Expecting Rain
http://www.expectingrain.com/discussions/

Time Out Of Mind 20th Anniversary Edition
http://www.expectingrain.com/discussions/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=91274
Page 2 of 3

Author:  TimeandTempo [ Tue August 22nd, 2017, 15:51 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Time Out Of Mind 20th Anniversary Edition

wormington wrote:
Ah, c´mon, Shot of love ain´t that bad. Yes, it had some sub par stuff, I would say mostly Lenny Bruce, which is a nice tribute, but one of his worst songs.
But Heart of mine, Property of Jesus, Watered down love, In the summer time and Every grain of sand make the record more than worth one´s money to me


Agreed. My alt tracklist:

Second Shot
1. Heart of Mine
2. Property of Jesus
3. Watered-Down Love
4. Need a Woman
5. Angelina
6. Groom's Still Waiting At The Altar
7. You Changed My Life
8. In The Summertime
9. Caribbean Wind
10. Every Grain of Sand

Author:  dvdunplugged [ Tue August 22nd, 2017, 17:29 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Time Out Of Mind 20th Anniversary Edition

slimtimslide wrote:
I guess that makes the original Shot Of Love more collectable than the later release - a case where "Less is more" is actually true, in the sense that it's a dismal album anyway, so the quicker it is over the better.

Totally agree, I too think it is rather over rated. Less is definitely more, and while we're on that subject....

Author:  dvdunplugged [ Tue August 22nd, 2017, 17:33 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Time Out Of Mind 20th Anniversary Edition

20YearsAgo wrote:
dvdunplugged wrote:
Coming soon - The Triplicate 1st Anniversary De-Luxe Edition...you know it makes sense!


New & Improved-- now just on one cd!


(I say, ducking for cover) :mrgreen:


....Totally agree again, but it is currently 3 x 3CD's of about 30 minutes duration each - so to fit it all on to one CD they would have to 'loose' 4 or 5 tracks to make it fit. I wonder what would be put into storage?

Author:  FieldingMellish [ Wed August 23rd, 2017, 11:44 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Time Out Of Mind 20th Anniversary Edition

Handsomeinthefog wrote:
FieldingMellish wrote:
What about 'Shot of Love'? 'The Groom's Still Waiting at the Altar' was added to that.


No, it wasn't, "Groom" was on the original tape release. The CD simply followed the tape running order, but nothing was added that wasn't on the original run.

Also, I don't think a *vinyl* version, original or reissue, of "Shot Of Love" exists that has "Groom".



You seem fond of the dogmatic "No, it wasn't", "No, you are wrong and I am right" format. Ever thought of maturing a little?

In any case, this was, undeniably, a Dylan album that, in its original canonical form (i.e. vinyl), lacked a track which was later added to the standard edition (i.e. CD) of that album.

Author:  TOOM [ Wed August 23rd, 2017, 13:34 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Time Out Of Mind 20th Anniversary Edition

Am I the only one that cares about the actual subject of a TOOM 20th Anniversary Edition.

But I will say that I'm amazed that Shot of Love became the focal point. Usually it's the L&T divide that rears its head.

Author:  Handsomeinthefog [ Wed August 23rd, 2017, 18:49 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Time Out Of Mind 20th Anniversary Edition

FieldingMellish wrote:
You seem fond of the dogmatic "No, it wasn't", "No, you are wrong and I am right" format. Ever thought of maturing a little?

In any case, this was, undeniably, a Dylan album that, in its original canonical form (i.e. vinyl), lacked a track which was later added to the standard edition (i.e. CD) of that album.


I didn't mean to offend (and English is not my first language either). Maybe you are right from your side and I am right from mine.

Like I tried to explain, the cassette version of "Shot Of Love" always had "Groom", and no version of "TOOM" that I know of (please correct me) had any other than the eleven original tracks so far. Therefore it would be hugely surprising if this Anniversary Edition had anything but those 11 songs, while it's less surprising that the "Shot Of Love" CD has "Groom".

Author:  FieldingMellish [ Wed August 23rd, 2017, 19:32 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Time Out Of Mind 20th Anniversary Edition

Handsomeinthefog wrote:
FieldingMellish wrote:
You seem fond of the dogmatic "No, it wasn't", "No, you are wrong and I am right" format. Ever thought of maturing a little?

In any case, this was, undeniably, a Dylan album that, in its original canonical form (i.e. vinyl), lacked a track which was later added to the standard edition (i.e. CD) of that album.


I didn't mean to offend (and English is not my first language either). Maybe you are right from your side and I am right from mine.

Like I tried to explain, the cassette version of "Shot Of Love" always had "Groom", and no version of "TOOM" that I know of (please correct me) had any other than the eleven original tracks so far. Therefore it would be hugely surprising if this Anniversary Edition had anything but those 11 songs, while it's less surprising that the "Shot Of Love" CD has "Groom".



Fair enough. And I agree totally that an altered track-listing for the Anniversary Edition of TOOM would be highly unlikely. I do wish we could have some sort of 'TOOM Naked' version of the album, with as much of the Lanois swampy syrup stripped away, but again this seems an unlikely prospect.

Author:  MrJudasPriest [ Wed August 23rd, 2017, 21:29 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Time Out Of Mind 20th Anniversary Edition

Is the version on display in Tulsa a "naked" production as you term it? Would love to hear that.

Author:  My Echo, My Shadow And Me [ Tue August 29th, 2017, 19:14 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Time Out Of Mind 20th Anniversary Edition

MrJudasPriest wrote:
Is the version on display in Tulsa a "naked" production as you term it? Would love to hear that.


http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... n-20160303
March 3, 2016

"Chaiken has only begun to dip into the hundreds of hours of raw Dylan recording sessions, but he's already come across a completely different version of 1997's Time Out of Mind produced by pianist Jim Dickinson [update: Dickinson denies such a thing exists](...)"

Author:  slimtimslide [ Wed August 30th, 2017, 09:25 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Time Out Of Mind 20th Anniversary Edition

My Echo, My Shadow And Me wrote:
MrJudasPriest wrote:
Is the version on display in Tulsa a "naked" production as you term it? Would love to hear that.


http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... n-20160303
March 3, 2016

"Chaiken has only begun to dip into the hundreds of hours of raw Dylan recording sessions, but he's already come across a completely different version of 1997's Time Out of Mind produced by pianist Jim Dickinson [update: Dickinson denies such a thing exists](...)"


Mmmm - the Rolling Stone article is dated 2016, but Jim Dickinson died in 2009 - how did he make this denial, by ouija board?

Author:  My Echo, My Shadow And Me [ Thu September 7th, 2017, 07:36 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Time Out Of Mind 20th Anniversary Edition

It seems the third disc is a 7" single with the remix version of Love Sick.

Author:  Nightingale's Code [ Thu September 7th, 2017, 07:52 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Time Out Of Mind 20th Anniversary Edition

Damn. That's kind of disappointing, but par for the course I guess.

Author:  wormington [ Thu September 7th, 2017, 09:44 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Time Out Of Mind 20th Anniversary Edition

My Echo, My Shadow And Me wrote:
It seems the third disc is a 7" single with the remix version of Love Sick.

Has this remix been released before?

Author:  My Echo, My Shadow And Me [ Thu September 7th, 2017, 11:21 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Time Out Of Mind 20th Anniversary Edition

My guess is that it's the 2004 remix from the Victoria's Secret CD, which was also released as part of an iTunes rarities collection.

I actually think it's cool that Dylan's albums were never released with "bonus" tracks and that the addition of a separate 7" disc for the 20th anniversary edition of TOOM again does not change the album itself. Dylan's albums do not need bonus tracks. Does a Picasso need a "bonus painting"?

Author:  Voice With Restraint [ Thu September 7th, 2017, 11:21 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Time Out Of Mind 20th Anniversary Edition

wormington wrote:
My Echo, My Shadow And Me wrote:
It seems the third disc is a 7" single with the remix version of Love Sick.

Has this remix been released before?


Yes, on the Victoria's Secret cd

Author:  McG [ Thu September 7th, 2017, 11:29 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Time Out Of Mind 20th Anniversary Edition

My Echo, My Shadow And Me wrote:
My guess is that it's the 2004 remix from the Victoria's Secret CD, which was also released as part of an iTunes rarities collection.

I actually think it's cool that Dylan's albums were never released with "bonus" tracks and that the addition of a separate 7" disc for the 20th anniversary edition of TOOM again does not change the album itself. Dylan's albums do not need bonus tracks. Does a Picasso need a "bonus painting"?



He did 58 of Las Meninas.

Author:  wormington [ Thu September 7th, 2017, 11:56 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Time Out Of Mind 20th Anniversary Edition

Voice With Restraint wrote:
Yes, on the Victoria's Secret cd

:shock: Pardon me? Victoria secret you said? Never would have thought I would see Dylan and Victoria secret connected in any possible way...

Author:  Senyor Timbaler [ Thu September 7th, 2017, 12:00 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Time Out Of Mind 20th Anniversary Edition

:arrow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ACmqv3w_2M

Author:  McG [ Thu September 7th, 2017, 12:22 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Time Out Of Mind 20th Anniversary Edition

Senyor Timbaler wrote:



Scarier than the new It remake.

Author:  wormington [ Thu September 7th, 2017, 13:42 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Time Out Of Mind 20th Anniversary Edition

It´s a strange world we live in.

Anyway, if doing this got Bob to spend a day or two next to those hotties I guess we can´t blame him

Author:  My Echo, My Shadow And Me [ Thu September 7th, 2017, 15:13 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Time Out Of Mind 20th Anniversary Edition

wormington wrote:
Voice With Restraint wrote:
Yes, on the Victoria's Secret cd

:shock: Pardon me? Victoria secret you said? Never would have thought I would see Dylan and Victoria secret connected in any possible way...


Two words: Adriana Lima.

Author:  My Echo, My Shadow And Me [ Thu September 7th, 2017, 15:15 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Time Out Of Mind 20th Anniversary Edition

McG wrote:
My Echo, My Shadow And Me wrote:
My guess is that it's the 2004 remix from the Victoria's Secret CD, which was also released as part of an iTunes rarities collection.

I actually think it's cool that Dylan's albums were never released with "bonus" tracks and that the addition of a separate 7" disc for the 20th anniversary edition of TOOM again does not change the album itself. Dylan's albums do not need bonus tracks. Does a Picasso need a "bonus painting"?



He did 58 of Las Meninas.


But he didn't throw in a Minotaur or Bullfighting Scene as a "bonus" to peddle the Meninas to the masses. ;-)

Author:  Johanna Parker [ Fri September 8th, 2017, 08:17 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Time Out Of Mind 20th Anniversary Edition

Voice With Restraint wrote:
wormington wrote:
Has this remix been released before?


Yes, on the Victoria's Secret cd


Do we know it is in fact that same remix?

Author:  yopietro [ Fri September 8th, 2017, 17:07 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Time Out Of Mind 20th Anniversary Edition

McG wrote:
Senyor Timbaler wrote:



Scarier than the new It remake.


Supposedly, Bob Dylan was the producers' first choice to play the killer clown in the It reboot. Imagine the sheer terrifying potential! But Dylan's financial demands were exorbitant and his insistence on jet black dye for the costume's wig proved to be the dealbreaker.

Author:  My Echo, My Shadow And Me [ Fri September 8th, 2017, 19:26 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Time Out Of Mind 20th Anniversary Edition

Johanna Parker wrote:
Do we know it is in fact that same remix?


No, we do not know for sure at this point. But since there is a remix of "Love Sick" that has not had a "proper" release (it was available only on the Victoria's Secret CD and an iTunes rarities collection), chances are the 7" will include that very remix.

Page 2 of 3 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/