 21st, 2017, 12:38 GMT 

fatherofnight wrote:
I'm echoing arcadian...

Hi there,

The bonus CD's are a standard so you'll definitely be receiving them. Apologies for any confusion.

Kind regards,

Sandbag

Got this a few minutes ago, all is well in bobworld.

Got the same mail. all is well

PostPosted: Thu September 21st, 2017, 12:41 GMT 
Mercury Member

No complaints here (well, the price is a bit higher than I wanted to pay), this looks fantastic!!! I need a shot of love and the outtakes/rehearsals are what I'm most excited about.

PostPosted: Thu September 21st, 2017, 12:46 GMT 

Quote:
Dylan delivered his own sermons on the gospel tours, often speaking for upwards of 15 minutes and warning the audience about an impending apocalypse. "We've had a lot of previews of what the Anti-Christ could be like," he said to the crowd at a Toronto show. "We had that Jim Jones, he's like a preview. We had Adolf Hitler, a preview. Anyway, the Anti-Christ is gonna be a little bit different than that. He's gonna bring peace to the world for a certain length of time. But he will eventually be defeated to. Supernaturally defeated. And God will intervene.

over the years those strange sermons fell into lenient and merciful oblivion!
And as we all know, Bob was obviously wrong - at least till now.
Or did bob predict the coming of Donald Trump and Kim Jong Un?
Some signs seem to fit!
Let's see, how God will intervene.

PostPosted: Thu September 21st, 2017, 13:04 GMT 

More info on the live album that could have been:

Quote:
Dylan seems to have belatedly realized the error of his studio ways. Having turned in the new album to CBS, he apparently requested the opportunity to recut the songs live. Not for the first time, CBS failed to recognize that the best way to server their shareholders was to serve the artist's needs, and though Dylan would, in fact, deliver a live album recorded in Toronto in April - an amalgam of songs from both albums - they would refrain from releasing it.

Dave Kelly: He wanted to redo [Saved] but there was no time... He was contemplating issuing a live record... It occurred to him to record the shows, but the record company were not interested. They wouldn't put any money into it.

So maybe discs 5 and 6 represent what would've been released had the record company given the go ahead.

PostPosted: Thu September 21st, 2017, 13:24 GMT 

mystic garden wrote:
Dylan's sermons have been removed?! So disappointing!

I'm with Heylin in saying that removing the sermons removes some of the power in the performances. Sure, remove them on the compilation-type discs of 1 & 2, but if you're showcasing a complete show, the whole audio should really be there from beginning to end.

I think, along with some of the missing outtakes, that we at ER should try put together a 'complete box set' once it's released.

Don't know why everybody is so sure all sermons have been removed.
At that stage (as far as I have seen) we don't have durations of each track, only the tracklisting. A sermon may be hidden as an introduction to a song -which duration will be extended by 3 or 4 minutes. That was already the case on another live release with a long spoken intro about Blowin' in the wind and that English teacher wanting to understand his wrong hearing of the lyrics.
(Sorry I just cannot remember right now which release it was nor even what's the wrong word that teacher had heard).

Last edited by JeffreyLeePierre on Thu September 21st, 2017, 13:27 GMT, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu September 21st, 2017, 13:26 GMT 

Nearly ordered this off PledgeMusic as their price is very good but as I worked through BD.COM the specific option to include the extra San Diego Discs came up and that swung it for me. If I hadn't got a specific chance to do this I think I would have gone elsewhere. Am I the only one who really quite likes the cover?

PostPosted: Thu September 21st, 2017, 13:27 GMT 

JeffreyLeePierre wrote:
mystic garden wrote:
Dylan's sermons have been removed?! So disappointing!

I'm with Heylin in saying that removing the sermons removes some of the power in the performances. Sure, remove them on the compilation-type discs of 1 & 2, but if you're showcasing a complete show, the whole audio should really be there from beginning to end.

I think, along with some of the missing outtakes, that we at ER should try put together a 'complete box set' once it's released.

Don't know why everybody is so sure all sermons have been removed.
At that stage (as far as I have seen) we don't have durations of each track, only the tracklisting. A sermon may be hidden as an introduction to a song -which duration will be extended by 3 or 4 minutes. That was already the case on another live release with a long spoken intro about Blowin' in the wind and that English teacher wanting to understand his wrong hearing of the lyrics.
(Sorry I just cannot remember right now which release it was nor even what's the wrong words that teacher had heard).

Bootleg Series 6.

PostPosted: Thu September 21st, 2017, 13:31 GMT 

Thanks, that was my guess but not sure. Especially after checking and there is no Blowin' in the wind on the tracklisting, which confused me.
And please, what was the wrong understanding?

PostPosted: Thu September 21st, 2017, 13:33 GMT 

On BD.com once you press the button to add the bonus discs to your cart you can delete the box set from the shopping cart so it just contains only the free bonus!

I've just ordered the bonus only and had to pay £2.10 for shipping. They've thanked me and confirmed my order!

Don't usually buy from this site because it's so expensive but no complaints about this! Will they honor it and if they don't will I get my £2.10 back?

I don't actually have a CD player anymore but couldn't resist this just to see if Sony come through!

PostPosted: Thu September 21st, 2017, 13:50 GMT 
Titanium Member

man in the moon wrote:
On BD.com once you press the button to add the bonus discs to your cart you can delete the box set from the shopping cart so it just contains only the free bonus!

I've just ordered the bonus only and had to pay £2.10 for shipping. They've thanked me and confirmed my order!

Don't usually buy from this site because it's so expensive but no complaints about this! Will they honor it and if they don't will I get my £2.10 back?

I don't actually have a CD player anymore but couldn't resist this just to see if Sony come through!

It's surely worth the £2.10 to find out! Thanks for the tip.

EDIT: The above has worked for me too. Lets see what happens...

Last edited by gibsona07 on Thu September 21st, 2017, 13:55 GMT, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu September 21st, 2017, 13:50 GMT 

Just bought the deluxe edition

man in the moon wrote:

I suspect they will honour it, my uncle pre ordered the complete collection from the site, they sent him 2 and never charged him for any of them.

PostPosted: Thu September 21st, 2017, 14:05 GMT 

Did the same and got this:

Your order is confirmed
We've accepted your order, and we're getting it ready. Come back to this page for updates on your order status.

Shipping for the free Live CD-Set to Germany is 8 Euros. 8)

PostPosted: Thu September 21st, 2017, 14:13 GMT 

man in the moon wrote:

I'd imagine now that you've posted it on here they'll see the error and fix
the loop hole.
Sometimes discretion is warranted.

PostPosted: Thu September 21st, 2017, 14:15 GMT 

gibsona07 wrote:

It's surely worth the £2.10 to find out! Thanks for the tip.

EDIT: The above has worked for me too. Lets see what happens...

Well exactly. It will be so funny if it works. :D

PostPosted: Thu September 21st, 2017, 14:20 GMT 

man in the moon wrote:
On BD.com once you press the button to add the bonus discs to your cart you can delete the box set from the shopping cart so it just contains only the free bonus! ...

interesting glitch in their order system, which some seem ready and willing to exploit

guess you are all aware that the offer on the website says:

EXCLUSIVE BONUS 2-CD SET OF THE FULL LIVE SHOW FROM SAN DIEGO, 1979 WHEN YOU PRE-ORDER THE DELUXE 9 DISC BOX SET FROM BOBDYLAN.COM

LIMITED QUANTITIES WHILE STOCKS LAST...

so tricking the system will deplete the limited stock for those wishing to avail of their offer

but I guess you all already know that

PostPosted: Thu September 21st, 2017, 14:21 GMT 

LibraChild1980 wrote:
I'd imagine now that you've posted it on here they'll see the error and fix
the loop hole.
Sometimes discretion is warranted.

Yes but then no one would know and where's the fun in that?
Sometimes discretion is overrated.

PostPosted: Thu September 21st, 2017, 14:34 GMT 

„interesting glitch in their order system, which some seem ready and willing to exploit

guess you are all aware that the offer on the website says:

EXCLUSIVE BONUS 2-CD SET OF THE FULL LIVE SHOW FROM SAN DIEGO, 1979 WHEN YOU PRE-ORDER THE DELUXE 9 DISC BOX SET FROM BOBDYLAN.COM

LIMITED QUANTITIES WHILE STOCKS LAST...

so tricking the system will deplete the limited stock for those wishing to avail of their offer

but I guess you all already know that“

Well, I don't think so. They just make a couple more live cds, how hard is that? And exploit? Really? Hey it's sony and 196 Euro plus shipping thats exploitation

PostPosted: Thu September 21st, 2017, 14:35 GMT 
Titanium Member

Reminds me of the Complete Album Collection "taking advantage of the system" routine where you could get a remastered Hard Rain for free with a simple email to Sony about "problems with your disc"

PostPosted: Thu September 21st, 2017, 14:44 GMT 

Just to back up my point about exploitation: Import CD has the deluxe box set for 114,60 $

PostPosted: Thu September 21st, 2017, 14:53 GMT 

HopE wrote:
Quote:
Dylan delivered his own sermons on the gospel tours, often speaking for upwards of 15 minutes and warning the audience about an impending apocalypse. "We've had a lot of previews of what the Anti-Christ could be like," he said to the crowd at a Toronto show. "We had that Jim Jones, he's like a preview. We had Adolf Hitler, a preview. Anyway, the Anti-Christ is gonna be a little bit different than that. He's gonna bring peace to the world for a certain length of time. But he will eventually be defeated to. Supernaturally defeated. And God will intervene.

over the years those strange sermons fell into lenient and merciful oblivion!
And as we all know, Bob was obviously wrong - at least till now.
Or did bob predict the coming of Donald Trump and Kim Jong Un?
Some signs seem to fit!
Let's see, how God will intervene.

Dylan converted to Christianity very much under the influence of a millenarian evangelical sect which itself had been influenced by a book called The Late Great Planet Earth, by one Hal Lindsey.

In the interim, Dylan's perspective has radically changed and now seems closer to the apostolic Christian Churches, particularly the Orthodox. Every Grain of Sand is probably the song that first recognisably signposted that development.

PostPosted: Thu September 21st, 2017, 14:54 GMT 

mannikaltz wrote:
Well, I don't think so. They just make a couple more live cds, how hard is that? And exploit? Really? Hey it's sony and 196 Euro plus shipping thats exploitation

so that gives you the right then to snatch a free bonus cd set out of the hand from someone trying to avail for their offer? who might find out that there are no more free bonus discs because some tricked the system?

good thing I ordered my set yesterday already

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1442 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 58  Next