Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Sat December 16th, 2017, 01:42 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PostPosted: Thu August 10th, 2017, 12:27 GMT 

If someone was able to catch the "original post", video, screenshot or something like that... I know the most interesting thing is the audio, I'm not asking about the audio, I don't need the audio, but if anyone know about this other things, I'd really appreciate it, just for satisfy my great curiosity.

PostPosted: Thu August 10th, 2017, 16:39 GMT 

Being that the MusicCares thread was just removed, methinks it is a moderator here that is in touch with Dylan Inc/Rosen about taking down both the MusicCares speech from youtube, eliminating those links too. It makes sense then how quickly links have been shut down through the years once someone posts unmonetized Dylan content here (like the recent '65 shows as another example). Someone at ER notifies Dylan's people.

PostPosted: Thu August 10th, 2017, 16:47 GMT 
Mercury Member

Do you think it just might be possible that someone from the office is someone here???? :? I don't remember getting asked if I work for Bob when I signed up. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu August 10th, 2017, 17:10 GMT 

yopietro wrote:
Being that the MusicCares thread was just removed, methinks it is a moderator here that is in touch with Dylan Inc/Rosen about taking down both the MusicCares speech from youtube, eliminating those links too. It makes sense then how quickly links have been shut down through the years once someone posts unmonetized Dylan content here (like the recent '65 shows as another example). Someone at ER notifies Dylan's people.

Probably more likely is that the forum is self-policing - so as to avoid confrontations with Dylan, Inc.

PostPosted: Thu August 10th, 2017, 17:11 GMT 

yopietro wrote:

You don't even need to register to read the General Discussion forum. As for the thread in Rare recordings forum, all links except BigO still work. The BigO magazine is a well known source so links being removed there may or may not have anything to do with ER.
That said, I would be surprised if there is no insider on ER :)

PostPosted: Thu August 10th, 2017, 17:20 GMT 

I would guess that the straw that broke the other thread's back was when direct links to download the speech were posted in the open. For such an item that is obviously being targeted by the rights-holder - it should not be posted in the open on Expecting Rain. We are better off preserving our forum than attracting unwanted attention.

PostPosted: Thu August 10th, 2017, 17:25 GMT 

kuddukan wrote:
I would guess that the straw that broke the other thread's back was when direct links to download the speech were posted in the open. For such an item that is obviously being targeted by the rights-holder - it should not be posted in the open on Expecting Rain. We are better off preserving our forum than attracting unwanted attention.

Well sorry, I thought that they might just need to delete the particular offending post.

PostPosted: Thu August 10th, 2017, 19:45 GMT 

yopietro wrote:

I sense an upcoming Scorsese thriller!

PostPosted: Thu August 10th, 2017, 20:23 GMT 

If theres one thing I hate its a snitch :evil:

PostPosted: Fri August 11th, 2017, 02:44 GMT 

People who've seen the MusicCares video don't even have a thread to discuss it in now. A very militant move by the mod squad.

PostPosted: Fri August 11th, 2017, 05:33 GMT 

yopietro wrote:
People who've seen the MusicCares video don't even have a thread to discuss it in now. A very militant move by the mod squad.
Interesting. Glad I got through most of pt. 1 at least.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5