Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Mon November 20th, 2017, 22:56 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Fri March 31st, 2017, 23:47 GMT 
Titanium Member

Just got home & found it in mailbox.
Listening to - My one & only love. Sounds beautiful
His insuppressible spirit really is baked into every moonstruck moment
thank you Bob Dylan :D
TGIF
Have a great weekend everybody around the world on ER

PostPosted: Sat April 1st, 2017, 01:29 GMT 
Promethium Member

A Merry Llama wrote:
He was there! I saw him! But not like I saw him smoking a cigarette behind the Cadillac palace whilst I was riding my bike after departing your fine company that night!

Very much hoping he reprises his theater tour this fall.

What a good night that was!

PostPosted: Thu October 26th, 2017, 03:27 GMT 

I think his live Restless Farewell from Sinatra's 80th should have been included as a bonus on one of these. Came on in the truck today, and made me think it could have fit nicely somewhere.

PostPosted: Thu October 26th, 2017, 08:34 GMT 

I still can't get into my head why people are saying that this is the music that inspired Dylan, there's me thinking it was all the good old boys on the country / folk circuit were his inspiration for him and all his cronies in the Greenwich Village scene. I thought it was the music of the likes of Hank Snow, Pete Seeger, Hank Williams and Woody Guthrie that inspired him - not the Great American songbook.
I suppose after he entertained his audience singing traditional folk songs and some self written songs he returned to his one room flat, had beans on toast and listened to Sinatra records. I don't think so - how could he have faced the purists in the morning. I always thought of him as a song and dance man but can't reconcile myself that the American songbook was the music that truly inspired him.
Don't get me wrong - I love a lot of those songs and a one album nod would have been a nice tribute but to end up with a 30 song package is just too much to bear. I never thought I'd be looking forward to BS Vol 13 so much - The Gospel Era is not my fave period but at least it's original!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7