Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Sat April 21st, 2018, 19:19 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed July 3rd, 2013, 12:14 GMT 
Titanium Member

I've dreamed about Bob before, but I suppose it was never as vivid as this one.

I dreamed I saw Bob play at a very small elementary school gymnasium. The set list was standard, I can't even tell who was playing, except the band was softer and behind a dais. I even believe there was a synth that Bob was playing.

Anyway, the show started late for whatever reason and the emcee told us there was only five minutes left and Bob was taking requests. However, we had to all line up old fashioned, single file, whisper the song titles in the ear of this kid that I went to school with. The kids name was Peter and for some reason he never grew over four feet tall, I suppose he fits Dylan's world. I whispered Gates of Eden/Chimes of Freedom, to play it safe. The funniest thing about this act was the time it took to do this, well over five minutes.

When everyone was done, we gathered back in the gym and the emcee, who was fairly burly and had a no nonsense attitude, stated Bob had made his choice. He quickly kicked Into a subdued, electronic Tweeter and the Monkey Man, that sounded a bit like High Water. I couldn't believe it! Was this a response to Tom Petty's recent shows? Boy, does the rough voice work for this song. I assumed Bob was looking the lyrics up through his Internet connection and he kicked into a DJ vinyl scratching solo before finishing with the phrase "High Water Everywhere!!!" I could not understand the connection Dylan made, but I was glad I was taping everything through my usual set up.

He did not sing the whole thing and when the lights went out he grabbed a can of Mountain Dew out of a beverage refrigerator placed strategically behind the the dais. And then I woke up.

PostPosted: Wed July 3rd, 2013, 13:10 GMT 
Promethium Member

I once dreamt I was with him.

PostPosted: Wed July 3rd, 2013, 13:46 GMT 
Senior Moderator

I thought you were gonna tell us you dreamt you saw Duke tell Bob to F*ck off from the stage.

PostPosted: Wed July 3rd, 2013, 23:57 GMT 
Promethium Member

BostonAreaBobFan wrote:
I thought you were gonna tell us you dreamt you saw Duke tell Bob to F*ck off from the stage.

lol no

PostPosted: Sat April 14th, 2018, 00:45 GMT 

I dreamt that I was told by some shadowy Bob Dylan employee that I needed to be in Seattle asap, to do something connected with something connected with Bob Dylan. It was all very vague. This person gave me an airline ticket for Seattle. It was for a seat with a brand new airline, so I though I'd just go along even though I thought the whole thing sounded a bit daft.

The plane was one of those Boeing 787 Dreamliners. A wide bodied plane. It was advertised as being piloted by the Austrian actor, Klaus Maria Brandauer, on his inaugural commercial flight. My seat number was 36B.

When I got on the plane I couldn't find my seat. The plane was carpeted in deep pile multi-coloured carpet from floor to ceiling. Also many of the passengers were in big family groups; grannies, mammies, daddies, babes under foot, they had picnics and luggage opened out on the aisles. It was really chaotic.

I was standing near the front of the plane when it suddenly took off. I said to the air hostess 'Should I not be in a seat?'. She said we'll find your seat soon. Then I really needed to find the loo but there were no signs for any toilets. Out of nowhere Bob Dylan appeared in his sunglasses and said 'Don't worry Klaus Maria is a really good pilot and I'm keeping a good eye on him up there'. He showed me where the toilets were. They were down a stairs.

When I went down the stairs I noticed that the walls of the plane were made out if a very thick dense metal, like fishing boats are made from. I came back upstairs and said to Bob Dylan, 'This plane is way too heavy'. He was about to answer when Joan Baez came along and Bob Dylan wandered off muttering to himself.

I never got a chance to talk to Joan Baez because the steward came running saying 'Into your seats now everybody, Klaus Maria wants to do his Acrobatics now we're over Quebec'. Thus big heavy plane started doing loop-the-loops, roll overs, flying low between buildings and under bridges. I said to the man sitting beside me, 'This isn't safe'. He said 'I happen to know this airline is already financially bust and that Klaus Maria is a real show-off and....'

He didn't get a chance to finish because the roof of the plane suddenly rolled right back to expose us all to the air outside. Then Klaus Maria tried to fly vertically straight up over a high bridge, while we were all dangling from our seats over Quebec City. I said to the man beside me 'I hope I am strong enough to keep holding onto this seat, this belt isn't keeping me strapped in'. He said 'This is the weirdest airline I ever flew with'.

There were suitcases, picnics, grannies and babies falling out of the plane. But I wasn't worried at all. A voice came over the intercom saying 'You are all really in for a treat, this is the sight seeing trip of a lifetime provided for you by Mr Bob Dylan and Mr Klaus Maria Brandauer. Hands together now, give these gentlemen a round of applause'.

I thought, well if I clap the two gentlemen I'm just going to fall to my death, so I'm gonna sit this round of applause out. It wasn't an anxiety dream, I was quite relaxed dangling upside down over Canada.

Then that was the end because I woke up. I was dangling a bit over the edge of the bed by then.....

PostPosted: Sat April 14th, 2018, 07:07 GMT 

thanks for sharing Goodnitesteve very picture-idk. Lovely !

And Girlswontleavemealone :lol: :lol: :lol:
Great reading!
once I dreamed like that so detailed, nowadays I don't remember the dreams when I wake up, just gotta feeling
So its great you write them down.

I wonder what it all means 8)

PostPosted: Sat April 14th, 2018, 12:16 GMT 

I've had a couple of dreams recently where I was chatting with Bob.
The most recent one he was in my front room (and I was working on my woodburner) and I was asking him about the Musicares speech and I also asked him if he had heard of ER and he said
'Yes, lets go online now cos that McG wants his backside kicking' !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

moab