Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Sun December 17th, 2017, 15:57 GMT

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue October 3rd, 2017, 21:54 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Thu August 17th, 2017, 20:00 GMT
Posts: 757
Location: Manchester England
Quote:
I would much rather have a fully restored "critical edition" of Renaldo and Clara as Dylan intended it to be seen. Misunderstood, multi-layered masterpiece or misconceived vanity project by coked-up rawk stars and their hangers-on, or something inbetween; or maybe, after the passing of four decades, something altogether different. Whatever it is, Dylan spent a great deal of time intimately involved in the project at one of the most creative points in his career and I think it's ripe for revaluation.


It's certainly not misunderstood. Nobody sets out to make a bad movie,
Dylan stuck his neck out there, and put his money where his mouth is,
but i think your assessment of ''misconceived vanity project by coked-up
rawk stars and their hangers-on'' is more like it.
I'm a Dylan fan, but i'm not going to like everything the man does.

He is charismatic on screen though...the eye is drawn to him...
Then he tries acting and it all goes all kinds of wrong from there onwards.
God bless Bob Dylan.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue October 3rd, 2017, 22:07 GMT 

Joined: Mon June 27th, 2016, 21:50 GMT
Posts: 794
LibraChild1980 wrote:
Quote:
says you


Yep, says me. I said it, i know i did, i wrote the words.
These are facts.

yeah,
among many other declarations of opinion,
stated as fact,
you really typed this:
LibraChild1980 wrote:
I'm not saying anything Dylan himself probably wouldn't agree with.
call it what you like,
(before your edit you called it "factious")
i just refuse to join any kind of
misguided chorus of internet voices


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue October 3rd, 2017, 22:22 GMT 
Titanium Member

Joined: Wed February 16th, 2005, 21:50 GMT
Posts: 5087
Location: New Hampshire
Performance wise, RTR is peak Dylan, and this is a project that has huge potential. Hopefully there is plenty of footage to sift through. It could easily become by far the best concert film of Dylan. And any personal biography, and background stories worked into it would only be another bonus. This is an historic film waiting to happen.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue October 3rd, 2017, 22:34 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Thu August 17th, 2017, 20:00 GMT
Posts: 757
Location: Manchester England
yeah,
among many other declarations of opinion,
stated as fact,
you really typed this:
LibraChild1980 wrote:
I'm not saying anything Dylan himself probably wouldn't agree with.
call it what you like,
(before your edit you called it "factious")
i just refuse to join any kind of
misguided chorus of internet voices[/quote]

You missunderstood, it was a factious statement to say ''says you'', it was me saying it,
so your statement was a strangely factious irrelevant statement


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue October 3rd, 2017, 22:38 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Thu August 17th, 2017, 20:00 GMT
Posts: 757
Location: Manchester England
To explain it simply to you, when somebody states an opinion,
and someone else says ''that's your opinion''...or in your case ''says you'',
it holds no water as a retort, you're simply making a factious statement
not responding to my opinion? Do you understand what i am saying now?

I never said my opinion was a fact, but in reply to you, of course i confirmed
those were my opinions, therefore it was a fact that i'd said those things.
I edited it because i knew you'd probably have this confusion, i could just tell.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue October 3rd, 2017, 22:40 GMT 

Joined: Mon June 27th, 2016, 21:50 GMT
Posts: 794
bless your heart


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue October 3rd, 2017, 22:47 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Thu August 17th, 2017, 20:00 GMT
Posts: 757
Location: Manchester England
And God bless you to :)

But just to be clear....i did say those things, and i stand by them.
Don't worry, it won't hurt nobody, it's an opinion i hold, not in any
bad intention, just in passion for the arts.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue October 3rd, 2017, 22:50 GMT 

Joined: Tue March 25th, 2014, 03:13 GMT
Posts: 99
Speaking to all those singular
misguided choruses of internet voices
Y'all might want to duck

https://youtu.be/bA4FU79vXHA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue October 3rd, 2017, 22:51 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Thu August 17th, 2017, 20:00 GMT
Posts: 757
Location: Manchester England
Although i must confess i did like Masked And Anonymous,
that scene with Val Kilmer, the mad gibberish, then Bob just
walks off...genius.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue October 3rd, 2017, 23:02 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Wed February 26th, 2014, 17:25 GMT
Posts: 580
Location: Tinfoilworlds
tinangel729 wrote:
Speaking to all those singular
misguided choruses of internet voices
Y'all might want to duck

https://youtu.be/bA4FU79vXHA



too scary for me to watch :( I much rather watch a movie starring Bob Dylan.Taking for granted there will be more strange love problems and romantic stuff, than just cold blooded murder. I get spoon fed murders and killings every day, I don't need to watch even more of that horror? It just upsets me how people really can accept that as entertainment? I feel I must be from a different star system and they (my comrades from there) just left me here to fend for myself, among these warmongering creatures? I keep thinking humanity is soon going to learn to live in peace when they are being told the truth.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue October 3rd, 2017, 23:13 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Thu August 17th, 2017, 20:00 GMT
Posts: 757
Location: Manchester England
Mean Streets.
Good film.
Very good film.
You should try it, it's not all violence.
That part is the climax of a man who was asking for a sticky ending.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue October 3rd, 2017, 23:19 GMT 

Joined: Mon June 27th, 2016, 21:50 GMT
Posts: 794
says you,
i'd rather watch renaldo & clara,
and btw wtf?
i'm out


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue October 3rd, 2017, 23:21 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Thu August 17th, 2017, 20:00 GMT
Posts: 757
Location: Manchester England
Quote:
too scary for me to watch :( I much rather watch a movie starring Bob Dylan.Taking for granted there will be more strange love problems and romantic stuff, than just cold blooded murder. I get spoon fed murders and killings every day, I don't need to watch even more of that horror? It just upsets me how people really can accept that as entertainment? I feel I must be from a different star system and they (my comrades from there) just left me here to fend for myself, among these warmongering creatures? I keep thinking humanity is soon going to learn to live in peace when they are being told the truth.


There is balance in nature. There is evil, there is good, and everything in between.
Even god has his moments of wrath does he not?
And if all existence is a system of extremes, then if there are beings beyond the stars,
they'll be good and bad.
Humans are basically tribal creatures.
We're war like because our instincts for survival dictate it.
If you enter my home and harm my family, i'm going to do unto you
as you do unto me. I don't think that's wrong, or right, it just ''is''. xxx


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue October 3rd, 2017, 23:24 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Thu August 17th, 2017, 20:00 GMT
Posts: 757
Location: Manchester England
juststepintothearena wrote:
says you,
i'd rather watch renaldo & clara,
and btw wtf?
i'm out


You still don't understand the difference between a reply and merely telling
somebody that they've just said something.
''says you''..that means absolutely nothing, it doesn't make a point, all it
does is state what somebody already said.
You're not too good at debating are you?
other rules are, don't lose your cool, swear, or take anything personal.
Said i.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed October 4th, 2017, 01:20 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Wed February 26th, 2014, 17:25 GMT
Posts: 580
Location: Tinfoilworlds
Well I don't think I want to get into a discussion about our exsistence on earth? Because I don't watch viloent movies, :roll: I still yearn for a time when we don't remember how to fight and kill no more, and I don't worry about any balance between good and/or bad, because avoiding violence is helping me wth my balance and find my path and my mission in life, and that is what makes me the person I am I guess? :wink: That time is soon reality (in my book)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed October 4th, 2017, 03:38 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Thu September 3rd, 2009, 23:38 GMT
Posts: 1937
Location: Mount Vernon, Washington, USA
Hard Rain wrote:
Well I don't think I want to get into a discussion about our exsistence on earth? Because I don't watch viloent movies, :roll: I still yearn for a time when we don't remember how to fight and kill no more, and I don't worry about any balance between good and/or bad, because avoiding violence is helping me wth my balance and find my path and my mission in life, and that is what makes me the person I am I guess? :wink: That time is soon reality (in my book)

This is a refreshing point of view. I have trouble with violence in film and TV as well, but I seem to be able to handle it in Greek Tragedy and Shakespeare. I guess when the violence comes with some sort of consequence other than computerized special effects and a driving soundtrack, it means more to me? I also enjoy most of Terry Gilliam's films, which do have some violence in them, but usually in the service of some higher symbolic metaphor. I just don't enjoy watching depictions of people being beaten, stabbed, shot, etc, particularly when it's supposed to be "cool" or "funny." Tarantino especially baffles me.

I did enjoy Masked and Anonymous, but I definitely cringed at the violent scene (there's only one, right?). Clearly it was meant to be metaphorical and symbolic, though, as was the entire film. Have never quite worked out what all the symbolism means, mind you, but there are some crazy good lines in there, and the music can't be topped.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed October 4th, 2017, 14:29 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Wed February 26th, 2014, 17:25 GMT
Posts: 580
Location: Tinfoilworlds
tinangel729 wrote:
Speaking to all those singular
misguided choruses of internet voices
Y'all might want to duck

https://youtu.be/bA4FU79vXHA



Tinfoil angel:


No, I am never gonna back down. Just go ahead and shoot me or whatever you want to do. I simply don't give a rat's ass. :shock:


(Behind the curtian I am really gentle rain, but to survive in this world I have to be hard rain. Not that I think it matters to anybody else but me. :roll: )


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed October 4th, 2017, 15:29 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sat December 10th, 2011, 15:23 GMT
Posts: 248
LibraChild1980 wrote:
You still don't understand the difference between a reply and merely telling
somebody that they've just said something.
''says you''..that means absolutely nothing, it doesn't make a point, all it
does is state what somebody already said.
You're not too good at debating are you?
other rules are, don't lose your cool, swear, or take anything personal.
Said i.


Haha... I went on a similar rant when I started seeing people quoting a post and adding "This". What the hell is "This"?? If you have something to say it.. "This" is not worthy of a post. :lol:

someone please quote my post and add "This" under it so I know you agree.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed October 4th, 2017, 17:21 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 16th, 2016, 17:00 GMT
Posts: 429
Location: Homer, AK
Hard Rain wrote:

Oaw you are daring.....you expect that he'll stay married to you after this? Even if I thought he was a lousy actor...I wouldn't dare to tell him to his face...I'd be so scared he'd give me the walkin' papers? Well you guys must be incredibly happy then, IF you can tell him that kind of stuff and he adores you anyway ....I just have to congratulate you guys :mrgreen: You succeeded with something that no living woman so far has managed....are you from a different universe maybe?

Bob is not an A actor like Al Pacino maybe, but he has carisma, so people stay spell bound anyway. He doesn't get an A maybe, BUT there are tons of actors in Hollywood that call themselves actors, but can't act. Bob is better than some of them so that's NOT an F. :lol:

I can't believe I am talking to *^#0& ing Bob's WIFE!!!! So are you gonna open up about your relationship then? We would like to know you see. It's in his kiss? Please tell us......

hmm the mystical wifie disappeared, obviously bothered by too personal questions....oh but I wanna know......hooo hoo Dylans wifie......hooo hoo where did you go?

I must say that Dylan's wife talks just like wives usually talk......I can imagine Dylan finally found his big love and is happy as a bird in the sky....I'm jealous


You should have been there the day we met. I told him he sounds like a Drunken Popeye :lol:

Since then, it's been magic. Honesty is key. Besides, there's no prenup. He's stuck with me :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed October 4th, 2017, 20:27 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Wed February 26th, 2014, 17:25 GMT
Posts: 580
Location: Tinfoilworlds
You told him he sounds like a Drunken Popeye ???? I wish I had been there?

Oh no Really ??? Stuck with you? I don't think so. Bob is just like that guy Hudini. You just watch Bob break loose from you, next time you say something nasty to his Bobness again. You better change your ways, and be the nicest you can be, because I have a friend back in Sweden who is extremely talented actress and a real nice person. She told me Bob PROPOSED to her ON HIS KNEES in her bathroom......she did not say yes yet, because Bob wanted her to give up her career as an actress, and she said no way. Therefore they are still negotiating this wedding, and it's been going on for years, so this way I stand a much better chance, cuts I don't have a career ha ha ha So now you have me to fight off as well,,,how you gonna pull that off? Don't be so sure you can keep him that much longer. He proposed to ME TOO, and it's today's truth. I have just been lazy, and not so much into men lately, but as soon as I can make up my mind....oh boy...you're not even gonna see his shadow no more. ha ha ha

Take heed Dylanswife and take my advice and be nice while you still have the time. Here comes not only one Swedish woman but 2 of us and we gonna bail him out one two three ha ha ha.


Bobby here we come!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed October 4th, 2017, 20:54 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 16th, 2016, 17:00 GMT
Posts: 429
Location: Homer, AK
Well you know how it is Hard Rain. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.... :o

I am only his 3rd wife you know..He can propose all he wants :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed October 4th, 2017, 21:17 GMT 
Mercury Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu July 10th, 2008, 15:11 GMT
Posts: 11575
Location: brighton uk
Winter Lude wrote:
LibraChild1980 wrote:
You still don't understand the difference between a reply and merely telling
somebody that they've just said something.
''says you''..that means absolutely nothing, it doesn't make a point, all it
does is state what somebody already said.
You're not too good at debating are you?
other rules are, don't lose your cool, swear, or take anything personal.
Said i.


Haha... I went on a similar rant when I started seeing people quoting a post and adding "This". What the hell is "This"?? If you have something to say it.. "This" is not worthy of a post. :lol:

someone please quote my post and add "This" under it so I know you agree.


That.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed October 4th, 2017, 22:15 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Wed February 26th, 2014, 17:25 GMT
Posts: 580
Location: Tinfoilworlds
dylanswife wrote:
Well you know how it is Hard Rain. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.... :o

I am only his 3rd wife you know..He can propose all he wants :lol:




I know it's hard to keep track of all his views Dylansvife, but if you got married to Bob after Helena Springs sister, then you must be number 4?

Maybe your husband can tell you? :mrgreen:


PS ask your husband (very kindly) to introduce you to us here on ER. Thanks beforehand. :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu October 5th, 2017, 00:16 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Wed February 26th, 2014, 17:25 GMT
Posts: 580
Location: Tinfoilworlds
dylanswife wrote:
Well you know how it is Hard Rain. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.... :o

I am only his 3rd wife you know..He can propose all he wants :lol:



hmmm you must have something that is irresistible to him.....He can propose all his wants and still be married to you? hmmm that might be a smart thing, that you let him do that? I don't understand how you can take that so easy but ....hey if it works for you guys... Not a cloud on your sky Dylanswife. You are amazing indeed. :lol:

Neither my friend nor I knew about you: wife number 4, or we wouldn't have gone this far? None of us wants to wreck your happiness and so I just had a long talk to my girlfriend, and she said we both owe you an apology. We just didn't know you and him were in this marital bliss, so we apologize from the bottom of our hearts. We were both perplexed though that you had the wrong number? We both think you have number 4???? Hope it didn't come as too big of a chock???? Let's hope number four is forever..... :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu October 5th, 2017, 00:27 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 16th, 2016, 17:00 GMT
Posts: 429
Location: Homer, AK
Hard Rain wrote:
dylanswife wrote:
Well you know how it is Hard Rain. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.... :o

I am only his 3rd wife you know..He can propose all he wants :lol:



hmmm you must have something that is irresistible to him.....He can propose all his wants and still be married to you? hmmm that might be a smart thing, that you let him do that? I don't understand how you can take that so easy but ....hey if it works for you guys... Not a cloud on your sky Dylanswife. You are amazing indeed. :lol:

Neither my friend nor I knew about you: wife number 4, or we wouldn't have gone this far? None of us wants to wreck your happiness and so I just had a long talk to my girlfriend, and she said we both owe you an apology. We just didn't know you and him were in this marital bliss, so we apologize from the bottom of our hearts. We were both perplexed though that you had the wrong number? We both think you have number 4???? Hope it didn't come as too big of a chock???? Let's hope number four is forever..... :D


Four is forever. Cute. 3 is our lucky number. Bobby’s been talkin IVR a lot lately..He keeps bringing up Janet Jackson. She was 50 when she became..well you know.

Had to give him a noogie, omg.. He really hates it when people touch his hair (head). I dunno why, maybe it’s because he’s goin bald.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: JeffreyLeePierre, likeatrain, saniette


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group