Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Sat October 21st, 2017, 19:15 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1071 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 43  Next
PostPosted: Sun September 25th, 2016, 10:47 GMT 

The information we received this week was that the Live 1966 Copyright Extension Collection will not be released under the Bootleg Series banner. Therefore I’m taking the opportunity (or is that liberty?) of starting a new thread for Live 1966 CEC, summarising the relevant information that was offered on the BS13 thread.

The eminently knowledgeable “My Echo, My Shadow and Me” has given us this overview of what is known to be available.

Quote:-

World Tour 1966

US – known recordings

February 5 - White Plains, NY – audience recording*
February 6 - Pittsburgh, PA – audience recording*
February 26 - Hempstead, NY – audience recording*

Australia – known recordings

April 13 - Sydney, NSW – soundboard recording*
April 20 - Melbourne, VIC – soundboard recording*

Europe – known recordings

April 29 – Stockholm, Sweden – AUD*
May 1 – Copenhagen, Denmark – NAGRA
May 5 – Dublin, Ireland – NAGRA*
May 6 – Belfast, Northern Ireland – NAGRA
May 10 – Colston, England – AUD*/NAGRA
May 11 – Cardiff, Wales – NAGRA
May 12 – Birmingham, England – NAGRA
May 14 – Liverpool, England – NAGRA*
May 15 – Leicester, England – AUD*/NAGRA
May 16 – Sheffield, England – NAGRA/COL*
May 17 – Manchester, England – NAGRA/COL (official release from 1998 that combines both tapes: "Live 1966")
May 19 – Glasgow, Scotland – NAGRA
May 20 – Edinburgh, Scotland – AUD*/NAGRA ("Thin Man" from Nagra tape released on BS 7)
May 21 – Newcastle, England – NAGRA
May 24 – Paris, France – NAGRA (there is an unverified rumor of French radio also taping this show)
May 26 – London, England – NAGRA/COL*
May 27 – London, England – NAGRA/COL*

AUD = audience recordings
NAGRA = mono line feed recordings made with Nagra tape recorder by Pennebaker’s film crew assisted by Dylan’s sound man Richard Alderson
COL = multi-track tapes made by Columbia Records

Note: Some of the Nagra tapes are incomplete. The sound recording for the film was mainly done by Jones Alk, Howard Alk’s wife. They probably used a Nagra III NP.

*circulating (at least in part)

Sources: ISIS No. 187 (2016), Bootleg Series 4 – Live Manchester 1966 liner notes (1998), 1966 and All That: D.A. Pennebaker, Film-maker, interview by Shelly Livson, New York City, Spring 1984 (published in All Across The Telegraph, 1987), Michael Krogsgaard, Master Of The Tracks (1988), Genuine Live 1966 bootleg CD box (2000)

Unquote

We also know that there were shows on 05 March in Jacksonville and on 26 March in Vancouver and that a soundcheck at Manchester on 17 May was recorded and circulates in part.

Over on SHF, The mighty “Mbd77” fed us a number of clues to decipher regarding the potential content. The Record Store Day announcement of “The Real Royal Albert Hall Concert” vinyl release due in November has confirmed the reliability of the clues provided. Other clues/information from “Mbd77” suggests that the full set might be 36 CDs, there would be no download dump of any recordings, and that there would likely be a 2CD version of “The Real RAH”. The equally perennially-reliable “keef285” has posted that there might be an announcement regarding the full set “next week”, and that it is going to be reasonably priced. One or both indicated that the set would be available in real record shops, not just mail order through Bob Inc.

My quick-fire calculation is that 20 CDs would be taken up by the circulating recordings (excluding Manchester) if they were presented in a logical manner (rather than cramming the available space to the hilt), meaning each show, or partial show, receiving 1 or 2 CDs. I don't think Manchester needs to be included for copyright protection purposes because it was released on the Bootleg Series.

If full (2CD) recordings exist of every show from 13 April (Sydney) through to 27 May (RAH), minus the already-released 17 May Manchester show the total count would be 36 CDs, leaving the earlier audience tapes of the US shows to the grey market vultures.

However I fear that my fantasy logic is just that: fantasy. At least it can be surmised that in a (potential) 36 CD set there is likely to be more than is already circulating.

PostPosted: Sun September 25th, 2016, 11:14 GMT 
Promethium Member

Quote:
At least it can be surmised that in a (potential) 36 CD set there is likely to be more than is already circulating.

Agree that it is likely to contain more than is circulating.
And... in better sound quality!

Excellent Summary (and good idea to separate).

PostPosted: Sun September 25th, 2016, 13:24 GMT 

Colston = Bristol Colston Hall

PostPosted: Sun September 25th, 2016, 15:34 GMT 

Here's my amended list of what's available from the 1966 shows:

World Tour 1966

US – known recordings

February 5 - White Plains, NY – audience recording*
February 6 - Pittsburgh, PA – audience recording*
February 26 - Hempstead, NY – audience recording*

Australia – known recordings

April 13 - Sydney, NSW – soundboard recording*
April 20 - Melbourne, VIC – soundboard recording*

Europe – known recordings

April 29 – Stockholm, Sweden – AUD*
May 1 – Copenhagen, Denmark – NAGRA ("Thin Man" is circulating)
May 5 – Dublin, Ireland – NAGRA*
May 6 – Belfast, Northern Ireland – NAGRA
May 10 – Bristol, England – AUD*/NAGRA
May 11 – Cardiff, Wales – NAGRA
May 12 – Birmingham, England – NAGRA ("Thin Man" is circulating)
May 14 – Liverpool, England – NAGRA* ("Tom Thumb's Blues" released as B-side of "I Want You" 7" in 1966)
May 15 – Leicester, England – AUD*/NAGRA
May 16 – Sheffield, England – NAGRA/COL*
May 17 – Manchester, England – NAGRA/COL [acoustic set from Nagra tape (missing parts patched with multitrack tape) and electric set from multitrack tape released on "Live 1966" in 1998]**
May 19 – Glasgow, Scotland – NAGRA
May 20 – Edinburgh, Scotland – AUD*/NAGRA ("Thin Man" from Nagra tape released on BS 7, "One Too Many Mornings" and "LARS" from Nagra tape are circulating)
May 21 – Newcastle, England – NAGRA
May 24 – Paris, France – NAGRA (there is an unverified report of French radio also taping this show)
May 26 – London, England – NAGRA/COL*
May 27 – London, England – NAGRA/COL*

AUD = audience recordings
NAGRA = mono line feed (from the soundboard) recordings made with Nagra tape recorder by Pennebaker’s film crew assisted by Dylan’s sound man Richard Alderson
COL = multi-track tapes made by Columbia Records

*circulating (at least in part)
**An alternate stereo mix is available for the Columbia recording of the electric half of the Manchester show (released on bootleg CD set Guitars Kissing & the Contemporary Fix in 1995). A mono version of the electric set has been in circulation since the early 1970s.

1966 live recordings of "Visions", "Baby Blue" and "I Don't Believe You" were released on "Biograph" in 1985, but I think there is some confusion over location/dates.

Note: Some of the Nagra tapes are incomplete (see below).

Here's what Clinton Heylin has to say about the audio recordings made for the "Eat The Document" film (quote from ISIS magazine 187, August 2016): "(They have) every European show except Stockholm in one form or another. Not necessarily every show complete, but very large chunks of shows and in most cases complete shows." Heylin also says that those tapes were made by Dylan's sound man Richard Alderson, while Pennebaker once said (Shelly Livson interview, 1984) that the shows were recorded by his sound person, Jones Alk (Howard Alk’s wife). The tapes were made from a mono line feed with a mono Nagra tape recorder (probably a Nagra III NP). I think that Jones Alk operated the tape recorder, while Alderson provided the line feed from the soundboard.

The Nagra tape recorders were the best professional portable tape recorders of the era. In some of the "Eat The Document" footage you can see people from the film crew with the Nagra recorder, which is probably the III NP model, which would have been the newest model in 1966 (but still mono).

In addition Columbia recorded four shows on multi track (Sheffield, Manchester and both London shows). One would assume those tapes to include the complete shows.

Sources: ISIS No. 187 (2016), Bootleg Series 4 – Live Manchester 1966 liner notes (1998), 1966 and All That: D.A. Pennebaker, Film-maker, interview by Shelly Livson, New York City, Spring 1984 (published in All Across The Telegraph, 1987), Michael Krogsgaard, Master Of The Tracks (1988), Genuine Live 1966 bootleg CD box (2000)

PostPosted: Sun September 25th, 2016, 16:16 GMT 

My Echo, My Shadow And Me wrote:

In addition Columbia recorded four shows on multi track (Sheffield, Manchester and both London shows). One would assume those tapes to include the complete shows.

Thanks for the update Mr Echo... diligent as ever.

The likelihood that recordings for both London shows are complete is music to my one good ear. Further evidence, in the form of the title of the upcoming RSD vinyl release, indicates that one complete show will be represented therein rather than the (incomplete) amalgam of the two with which we are familiar.

It has been said that the cost of the RSD Black Friday double vinyl release will be about $24. If it is offered at that price here in UK you won't see me for dust. I'll be down to my participating outlet, 15 miles away, faster than Bob can say, "....Taj Mahaaaaaaaaaaal".

Did I ever mention that my wife attended one of the RAH shows but she can't remember which of the 2 shows she attended or what he played that night?

PostPosted: Sun September 25th, 2016, 16:51 GMT 

When and how did we receive the information that Live 66 would not be part of The Bootleg Series? I missed that one.

PostPosted: Sun September 25th, 2016, 16:58 GMT 

landlordagain wrote:
When and how did we receive the information that Live 66 would not be part of The Bootleg Series? I missed that one.

23 September, by inference in Derek's blog on the Isis website.

Quote:-

23 September 2016

Over the past couple of weeks we have been bombarded with emails and phone calls asking for information regarding upcoming Dylan releases (“Bootleg Series”, copyright dump, the 1966 Live Concerts). As soon as we are permitted to make announcements we will do so. All I can say at present is watch this space. We hope to be able to talk about the ’66 release soon but at the moment my lips are sealed. Nevertheless, a good indication of what will be included in that release was outlined in the last ISIS (issue 187), during my interview with Clinton Heylin. Indications are that this release will be sold at a fraction of the price of “Cutting Edge”.

There has been a lot of Dylan product over recent times so we really are being greedy expecting more and more. Overkill is a factor that needs to be taken into account with new product so we are not likely to see “BS 13” for some time.

Unquote

PostPosted: Sun September 25th, 2016, 17:26 GMT 

pol2jem wrote:

Thanks for the update Mr Echo... diligent as ever.

The likelihood that recordings for both London shows are complete is music to my one good ear. Further evidence, in the form of the title of the upcoming RSD vinyl release, indicates that one complete show will be represented therein rather than the (incomplete) amalgam of the two with which we are familiar.

It has been said that the cost of the RSD Black Friday double vinyl release will be about $24. If it is offered at that price here in UK you won't see me for dust. I'll be down to my participating outlet, 15 miles away, faster than Bob can say, "....Taj Mahaaaaaaaaaaal".

Did I ever mention that my wife attended one of the RAH shows but she can't remember which of the 2 shows she attended or what he played that night?

I forgot to mention that "Tell Me, Momma" from Liverpool was released on the 2005 The Band set "A Musical History".

Your wife attended one of the RAH shows? Can you share anything of what she does remember? Always cool to hear from people who attended 1966 shows.

P.S.: An older friend of mine attended Jimi Hendrix's last regular concert (Isle of Fehmarn, Germany, 1970), but he says he was so stoned that he does not remember anything about the show apart from the fact that Hendrix wore red pants.

PostPosted: Sun September 25th, 2016, 18:35 GMT 

Thanks for the nice summary of what is known. It seems that we will have much to discuss next week! I'm hoping for a Monday announcement!

Speculation: I wonder if the "Columbia Performance Series" title will be used to start a new type of live series (since the Bootleg Series title won't be used)? I suppose they could go with the "50th Anniversary Collection" title which is a little boring though. Another idea is that since cost might be lower on this set (as suggested), it might resemble The Complete Album Collection, Volume 1 boxed set in style (i.e., simple box, thin cardboard sleeves and small book)? That would keep cost down pretty well I would think.

PostPosted: Sun September 25th, 2016, 19:56 GMT 

Your wife attended one of the RAH shows? Can you share anything of what she does remember? Always cool to hear from people who attended 1966 shows.

It sounds ridiculous now, but to her it was just another concert that her boyfriend had been able to scrounge tickets for...

She wore a green PVC raincoat with big red buttons over a short-hemmed black-and-white striped jersey dress. She wore a beret on her head and red ballet pumps on her Size 3 feet. She travelled down to London from Penn in Buckinghamshire with her boyfriend on the back of his motor scooter, in convoy with another couple on a better quality motor scooter. (In the days of the Mods, the quality of your motor scooter was almost as important as the cut of your clothes.) There was loads of traffic on the A40 into London that evening. Her seat was behind the stage. She recalls a person roaming around the periphery of the stage with a small shoulder-mounted movie camera and believes her group of friends would have been included in some of the footage.

In 1982 she recalled that it must have been a Friday (so, 27 May) and that after the concert she went to an all-nighter at The Flamingo Club in Soho. More recently, she thinks it might have been Thursday because she remembers the motor scooter breaking down on the way back and having to walk home from Amersham, ruining her red ballet pumps in the process, and being late in to her work at Sheltone Separates in High Wycombe the following day.

She can't remember any of the songs, the between-song comments or whether there was any booing. She says the second half was loud but not as loud as Cream's Farewell Concert which she attended at RAH a couple of years later.

To be fair to this apparently hopeless memory, she had ingested a quantity of mind-altering pills prior to entering the RAH.

PostPosted: Sun September 25th, 2016, 21:54 GMT 

She remembers, in detail, her outfit from 50 years ago? Her memory is far from hopeless! I can't find my coat!

PostPosted: Mon September 26th, 2016, 07:23 GMT 

seg wrote:
She remembers, in detail, her outfit from 50 years ago? Her memory is far from hopeless!

A true mod. Great story!

PostPosted: Mon September 26th, 2016, 08:39 GMT 

I think she must have been there on the Thursday as I was at the Fri 27th gig and there was no filming that night, I did post my recollections of the night in a previous thread which I'll repeat if anyone is interested?

Chris

PostPosted: Mon September 26th, 2016, 08:43 GMT 

A true mod. Great story!

So true!
I discovered music through the whole Mod revival thing in 1979 (I basically discovered Dylan through Weller's love of 1960's) and I remember being obsessed with "the look" !

PostPosted: Mon September 26th, 2016, 08:44 GMT 

workingmanblues wrote:
Thanks for the nice summary of what is known. It seems that we will have much to discuss next week! I'm hoping for a Monday announcement!

Speculation: I wonder if the "Columbia Performance Series" title will be used to start a new type of live series (since the Bootleg Series title won't be used)? I suppose they could go with the "50th Anniversary Collection" title which is a little boring though. Another idea is that since cost might be lower on this set (as suggested), it might resemble The Complete Album Collection, Volume 1 boxed set in style (i.e., simple box, thin cardboard sleeves and small book)? That would keep cost down pretty well I would think.

The Performance Series would be the perfect vehicle. Its only other outings have been "Brandeis" and "The Other Side of the Mirror". Just imagine: 1996 in a box of CDs followed later by the 23 hours of 1966 film footage in a box of DVDs / Blu-Rays. (The latter is fantasy, obviously.) A CAC type box would do the trick, for sure, especially as I invested recently in a strong enough prescription for my glasses to be able to read any sleeve notes in the accompanying book.

What intrigues me is Derek's reportage: "Indications are that this release will be sold at a fraction of the price of “(The)Cutting Edge”.

One tenth of £600 is £60. Nine tenths of £600 is £540. Both are fractions, as is Love minus Zero divided by No Limit...

I asked my wife. She offered the view that anything between one fifth and one half would justify the use of the word "fraction" in this context. I've concluded that Bob was right all along. It really is mathematical music.

PostPosted: Mon September 26th, 2016, 15:47 GMT 

ChristopherG wrote:
I think she must have been there on the Thursday as I was at the Fri 27th gig and there was no filming that night, I did post my recollections of the night in a previous thread which I'll repeat if anyone is interested?

Chris

Many thanks for that Chris! It seems to confirm her most recent memories of the event. Please go ahead and re-post your recollections of the Friday.

PostPosted: Mon September 26th, 2016, 16:15 GMT 

seg wrote:
She remembers, in detail, her outfit from 50 years ago? Her memory is far from hopeless! I can't find my coat!

:) Well, the clothes and hairstyle were the things for the Mod kiddies back then.

She can't remember what she ate for breakfast yesterday but she is word and pitch perfect singing "Moody's Mood For Love", her favourite Georgie Fame cover song, and has clear memories of being at The Flamingo Club in late 1963 when GF recorded his "Rhythm and Blues At The Flamingo" album.

Also she fondly recalls having the inside of her arm autographed by a quiet, shy young guitar player taking a break between sets at the Ricky Tick Club in Windsor in late '62. He signed his name Keith "The Mouse" Richards. The so-called "permanent" marker ink that was used wore off before the start of 1963, despite her best efforts to keep the arm dry. A photograph of the adorned arm was one of many lost during a house move in 1988.

I'm just baffled why the introduction of the "poets" at the RAH in 1966 is missing from her memory bank. You'd think it would be locked in tight. Maybe it'll come back as she gets older...

PostPosted: Mon September 26th, 2016, 16:42 GMT 

Here goes!

May 27th 1966 Royal Albert Hall

Some memories

I was 16 and had been living and breathing Dylan since early 65, unknown to me he’d entered my DNA via “The Madhouse on Castle Street” which I’d watched with my parents who were horrified at the singing, it sounded good to me and if your parents don’t like it…well what better excuse. I filed that away and about that time my elder brother began a subscription to “Billboard” magazine, in which started to appear large advertisements for “The Freewheelin’ Bob Dylan”, I still didn’t make the connection between the two. My favourite band in 64 were “The Animals” and Eric Burdon started to namedrop Dylan in interviews and songs, finally it all came together and I was smitten.

In 65 I started work and spent my first weekly wage on the “Bob Dylan”LP. I then bought each album in order of release as I could afford them. I made no attempt to see him at The Royal Albert Hall in 65, in fact I have no recollection of the gig being advertised or even taking place until reading the reviews. But in 66 I was ready!

Living in Surrey I was only an hours journey to London, so I got on a train and bought a ticket from the RAH box office, it cost £1 and was the top price, the man in the booth told me that ‘it was a good ticket”. He was right it was a stalls seat, for those of you who don’t know the RAH, the stalls are the slightly raised area encircling the arena the area in front of the stage which traditionally would be called the stalls in any conventional theatre. My seat was at about the 2 O’clock position and had great sight lines.

There is no curtain in front of the stage at the RAH so you could clearly see the amps and drum riser even for the acoustic part of the show, so even if you hadn’t read any of the press reports you knew that something was about to happen.

The lights dimmed and a spotlight hit the stage, Dylan entered stage right wearing the hounds tooth suit(which I would refer to as Rupert Bear check for many years after!), my side, clutching a handful of harmonicas making his way to the stool positioned at the microphone. His hair was amazing and where was the leather sports jacket that I’d lusted after and finally found a version of?

All goes very well until the start of a new song,( “VOJ”) where we got the “this is not a drug song’ rap, someone shouts “we’re with you Bob” from way up above me, in fact you can just hear this on the Gelston acetate recording, after which our hero answers “yes all right.”

He drops a harmonica before one of the songs and does a funny Chaplinesque stoop down to pick it up, the audience laugh at which Dylan says “don’t do that., that’s terrible again clearly audible on the Gelston recording.

The harmonica solo in “Baby Blue” is spellbinding, it floats around that huge hall which in those days had quite an echo depending upon where you sat, long before the saucer structures were hung from the ceiling in an attempt to “cure’ this. The security in those days consisted of elderly gentlemen in slightly military uniforms and hats, the one at the door nearest to me looked totally mesmerised by this song. Then it was “Mr T Man” lots of applause and intermission.

Now remember that the amps and drums have been visible throughout. When Dylan and The Hawks hit the stage (Robbie in the white striped suit) there is mixed applause and derision, the atmosphere has changed, Dylan has changed, he’s pumped up now in complete contrast to the quiet reservation of the first half. It’s loud, but no problem to me as I’ve been going to rock gigs since I was 13 years old, Little Richard at Kingston Granada anyone, and been fed a diet of Chuck Berry and Muddy Waters by my brother.

When they do “One Too Many” and I Don’t Believe You” I start to get a bit agitated, I didn’t see why he had to amp up what I perceived to be ‘folk songs’ that I’d been besotted with for a year or more, yes I wasn’t totally ready for the electrification, I loved the already familiar new rock songs though.

Dylan is very animated he keeps throwing his arms around Robbie’s neck, which for a Surrey boy of 16 is quite shocking!

Someone struts forward at each chorus to share the microphone in “One too Many Mornings”, with hindsight probably Rick Danko.

There is a lot of booing and shouting and people do leave. I’m totally shocked that people could buy a ticket to someone they wanted to see and then boo.

Two girls next to me are worried that “he’ll walk off in a minute”, it was clear to me that he wouldn’t, he seemed to be almost enjoying it and was in a way in control. Now of course with the knowledge of he Pennebaker footage in “No Direction Home“ we can assume that he was part elated at the thought of it being the last gig and he was going home.

‘LARS” is long and then it’s all over, it all passed very quickly. I wish I could remember more.

I do remember walking along Exhibition Road (I may have levitated) back to the tube station that I really didn’t know if I loved or hated the man. It was that good.

I dreamt in colour that night, something I rarely ever did or do.

In 1970 a good friend of mine Jeff Thomas, sadly no longer with us, called me up and played me a tape down the phone, it was he said Dylan at RAH the electric half, it was amazing. Well I knew it wasn’t the May 27th set but it could have been the night before, it was of course the Manchester gig. It was long before any bootlegs of this existed, and as far as I’m aware was one of only a few copies in the country at that time.

Footnote

A few years ago I was invited to a friends dinner party and Dennis one of the guests, now no longer with us, told the story of how he went to see Peter Paul and Mary at the Royal Festival Hall in 1964, after the show he and his friends went for a drink at a pub near the venue only to find that Peter Yarrow was also having a drink there. They told him how much they had enjoyed the gig and he remarked that if they’d enjoyed that, then they must go and see “a friend of his called Bob Dylan” who was going to perform there in a few weeks time, “he’s sensational” he told them. Dennis went and was totally underwhelmed, apparently Dylan didn’t speak at all between songs, but he did remember that he sang “Mr Tambourine Man”. At that dinner party you had three people who had seen Dylan in 64, 65 (the host) and myself 66, there can’t be many instances of that surely.

Chris

PostPosted: Mon September 26th, 2016, 17:17 GMT 
Titanium Member

Glad to hear from you Chris! Welcome to the forum! It's great to hear new perspectives on events we think we know so well.

PostPosted: Mon September 26th, 2016, 17:22 GMT 
Promethium Member

pol2jem wrote:
What intrigues me is Derek's reportage: "Indications are that this release will be sold at a fraction of the price of “(The)Cutting Edge”.

This probably means more copies, and possibly less useless leopard spindles. They'll want to make money with it, no doubt. Unless there is something nobody's ever heard of, the next year for exciting live releases is 2025 as the 50th anniversary of the RTR.

PostPosted: Mon September 26th, 2016, 18:37 GMT 

Johanna Parker wrote:
pol2jem wrote:

This probably means more copies, and possibly less useless leopard spindles. They'll want to make money with it, no doubt. Unless there is something nobody's ever heard of, the next year for exciting live releases is 2025 as the 50th anniversary of the RTR.

:lol: Yes, no more leopard-skin spindles. Please!!

My grandson, aged 10, tells me there is such a thing as an improper fraction in which the denominator is small than the numerator. In this case Live 66 could be more expensive than The Cutting Edge while still being a fraction of the cost.

PostPosted: Mon September 26th, 2016, 19:04 GMT 

ChristopherG wrote:
It’s loud, but no problem to me as I’ve been going to rock gigs since I was 13 years old, Little Richard at Kingston Granada anyone, and been fed a diet of Chuck Berry and Muddy Waters by my brother.

Thanks for that, Chris! Great days...

I'm a Kingston boy, born and bred, though long since moved on. I remember the Kingston Granada, a cinema, regularly hosted the pop package tours in the early 1960's. The roster on my first gig there in 1964 included Dusty Springfield, Dave Berry, Herman's Hermits, Brian Poole and the Tremeloes and a couple of other groups and soloists, all doing 15 to 20 minute turns. My dad took me; he was 45 years old then and disapproved of the screaming from the stalls during the Herman's Hermits set...!!!

I recall the Kingston Coronation Baths being another venue for concerts. Hawkwind played a memorable set there around 1971. I mean, who'd hold a concert in an indoor swimming pool for goodness sake??!!

PostPosted: Mon September 26th, 2016, 19:23 GMT 
Titanium Member

If anyone wants to part with a leopard skin adaptor, send me a pm.

PostPosted: Mon September 26th, 2016, 19:34 GMT 

I went to a few of the package tours at the Kingston Granada, I lived at Addlestone, so it was a train to Weybridge change to the Surbiton train and get a trolley bus or walk to Kingston!

I remember seeing Little Richard, Roy Orbison (still have the programmes for those shows) Gene Vincent, Dion, Del Shannon, The Searchers etc etc

Heady days!

PostPosted: Mon September 26th, 2016, 19:36 GMT 
Titanium Member

Great post Chris, thanks!

pol2jem, your wife sounds ridiculously cool.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1071 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 43  Next