Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Thu November 23rd, 2017, 07:42 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Fri June 30th, 2017, 18:49 GMT 

The pre-release publicity for Triplicate announced it as Bob Dylan's first triple album. Based on no evidence at all, I confidently predict that this was a promo video shoot for Dylan's second triple album, this time of all-original (or, at least, "original") material. Perfectly plausible, right?

PostPosted: Fri June 30th, 2017, 19:55 GMT 

Dont forget christmas in the heart was advertised as Bobs first christmas album and weve never had another one!

PostPosted: Fri June 30th, 2017, 21:29 GMT 

Desolation Row wrote:
Dont forget christmas in the heart was advertised as Bobs first christmas album and weve never had another one!

That's probably what he was recording then.

PostPosted: Fri June 30th, 2017, 21:45 GMT 

20yearsofschooling wrote:
The pre-release publicity for Triplicate announced it as Bob Dylan's first triple album. Based on no evidence at all, I confidently predict that this was a promo video shoot for Dylan's second triple album, this time of all-original (or, at least, "original") material. Perfectly plausible, right?

This doesn't suggest to me that Bob will bring out another triple album. It just states that it's his first triple album.
I think something else is afoot, but what ? :shock:

moab

PostPosted: Fri June 30th, 2017, 22:52 GMT 

Handsomeinthefog wrote:
Interesting info, thanks.

- considering this, when's the last time an album of his did not come from one single session? (Nothing post 1988 comes to mind?)

Under the Red Sky was recorded in two different studios over several months, before and after the so-called "Fastbreak Tour".
Time Out Of Mind was recorded over two different set of sessions, separated by a tour. First, the October 1996 sessions in Oxnard, California, then the January 1997 sessions in Miami.

PostPosted: Fri June 30th, 2017, 22:55 GMT 

mjmooney wrote:
Desolation Row wrote:

That's probably what he was recording then.

OK, so we're all agreed then. This was a promo shoot for Bob Dylan's sequel to both Triplicate and CITH. "Christmas in the Heart: Triple Bypass" - comprised of 30 all-new Xmas songs . When can we pre-order?

PostPosted: Sat July 1st, 2017, 04:58 GMT 
Promethium Member

Please. No trolling.

PostPosted: Sat July 1st, 2017, 05:07 GMT 

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
Please. No trolling.

PostPosted: Sat July 1st, 2017, 05:48 GMT 
Promethium Member

Excellent!

PostPosted: Sun July 2nd, 2017, 08:49 GMT 
Promethium Member

MrJudasPriest wrote:
Wonder did they hatch the new Summer Days at these sessions? There hasn't been anything else radically changed that I'm aware of this leg (Stu's noodle aside). Again, hard to see rehearsals for live shows being the answer.

Was wondrin' the same thing, Priest.
Man, I love that new Summer Days infusion!

PostPosted: Mon July 3rd, 2017, 07:40 GMT 

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
MrJudasPriest wrote:
Wonder did they hatch the new Summer Days at these sessions? There hasn't been anything else radically changed that I'm aware of this leg (Stu's noodle aside). Again, hard to see rehearsals for live shows being the answer.

Was wondrin' the same thing, Priest.
Man, I love that new Summer Days infusion!

For all we know they usually take a couple of days *before* every tour leg to warm up and work up new things, if needed. One location for such rehersals that has been mentioned in the past is the Capitol in Port Chester, and with the new tour starting there, that's most likely where they rehearsed. To rehearse after a tour makes very little sense. Also, why would they need to fly in extra people for a tour rehearsal? And wouldn't a rehearsal be the last thing Dylan would want to have filmed? Must be somthing else.

PostPosted: Mon July 3rd, 2017, 07:55 GMT 

After reading all the insightful opinions and carefully pondering the evidence from the only witness we have, my natural conclusion is that Bob is preparing the 14th volume of the bootleg series, which will be all around the I´m cold sessions. These will include 17 demos recorded at his home studio in 1977 taken from his personal tapes, an alternative full version of those songs with Stephen Stills joining him on acoustic guitar recorded one night over a bottle of Jack Daniels, donated by Stephen from his personal archive, plus the Street legal piano demos.

The new videos recently recorded in Ireland are newly recorded versions of all those songs with different arrangements, that will feature on a complementary DVD for the deluxe version.

Super deluxe version will contain a 3 page poem dedicated to me.

Yes.

PostPosted: Mon July 3rd, 2017, 11:27 GMT 
Titanium Member

wormington wrote:
After reading all the insightful opinions and carefully pondering the evidence from the only witness we have, my natural conclusion is that Bob is preparing the 14th volume of the bootleg series, which will be all around the I´m cold sessions. These will include 17 demos recorded at his home studio in 1977 taken from his personal tapes, an alternative full version of those songs with Stephen Stills joining him on acoustic guitar recorded one night over a bottle of Jack Daniels, donated by Stephen from his personal archive, plus the Street legal piano demos.

The new videos recently recorded in Ireland are newly recorded versions of all those songs with different arrangements, that will feature on a complementary DVD for the deluxe version.

Yes.

This is indeed the only logical explanation.

But an aside on that Stephen Stills rumor - it's often misinterpreted on these boards. For the record, what happened, according to Stills, was that Bob dropped into the hotel after one show and insisted he played Stills some new songs, which would become Blood on the Tracks. Bob played Stills just about the whole of BOTT, but Stills was so messed up that he told Bob that they all sounded the same and were boring. Bob was offended, and Stills now regrets it.

PostPosted: Mon July 3rd, 2017, 11:34 GMT 

gibsona07 wrote:
wormington wrote:

Yes.

This is indeed the only logical explanation.

But an aside on that Stephen Stills rumor - it's often misinterpreted on these boards. For the record, what happened, according to Stills, was that Bob dropped into the hotel after one show and insisted he played Stills some new songs, which would become Blood on the Tracks. Bob played Stills just about the whole of BOTT, but Stills was so messed up that he told Bob that they all sounded the same and were boring. Bob was offended, and Stills now regrets it.

I have never heard of Stills playing together with Bob around this time, but one can dream, Gibsona!!

PostPosted: Mon July 3rd, 2017, 13:16 GMT 

gibsona07 wrote:
Bob played Stills just about the whole of BOTT, but Stills was so messed up that he told Bob that they all sounded the same and were boring. Bob was offended, and Stills now regrets it.

If I recall, Ratso heard the same complaint from Mike Bloomfield, who was also played several BoTT songs.

PostPosted: Mon July 3rd, 2017, 13:29 GMT 

20yearsofschooling wrote:
OK, so we're all agreed then. This was a promo shoot for Bob Dylan's sequel to both Triplicate and CITH. "Christmas in the Heart: Triple Bypass" - comprised of 30 all-new Xmas songs . When can we pre-order?

Count me in

PostPosted: Tue July 4th, 2017, 01:37 GMT 

monklover wrote:
gibsona07 wrote:
Bob played Stills just about the whole of BOTT, but Stills was so messed up that he told Bob that they all sounded the same and were boring. Bob was offended, and Stills now regrets it.

If I recall, Ratso heard the same complaint from Mike Bloomfield, who was also played several BoTT songs.

Yep, that was Bloomfield, not Stills.

http://www.daysofthecrazy-wild.com/mich ... hrough-it/

PostPosted: Tue July 4th, 2017, 05:02 GMT 
Promethium Member

Quote:
Great Quotations: Stephen Stills Disses Bob Dylan
During CSNY’s groundbreaking 1974 tour, Bob Dylan stopped by the band’s hotel and sat down with Stephen Stills and bassist Tim Drummond.

“He played us all the songs from Blood on the Tracks on acoustic guitar. We were on twin beds, across from each other. Oh God, I can’t tell you how great it was. At one point Stephen said something to him about the songs not being good. I was so Goddamn embarrassed. He was probably coked out. Dylan, being the arrogant man that he was said, ‘Well, Stephen, play me one of your songs.’ That was the end of it. Stephen couldn’t even find one string from another at that point.”

— Tim Drummond

https://americansongwriter.com/2014/06/ ... bob-dylan/

Meanwhile, a Rolling Stone article has Tim Drummond saying only this:
Quote:
Later that night–in fact, early the next morning–Dylan pops up again, into a 15th-floor suite of beautiful Midwestern women and weary rock & roll tourists. He talks briefly to Stills, eyes three guitars on the floor, picks up one and herds Stills into an adjacent room for a session of new Bob Dylan songs. The only other member of the audience, through the two-hour show, is bassist Tim Drummond. "Aw, x!" Drummond laughs the next afternoon. He is staying behind while the tour moves immediately into Denver to allow Crosby, Stills and Nash to catch the Eric Clapton show. "Dylan's got an album," says Drummond. "It's great and it's completely different from Planet Waves. It's gutsy, bluesy, so authentic. I heard eight or nine songs and it's the first time I've sat in a room and liked everything I've heard."

and apparently Stills said this...
Quote:
The next afternoon–late the next afternoon–getting ready to leave for Denver, Stills tries to keep his eyes open long enough to look into mine, forms a smile, then laughs: "Bob sang all these great new songs and then he turned the guitar over to me and asked me to sing him a new one, and I was so wasted I couldn't remember the words!" Stills is genuinely amused. "Hey, all that stuff last night. I hope you disregard it."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/featu ... g-19740829

For what it's worth pun, of course, intended)...NOW, back to the Ardmore rumor!

PostPosted: Tue July 4th, 2017, 11:46 GMT 

They heard them, Joan Baez heard them, T-Bone Burnette and S. Soles, they all heard them too.

Now did any of these idiots press the record button, that is the question... :?

PostPosted: Tue July 4th, 2017, 16:22 GMT 

https://www.bobdylanisis.com/access-all-areas-blog/

Isis magazine confirmed Dylan's extra days on Dublin and studio recording rumor.

This is all very exciting. Wouldn't it be great if Dylan finally re-recorded some of his songs (a la Masked & anonymous) for a new fall LP?

He mentioned wanting to do this way back in 2001 or so when he talked about re-recordings some of his early songs.

PostPosted: Tue July 4th, 2017, 16:51 GMT 
Titanium Member

I reckon Isis' source is this thread though...

PostPosted: Tue July 4th, 2017, 17:45 GMT 

gibsona07 wrote:
I reckon Isis' source is this thread though...

The details sounded almost exactly like this thread.
But, I wouldn't have thought ISIS would use an ER thread as a source?

PostPosted: Tue July 4th, 2017, 17:54 GMT 

workingmanblues wrote:
This is all very exciting. Wouldn't it be great if Dylan finally re-recorded some of his songs (a la Masked & anonymous) for a new fall LP?

NO

PostPosted: Tue July 4th, 2017, 18:14 GMT 

You guys think were on some government watch list for clicking on Isis magazine?

PostPosted: Tue July 4th, 2017, 18:19 GMT 

McG wrote:
workingmanblues wrote:

NO

Yes!

See I'll Remember You, Cold Irons Bound, Down In the Flood --- all excellent re-recordings from M&A.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next