Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Sat December 16th, 2017, 10:42 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 872 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 35  Next
PostPosted: Fri August 11th, 2017, 18:01 GMT 

Announcement coming soon. Believe me.

PostPosted: Fri August 11th, 2017, 18:11 GMT 

jerome wrote:
No announcement before late august - mid september
Believe me !

For reference to above post.

PostPosted: Fri August 11th, 2017, 18:19 GMT 

Hey jerome-
Could you share some content nugget about the announcement to further establish your sourcing credentials?

PostPosted: Sun August 13th, 2017, 10:00 GMT 

jerome wrote:
Announcement coming soon. Believe me.

I believe in you

PostPosted: Sun August 13th, 2017, 10:46 GMT 

I want to believe :|

PostPosted: Mon August 14th, 2017, 14:07 GMT 

I don't see the born again period being any more popular now than it was back then. I predict that BS13 will fall short compared to all the other BS releases. My feeling is that all the good out takes from that period are already out there. What's probably left is the stuff that was so bad it was left of those three albums. Get ready for a lot of overly-nasal groaning, TONS of female back up singer harmonies, and songs that are inferior to everything he's done before, all preaching the same damn thing. And plenty of Bob's bad electric guitar playing.

PostPosted: Mon August 14th, 2017, 14:32 GMT 

Winter Lude wrote:
I don't see the born again period being any more popular now than it was back then. I predict that BS13 will fall short compared to all the other BS releases. My feeling is that all the good out takes from that period are already out there. What's probably left is the stuff that was so bad it was left of those three albums. Get ready for a lot of overly-nasal groaning, TONS of female back up singer harmonies, and songs that are inferior to everything he's done before, all preaching the same damn thing. And plenty of Bob's bad electric guitar playing.

Why do you even come hERe?

I am still eagerly awaiting the announcement of this release!! This is going to be a glorious end of year treasure!!

PostPosted: Mon August 14th, 2017, 14:36 GMT 

Winter Lude wrote:
I expect it will be similar in quality to Another Self Portrait. It won't rectify the whole period (after all, these are still right wing fundamentalist songs) but there will be a lot of great stuff anyway.

Gesendet von meinem SM-J710F mit Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon August 14th, 2017, 14:38 GMT 

kuddukan wrote:

I am still eagerly awaiting the announcement of this release!! This is going to be a glorious end of year treasure!!

Because I've been a Bob Dylan fan since 1975.
I didn't realize that I'm not welcome hERe if my thoughts don't line up with those of "kuddukan".

Last edited by Winter Lude on Mon August 14th, 2017, 14:40 GMT, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon August 14th, 2017, 14:40 GMT 

Winter Lude wrote:
kuddukan wrote:

Because I've been a Bob Dylan fan since 1975.
I didn't realize that I'm not welcome hERe if my thoughts don't line up with those of "kuddukan".
Don't worry. "why do you even come hERe?" is a running gag, it's not meant seriously.

Gesendet von meinem SM-J710F mit Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon August 14th, 2017, 15:18 GMT 

To drive the point home:

[img]https://i.imgflip.com/1u2m0y.jpg[/img]

PostPosted: Mon August 14th, 2017, 16:51 GMT 

Foiled again by highly restrictive ER image posting requirements! Drats!!

Don't hate on me Winter Lude. My tongue was wearing a hole in my cheek.

PostPosted: Mon August 14th, 2017, 22:54 GMT 

kuddukan wrote:
Foiled again by highly restrictive ER image posting requirements! Drats!!

Don't hate on me Winter Lude. My tongue was wearing a hole in my cheek.

Keep posting Justin Bieber pics and my wrath will be the least of your worries! :P

PostPosted: Tue August 15th, 2017, 19:53 GMT 

Winter Lude wrote:

What does being popular have to do with artistic merit? I even agree with you, it probably won't be th best selling volume in the series, but I for one look forward to an live recordings from the era in top notch quality and there's a few songs like "Ain't Gonna Go To Hell For Anybody" that I've always enjoyed on bootlegs.

Having said, that Volume 9 hardly had a wealth of recordings that topped the already released versions and I don't recall Volume 10 being jam-packed with otherwordly gems either. The original "Blood On The Tracks" and the unreleased 1992 cover album are probably the last two big chunks of studio work worth checking out. The rest will just be bits and pieces or live recordings.

But considering that they must have released some 30+ hours of studio recordings in the Bootleg Series (all of which originally was considered not to be fit for release), it was a pretty good run.

PostPosted: Tue August 15th, 2017, 20:23 GMT 

It's always a case of stronger than dirt vs milking the turkey.

Personally, I'm in the middle looking forward to a handful stellar live performances.

PostPosted: Wed August 16th, 2017, 13:19 GMT 

There's still a lot of mileage in the bootleg Series; especially if they follow on from the precedent set by Live '66.

PostPosted: Wed August 16th, 2017, 21:14 GMT 

I didn't want to start a new thread. Just wondering. Is there any video of Dylan performing Angelina? I did not find one on YouTube. It is a great song and I have ideas about it.

PostPosted: Wed August 16th, 2017, 21:20 GMT 
Titanium Member

I don't think he ever played Angelina live, so no.

PostPosted: Wed August 16th, 2017, 23:01 GMT 
Promethium Member

esto wrote:
I didn't want to start a new thread. Just wondering. Is there any video of Dylan performing Angelina? I did not find one on YouTube. It is a great song and I have ideas about it.

There's at least one thread dedicated to Angelina, probably more...
Here's one of the more recent ones:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=73005

PostPosted: Thu August 17th, 2017, 11:21 GMT 

esto wrote:

I confirm he never played it live. There are only two documented versions of that song. One during a rehearsal in 1980 at Rundown Studios (not in circulation) and the second in 1981 (released on BS Vol. 1-3).

PostPosted: Thu August 17th, 2017, 19:58 GMT 

BobDylan66 wrote:
esto wrote:

I confirm he never played it live. There are only two documented versions of that song. One during a rehearsal in 1980 at Rundown Studios (not in circulation) and the second in 1981 (released on BS Vol. 1-3).

Oh MAN the uncirculated wonders in the vaults! I looked through Bjorner's page on 1981 studio sessions, and it was full of documented but uncirculated stuff. And of course that doesn't even include the stuff that is undocumented!

Along that line of thought, is it "confirmed," as much as any of this is confirmed, that BS13 will include sessions (and live shows) around Slow Train, Saved, and Shot of Love, or just the first two? I almost think Shot of Love should be considered its own era entirely (or part of the era that includes Infidels. Certainly more in common artistically between Shot of Love and Infidels than Saved).

PostPosted: Thu August 17th, 2017, 20:45 GMT 
Titanium Member

I disagree, leave Infidels for its own release. Plenty of good material there to stand by itself.

PostPosted: Thu August 17th, 2017, 21:34 GMT 
Promethium Member

Nightingale's Code wrote:
I disagree, leave Infidels for its own release. Plenty of good material there to stand by itself.

Agreed!

PostPosted: Sat August 19th, 2017, 13:49 GMT 

Winter Lude wrote:

Bootleg series releases are clearly for the obsessed and perhaps for posterity. Seems to me the releases are usually discounted in pretty short order. I don't listen to them often and the content is generally spotty. This will be no different. I know there were some stellar live performances and I hope those are included. If there's a he11 below we're all gonna go.

PostPosted: Sun August 20th, 2017, 16:24 GMT 
Promethium Member

monklover wrote:
If there's a he11 below we're all gonna go.

Sounds to me like you need to change your way of thinkin'... With this release you should sing along with the songs and seek heavenly things... and maybe avoid the place where the unfaithful and unrepentant go.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 872 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 35  Next