Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Mon December 11th, 2017, 11:36 GMT

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed July 19th, 2017, 15:02 GMT 

Joined: Mon April 6th, 2009, 20:28 GMT
Posts: 1026
Location: I was there for a party once
PS
I didn't buy any fermented beans today. In fact, I don't think I ever will.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed July 19th, 2017, 15:12 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri July 15th, 2011, 02:23 GMT
Posts: 21388
Foggy wrote:
Jeeze. This is like a time-loop, with the same few people constantly re-reminding themselves in triplicate they haven't purchased Triplicate. We get it already, in triplicate.

Yer absolutely correct!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu July 20th, 2017, 00:54 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Mon September 6th, 2010, 08:12 GMT
Posts: 573
Foggy wrote:
PS
I didn't buy any fermented beans today. In fact, I don't think I ever will.


Fermented beans, natto in Japanese. My wife loves them, almost as much as she loves Triplicate


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri July 21st, 2017, 20:11 GMT 

Joined: Thu July 31st, 2008, 17:59 GMT
Posts: 51
I'm wondering if I should start the "I'm not sure why I bought Triplicate" topic. You know, for people who bought it but aren't quite sure why. Was it loyalty, force of habit, curiosity, enjoyment, muscle memory, accident, intoxication--who knows? I'm sure if we could hash this out endlessly with no clear resolution for years to come.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri July 21st, 2017, 21:29 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Fri April 29th, 2016, 01:44 GMT
Posts: 852
Location: Heck
carrma wrote:
I'm wondering if I should start the "I'm not sure why I bought Triplicate" topic. You know, for people who bought it but aren't quite sure why. Was it loyalty, force of habit, curiosity, enjoyment, muscle memory, accident, intoxication--who knows? I'm sure if we could hash this out endlessly with no clear resolution for years to come.


Because it was a good album


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed August 9th, 2017, 20:36 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Thu September 17th, 2015, 01:28 GMT
Posts: 608
I never thought I'd say this

but

Triplicate > Shadows > Fallen Angels

It could just be the weather or my unrequited love, but Triplicate is my most enjoyed and played Dylan album at the moment, besides the NY Blood on the Tracks tapes.

This isn't just short-lived new album love either; I started fairly negative toward the album, but it's really grown on me.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon August 14th, 2017, 01:07 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue February 17th, 2009, 02:57 GMT
Posts: 6236
I ain't bought it. Just 'cause.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon August 14th, 2017, 01:16 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Wed December 5th, 2012, 18:52 GMT
Posts: 4950
Location: In a hole in the ground there lived a....
I bought it but it's still in the shrink wrap.

I did listen to the MP3 version from Amazon about 80% through. I do think I fell asleep for about 20%. I was on a plane at the time.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon August 14th, 2017, 08:55 GMT 

Joined: Tue January 6th, 2015, 15:03 GMT
Posts: 275
mystic garden wrote:
I never thought I'd say this

but

Triplicate > Shadows > Fallen Angels

It could just be the weather or my unrequited love, but Triplicate is my most enjoyed and played Dylan album at the moment, besides the NY Blood on the Tracks tapes.

This isn't just short-lived new album love either; I started fairly negative toward the album, but it's really grown on me.
I agree with this. I have to skip the odd track on Triplicate, but I like it best of the Sinatra albums. Good late night listening with a large Scotch.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon August 14th, 2017, 11:07 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sat September 10th, 2016, 12:46 GMT
Posts: 1527
mjmooney wrote:
mystic garden wrote:
I never thought I'd say this

but

Triplicate > Shadows > Fallen Angels

It could just be the weather or my unrequited love, but Triplicate is my most enjoyed and played Dylan album at the moment, besides the NY Blood on the Tracks tapes.

This isn't just short-lived new album love either; I started fairly negative toward the album, but it's really grown on me.
I agree with this. I have to skip the odd track on Triplicate, but I like it best of the Sinatra albums. Good late night listening with a large Scotch.


Doesn't he mind?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon August 14th, 2017, 13:59 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sat December 10th, 2011, 15:23 GMT
Posts: 246
It's music for sad people who stay up late and drink too much.

Alcoholism and depression music.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon August 14th, 2017, 20:42 GMT 

Joined: Tue January 6th, 2015, 15:03 GMT
Posts: 275
Winter Lude wrote:
It's music for sad people who stay up late and drink too much.

Alcoholism and depression music.
Bittersweet melancholy rather than depression. And the appreciation of fine intoxicants rather than alcoholism. But otherwise, yeah.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon August 14th, 2017, 22:18 GMT 

Joined: Mon April 6th, 2009, 20:28 GMT
Posts: 1026
Location: I was there for a party once
Winter Lude wrote:
It's music for sad people who stay up late and drink too much.

Alcoholism and depression music.


Isn't all the best music?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon August 14th, 2017, 22:52 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sat December 10th, 2011, 15:23 GMT
Posts: 246
^^ Both good points.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue August 15th, 2017, 03:30 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Mon March 30th, 2009, 14:57 GMT
Posts: 1339
Location: Madly Across the Sun
McG wrote:
mjmooney wrote:
I agree with this. I have to skip the odd track on Triplicate, but I like it best of the Sinatra albums. Good late night listening with a large Scotch.


Doesn't he mind?


Sean Connery has good taste in music and naturally thinks Triplicate is shit.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue August 15th, 2017, 03:39 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Thu September 17th, 2015, 01:28 GMT
Posts: 608
Winter Lude wrote:
It's music for sad people who stay up late and drink too much.

Alcoholism and depression music.

Maybe I'm too sensitive, or else I'm getting soft


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue August 15th, 2017, 03:58 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sat September 13th, 2008, 03:43 GMT
Posts: 4901
jman wrote:
I can neither except nor accept.

115th wrote:
Sorry, but English is not my mother language, I am from Austria, so I mixed accept with except.
I am accepting your Austrian rain/reign.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue August 15th, 2017, 12:47 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat January 1st, 2011, 20:57 GMT
Posts: 6738
Location: Out in the West Texas town of El Paso
I'm listening to this beauty again this morning. We've got some stormy weather in New York. I can understand not getting this material if you've been living under a rock since Positively 4th street, but this makes perfect sense to me. Bob sings wonderfully with what he has left. The musicianship is ace as are the recordings. I love when you hear Bob breathing deeply into the microphone. Cheers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue August 15th, 2017, 13:43 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sat December 10th, 2011, 15:23 GMT
Posts: 246
goodnitesteve wrote:
I'm listening to this beauty again this morning. We've got some stormy weather in New York. I can understand not getting this material if you've been living under a rock since Positively 4th street, but this makes perfect sense to me. Bob sings wonderfully with what he has left. The musicianship is ace as are the recordings. I love when you hear Bob breathing deeply into the microphone. Cheers.


Very nice, but wrong thread. Check the title.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue August 15th, 2017, 16:17 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sun February 10th, 2008, 23:27 GMT
Posts: 450
Location: Quebec City
Because I downloaded it illegally and don't need a physical copy . I mean, I listened to it once. so.. bye.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue August 15th, 2017, 22:57 GMT 
Titanium Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat January 1st, 2011, 20:57 GMT
Posts: 6738
Location: Out in the West Texas town of El Paso
I returned it today

So I could buy it again!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed August 16th, 2017, 00:47 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat October 27th, 2007, 12:44 GMT
Posts: 16785
Location: Workin' as a postal clerk
Not if I buy it first - I need a second copy in case the house burns down.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed August 16th, 2017, 00:58 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Wed February 26th, 2014, 17:25 GMT
Posts: 573
Location: Tinfoilworlds
I didn't buy it, because I don't wanna be dirt poor buying everything I see....... :mrgreen: (or hear)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed October 4th, 2017, 06:03 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sat April 3rd, 2010, 17:44 GMT
Posts: 1142
I was in the HMV store in London yesterday, the Triplicate set is now on offer at £9.99 - a saving of £7.00. It wasn't enough to make me flash the plastic and I think I'll wait for the Gospel Era Bootleg Series to hit the shelves.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed October 4th, 2017, 14:03 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Wed December 16th, 2009, 12:57 GMT
Posts: 785
dvdunplugged wrote:
I was in the HMV store in London yesterday, the Triplicate set is now on offer at £9.99 - a saving of £7.00. It wasn't enough to make me flash the plastic and I think I'll wait for the Gospel Era Bootleg Series to hit the shelves.

:? 10 quid wasnt low enough? Which price would you find acceptable?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ajax1450, pervera, pol2jem, RenegadePriest, Still Go Barefoot


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group