Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Fri December 15th, 2017, 08:04 GMT

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Bob's wristwatch
PostPosted: Tue September 19th, 2017, 23:23 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat January 1st, 2011, 20:57 GMT
Posts: 6744
Location: Out in the West Texas town of El Paso
I know Bob has his own wristwatch model, goes for about $1400, but I was wondering if he was ever photographed or documented wearing a particular piece of a wristwatch? Rolex, Sieko, Timex? I want to know!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bob's wristwatch
PostPosted: Wed September 20th, 2017, 11:11 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Fri July 29th, 2011, 07:01 GMT
Posts: 26
He wore a silver Omega Seamaster during Rolling Thunder. I have one just like it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bob's wristwatch
PostPosted: Wed September 20th, 2017, 11:47 GMT 

Joined: Wed November 20th, 2013, 09:18 GMT
Posts: 179
He has a room in his house with filled with casio's, they are all along his watchtower.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bob's wristwatch
PostPosted: Wed September 20th, 2017, 11:50 GMT 

Joined: Fri January 5th, 2007, 23:38 GMT
Posts: 1927
Location: Ireland
the_hurricane wrote:
He has a room in his house with filled with casio's, they are all along his watchtower.


People have been shot for less :wink:.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bob's wristwatch
PostPosted: Fri September 22nd, 2017, 03:44 GMT 

Joined: Fri June 2nd, 2006, 16:33 GMT
Posts: 259
Bob actually gave a sermon about his watch during the San Diego '79 show--he seemed to be talking to some guy in the sixth row:

Quote:
This watch I got here was first purchased by your great-grandfather during the first World War. It was bought in a little general store in Knoxville, Tennessee. Made by the first company to ever make wrist watches. Up till then people just carried pocket watches. It was bought by private Doughboy Erine Coolidge on the day he set sail for Paris. It was your great-grandfather's war watch and he wore it everyday he was in that war. When he had done his duty, he went home to your great-grandmother, took the watch off, put it an old coffee can, and in that can it stayed 'til your granddad Dane Coolidge was called upon by his country to go overseas and fight the Germans once again. This time they called it World War II. Your great-grandfather gave this watch to your granddad for good luck. Unfortunately, Dane's luck wasn't as good as his old man's. Dane was a Marine and he was killed -- along with the other Marines at the battle of Wake Island. Your granddad was facing death, he knew it. None of those boys had any illusions about ever leavin' that island alive. So three days before the Japanese took the island, your granddad asked a gunner on an Air Force transport name of Winocki, a man he had never met before in his life, to deliver to his infant son, who he'd never seen in the flesh, his gold watch. Three days later, your granddad was dead. But Winocki kept his word. After the war was over, he paid a visit to your grandmother, delivering to your infant father, his Dad's gold watch. This watch. (holds it up, long pause) This watch was on your Daddy's wrist when he was shot down over Hanoi. He was captured, put in a Vietnamese prison camp. He knew if the gooks ever saw the watch it'd be confiscated, taken away. The way your Dad looked at it, that watch was your birthright. He'd be damned if any slopes were gonna put their greasy yella hands on his boy's birthright. So he hid it in the one place he knew he could hide something. His ass. Five long years, he wore this watch up his ass. Then he died of dysentery, he gave me the watch. I hid this uncomfortable hunk of metal up my ass two years. Then, after seven years, I was sent home to my family. And now, little man, I give the watch to you.


I wonder if this sermon is going to be cut off the bonus disc that comes with the deluxe version of BS13 from BD.com?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bob's wristwatch
PostPosted: Fri September 22nd, 2017, 18:09 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Tue July 1st, 2014, 19:16 GMT
Posts: 4160
Location: Beyond The Horizon.
Attachment:
Oris Dylan watch.jpg



All your's for around $1,400 bucks!!!!

The timepiece, not Bob obviously.


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bob's wristwatch
PostPosted: Fri September 22nd, 2017, 21:06 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat January 1st, 2011, 20:57 GMT
Posts: 6744
Location: Out in the West Texas town of El Paso
josemesa wrote:
Bob actually gave a sermon about his watch during the San Diego '79 show--he seemed to be talking to some guy in the sixth row:

Quote:
This watch I got here was first purchased by your great-grandfather during the first World War. It was bought in a little general store in Knoxville, Tennessee. Made by the first company to ever make wrist watches. Up till then people just carried pocket watches. It was bought by private Doughboy Erine Coolidge on the day he set sail for Paris. It was your great-grandfather's war watch and he wore it everyday he was in that war. When he had done his duty, he went home to your great-grandmother, took the watch off, put it an old coffee can, and in that can it stayed 'til your granddad Dane Coolidge was called upon by his country to go overseas and fight the Germans once again. This time they called it World War II. Your great-grandfather gave this watch to your granddad for good luck. Unfortunately, Dane's luck wasn't as good as his old man's. Dane was a Marine and he was killed -- along with the other Marines at the battle of Wake Island. Your granddad was facing death, he knew it. None of those boys had any illusions about ever leavin' that island alive. So three days before the Japanese took the island, your granddad asked a gunner on an Air Force transport name of Winocki, a man he had never met before in his life, to deliver to his infant son, who he'd never seen in the flesh, his gold watch. Three days later, your granddad was dead. But Winocki kept his word. After the war was over, he paid a visit to your grandmother, delivering to your infant father, his Dad's gold watch. This watch. (holds it up, long pause) This watch was on your Daddy's wrist when he was shot down over Hanoi. He was captured, put in a Vietnamese prison camp. He knew if the gooks ever saw the watch it'd be confiscated, taken away. The way your Dad looked at it, that watch was your birthright. He'd be damned if any slopes were gonna put their greasy yella hands on his boy's birthright. So he hid it in the one place he knew he could hide something. His ass. Five long years, he wore this watch up his ass. Then he died of dysentery, he gave me the watch. I hid this uncomfortable hunk of metal up my ass two years. Then, after seven years, I was sent home to my family. And now, little man, I give the watch to you.


I wonder if this sermon is going to be cut off the bonus disc that comes with the deluxe version of BS13 from BD.com?


Did pulp Fiction rip off Bob Dylan?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bob's wristwatch
PostPosted: Sat September 23rd, 2017, 22:30 GMT 

Joined: Fri June 2nd, 2006, 16:33 GMT
Posts: 259
goodnitesteve wrote:

Did pulp Fiction rip off Bob Dylan?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Y'know, the "Love and Theft" runs in both directions.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], harlaston


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group