Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Thu October 19th, 2017, 23:33 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 872 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 35  Next
PostPosted: Wed August 17th, 2016, 17:09 GMT 

eltedioso wrote:
Contacts Among Lumberjacks wrote:
Has anyone stumbled across any recent news on what vol. 13 will be and when it will be released?

The writer Clinton Heylin, in the current issue of Isis Magazine, mentions that he knows a 1966 Live Box Set is being prepared, and he's heard the shows. How this material will be distributed across a potential Bootleg Series and/or Copyright Extension Collection is anyone's guess, but I think it's pretty much confirmed at this point that the next release will be live 1966 material - potentially tiered like Vol. 12 with a massive box set at the top level.

In the same issue of ISIS magazine editor Derek Barker mentions the 1966 World Tour and "talk of another big box". My guess is BS 13 = best tapes of World Tour 1966 (+ Anniversary Collection download of audience tapes etc.)

PostPosted: Wed August 17th, 2016, 17:10 GMT 

My Echo, My Shadow And Me wrote:
In the same issue of ISIS magazine editor Derek Barker mentions the 1966 World Tour and "talk of another big box". My guess is BS 13 = best tapes of World Tour 1966 (+ Anniversary Collection download of audience tapes etc.)

Makes sense to me!

PostPosted: Wed August 17th, 2016, 17:22 GMT 

I still hope for a " Blood on the tracks " or " Desire " box set with unreleased material or both in a box set.

When did they announced Bootleg 12 last year, wasn´t it in September ???

I remember it cause I´ve been in hospital at this time.

Last edited by 115th on Wed August 17th, 2016, 17:24 GMT, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed August 17th, 2016, 17:23 GMT 

115th wrote:
I still hope for a " Blood on the tracks " or " Desire " box set with unreleased material or both in a box set.

I think you'll definitely get your wish eventually, just not this year. :)

PostPosted: Wed August 17th, 2016, 17:28 GMT 

Are we still just talking about the Clinton book reference? Or was there a more detailed quote?

PostPosted: Wed August 17th, 2016, 17:36 GMT 

Let´s just wait what box set will be announced, nobody really knows WHAT will be released.

PostPosted: Wed August 17th, 2016, 18:02 GMT 
Titanium Member

Last time, the company that did the books leaked some of the photography. Can we hope for the same?

PostPosted: Wed August 17th, 2016, 18:13 GMT 

goodnitesteve wrote:
Last time, the company that did the books leaked some of the photography. Can we hope for the same?

What :?:

PostPosted: Wed August 17th, 2016, 18:20 GMT 
Titanium Member

115th wrote:
goodnitesteve wrote:

What :?:

https://www.facebook.com/RareCoolStuffUnltd/?fref=ts

This company did the books for Bootleg Vol. 11 and 12. They leaked some of the 12 stuff earlier expected, or maybe someone on here leaked the info. I don't remember anymore. Anyway, check them out, they do great work.

PostPosted: Wed August 17th, 2016, 20:39 GMT 

kuddukan wrote:
Are we still just talking about the Clinton book reference? Or was there a more detailed quote?

In ISIS 187 editor Derek Barker says (page 3): "(...) minds are beginning to turn to Christmas and the next Sony Copyright Protection release. We know it's going to be Live '66, but what format will the release take? There is talk of another Big Box, but we'll have to wait and see."

Derek Barker is much more reliable than Clinton Heylin and usually only talks about upcoming releases when he has information from good sources.

PostPosted: Wed August 17th, 2016, 20:50 GMT 

115th wrote:

Official announcement last week of September. First rumour in June via a post in this forum. First report in ISIS magazine in July.

PostPosted: Wed August 17th, 2016, 20:57 GMT 
Titanium Member

115th wrote:

Official announcement last week of September. First rumour in June via a post in this forum. First report in ISIS magazine in July.

I remember I was having lunch at an Italian restaurant near this cemetery I was doing community service at (long story!). When they announce the new one, I will go back there for old times sake. It may have been a Monday

PostPosted: Wed August 17th, 2016, 23:51 GMT 

kuddukan wrote:

In ISIS 187 editor Derek Barker says (page 3): "(...) minds are beginning to turn to Christmas and the next Sony Copyright Protection release. We know it's going to be Live '66, but what format will the release take? There is talk of another Big Box, but we'll have to wait and see."

Derek Barker is much more reliable than Clinton Heylin and usually only talks about upcoming releases when he has information from good sources.

Thank you.

I've read this a few times trying to glean the meaning.

I think it ties the 66 Live to the copyright dump.

Which would in past precedent mean the Bootleg Series release would NOT be this material.

The copyright dumps for the last few years have been usually unrelated to BS.

I will further state that if the BS proper release is ALSO Live 1966 material then the Bootleg Series will have devolved in stature and become really unimaginative.

PostPosted: Thu August 18th, 2016, 00:37 GMT 
Promethium Member

Time to create a "Box Set" of all those old accumulated 66 bootlegs and pack it away, never to be seen again...to make way for the Official release...looking forward to this!
Bootleg Series or Anniversary Collection....doesn't matter, bring 'em on!

PostPosted: Thu August 18th, 2016, 07:31 GMT 

Still Go Barefoot wrote:

Bootleg Series or Anniversary Collection....doesn't matter, bring 'em on!

Yeah :!:

In the last years the material released as Anniversary Collection was different to the material from the Bootleg Series.

So I guess both will be coming this year and maybe a new Album with new Songs from His Bobness.

I just can´t wait.

PostPosted: Thu August 18th, 2016, 07:53 GMT 

My money is on "Bootleg Series Vol. 13 – The Ghost Of Electricity (World Tour 1966)" + "50th Anniversary Collection 1966" (round up of tapes not deemed suitable for the mainstream Bootleg Series release, e.g. audience tapes).

PostPosted: Thu August 18th, 2016, 16:59 GMT 

My money is on "Bootleg Series Vol. 13 – The Ghost Of Electricity (World Tour 1966)" + "50th Anniversary Collection 1966" (round up of tapes not deemed suitable for the mainstream Bootleg Series release, e.g. audience tapes).

I really can't imagine a big box with more than, say, 2 complete concerts of the '66-Tour as a BS13-Release will be a great success, marketingwise. Not among hardcore fans, let alone the casual listener. We already have the official release of Manchester, which covers the spirit of the tour quite well. OK, "we" (maybe) can derive benefits out of those different performances, but what will others gain from a BS-Release, especially those who have bought Live 1966 a long time ago.

It's not comparable with TCE, just because the latter is unique in showing the progress of the most important pieces in music history. And: most of TCE was new to collectors, which would not be the case with the supposed box of World Tour 1966 concerts. If I think of the costs of and the trouble with TCE, I don't know if I would buy WT66.

PostPosted: Thu August 18th, 2016, 17:05 GMT 

I found TCE mostly tedious with a few eye openers. Maybe the Bootleg Series is dying out and is just being rendered a legal trick to extend copyrights. If that's the case I regret its demise. Come on Bob get out of the 60s already. Give us something different and imaginative.

PostPosted: Thu August 18th, 2016, 17:32 GMT 
Titanium Member

I'm excited for the copyright concerts this year, hopefully we'll get something else in the bootlegs. I also can't wait for John Wesley Harding next year.

PostPosted: Thu August 18th, 2016, 17:36 GMT 

One man's trash is another man's treasure. I've been waiting for the release of the complete 1966 tour for years and years. This is my dream bootleg series. Paris, London May 27th, Edinburgh, Newcastle, Glasgow...I feel giddy just thinking about hearing these concerts in full for the first time. A BOTT BS would be great no doubt, but it can wait. Let's get the best stuff - the '60s stuff - out of the way first.

PostPosted: Thu August 18th, 2016, 18:07 GMT 

Oh I'll buy some form of it. $150 is about my limit -- if there is another $700 behemoth it isn't in my budget.

PostPosted: Thu August 18th, 2016, 20:08 GMT 

kuddukan wrote:
Oh I'll buy some form of it. $150 is about my limit -- if there is another $700 behemoth it isn't in my budget.

You´ll get this material on Import CDs cheaper, that´s for sure, like the 18 CDs Edition of Bootleg Vol. 12.

PostPosted: Thu August 18th, 2016, 21:26 GMT 

The 18 disc version was not available on importcds as it was a website exclusive. You are generally right though, that site is even cheaper than Amazon.

-justin

PostPosted: Thu August 18th, 2016, 22:45 GMT 

notdarkyet2 wrote:
The 18 disc version was not available on importcds as it was a website exclusive. You are generally right though, that site is even cheaper than Amazon.

-justin

Correct - it was a limited quantity overpriced exploitative gouge at fans. Yuck I thought I was over this.

PostPosted: Fri August 19th, 2016, 05:03 GMT 

goodnitesteve wrote:
I'm excited for the copyright concerts this year, hopefully we'll get something else in the bootlegs. I also can't wait for John Wesley Harding next year.

I didn't think there was that much unreleased stuff or outtakes from the JWH sessions? If there was it seems to have always escaped the bootleggers!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 872 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 35  Next