Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Fri December 15th, 2017, 02:46 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu August 3rd, 2017, 13:09 GMT 
Titanium Member

We've all seen the 1986 interview with Dylan where he doesn't really talk about Hearts Afire, the film he's promoting. Instead he sketches the journalist with a pen and talks about a wide range of other topics.

Anyone know what pen he's using? Weird question I know, it's for a friend.

PostPosted: Thu August 3rd, 2017, 15:35 GMT 

I think Billy Parker is using a Parker marker. :lol:

Excuse the joke, I'm talking seriously. I'm not able to find any picture of this kind of Parker markers, but I remember quite well this kind of markers. I'm pretty sure they are still available, probably with some shape changes but the same kind of marker.

Last edited by Senyor Timbaler on Thu August 3rd, 2017, 15:38 GMT, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu August 3rd, 2017, 15:36 GMT 

Forget the pen, I'm more concerned about the paper. Does anyone know what brand of paper he was using?

On a serious note - I wonder what happened to the drawing. It must be framed on the guy's wall.

Just imagine - you go to interview Bob Dylan. He's a total pain in the butt throughout the interview, more concerned with drawing something. Then you leave with a piece of original art, a picture that Bob Dylan drew of YOU, and the whole thing is caught on video. What an amazing gift.

(I hope the guy left with the picture - it's been a long time since I saw the video)

PostPosted: Thu August 3rd, 2017, 17:08 GMT 

Senyor Timbaler wrote:

Excuse the joke, I'm talking seriously. I'm not able to find any picture of this kind of Parker markers, but I remember quite well this kind of markers. I'm pretty sure they are still available, probably with some shape changes but the same kind of marker.

I was mistaken. The markers I remember were not Parker, were cheaper markers, Paper Mate. The marker he is using seems to be something similar to a "Paper Mate" like this:

PostPosted: Fri August 4th, 2017, 18:14 GMT 
Titanium Member

Senyor Timbaler wrote:
Senyor Timbaler wrote:

I was mistaken. The markers I remember were not Parker, were cheaper markers, Paper Mate. The marker he is using seems to be something similar to a "Paper Mate" like this:

Picked these up today. I don't think they're it.

PostPosted: Fri August 4th, 2017, 20:41 GMT 

I'm sorry my friend, at first glance I saw a lot of resemblance.

Have you tried to ask about the pen/marker you are looking for in some cartoonists forum or something similar?

Maybe it could be helpful to ask to some pen collector. There are collectors of almost everything.... Or you can try to find 80's brochures of pen manufacturers... Well, I don't know. I hope you can find the pen.

Here there are a lot of catalogues https://www.pencollectorsofamerica.com