Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Thu November 23rd, 2017, 05:16 GMT

All times are UTC

Post subject: Bob's Sermons
PostPosted: Sun January 25th, 2015, 16:52 GMT 

Is Bob's Christian sermons collected anywhere? In audio, or preferably, text form? Trying to decipher what he says at the beginning of Slow Train on Live by Faith, but it also got me wanting to hear more of how he interpreted the faith - or how he constructed it.

Post subject: Re: Bob's Sermons
PostPosted: Sun January 25th, 2015, 17:16 GMT 

Anr Bjotk wrote:
Is Bob's Christian sermons collected anywhere? In audio, or preferably, text form? Trying to decipher what he says at the beginning of Slow Train on Live by Faith, but it also got me wanting to hear more of how he interpreted the faith - or how he constructed it.

Back in the early '90s, Hanuman Books published a tiny (and I do mean tiny - it was about 3 inches high) book of Heylin's transcriptions of all the gospel era live sermons/raps taken from every tape circulating among hardcore fans at that time.

They were arranged chronologically, I believe, with locations listed. Only about 500 of these were published. I have not seen one besides my own copy in decades and don't know how hard they are to locate. Hope this info helps.

~ L.F.

PostPosted: Sun January 25th, 2015, 17:20 GMT 

Lonesomefetter wrote:
Anr Bjotk wrote:

Back in the early '90s, Hanuman Books published a tiny (and I do mean tiny - it was about 3 inches high) book of Heylin's transcriptions of all the gospel era live sermons/raps taken from every tape circulating among hardcore fans at that time.

They were arranged chronologically, I believe, with locations listed. Only about 500 of these were published. I have not seen one besides my own copy in decades and don't know how hard they are to locate. Hope this info helps.

~ L.F.

What was the name of the book? Probably a sky high price for it if it by any chance was on ebay.

Edit: Nevermind, must be "Saved! the Gospel Speeches of Bob Dylan". It's on amazon for 73$. Too rich for my blood. Any other publications? Websites or other sources?

PostPosted: Sun January 25th, 2015, 20:35 GMT 

Have a look here:
http://www.alilyamongthorns.8m.com/cgi- ... rraps.html

http://dylangospel.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Mon January 26th, 2015, 08:21 GMT 

hollowhorn wrote:

Great. Just the sort of thing I was after. Cheers.

PostPosted: Thu September 21st, 2017, 18:53 GMT 
Titanium Member

Does anybody have a copy of this book they’re willing to part with? I wanted to make a more complete version.