Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Sun October 22nd, 2017, 13:55 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 336 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: Wed August 15th, 2012, 10:40 GMT 
Mercury Member

TangledUpInBlack wrote:
Okay, it's another blues song, but whatever, it's still a million times better than any of the other music you're gonna hear these days! [/b] :D

100% nonsense.

PostPosted: Fri August 17th, 2012, 00:36 GMT 
Promethium Member

Bennyboy wrote:
TangledUpInBlack wrote:
Okay, it's another blues song, but whatever, it's still a million times better than any of the other music you're gonna hear these days! [/b] :D

100% nonsense.

100?

PostPosted: Fri August 17th, 2012, 01:32 GMT 
Titanium Member

TangledUpInBlack wrote:
Okay, it's another blues song, but whatever, it's still a million times better than any of the other music you're gonna hear these days! Still sounds like the genius Dylan I know and love! Seven days til I see him in CONCERT! :D

so well said, the new track is killer better than the bob imitators floating around. :D good luck with the show. :D
after the show check in for the other track Scarlett Town its gonna blow your mind. :D

PostPosted: Fri August 17th, 2012, 01:35 GMT 
Promethium Member

Let's see what Scarlet Town brings. Gotta sit through a TV show first I guess. Let me know how it sounds. Goom, you might as well just let me know now.

PostPosted: Fri August 17th, 2012, 01:39 GMT 
Titanium Member

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
Let's see what Scarlet Town brings. Gotta sit through a TV show first I guess. Let me know how it sounds. Goom, you might as well just let me know now.

:wink:
why wait? A+++++ :D

Bob is taking no prisoners. :D

PostPosted: Fri August 17th, 2012, 01:42 GMT 
Promethium Member

Nice! That's what I'm talkin' 'bout...Scarlet Fever.

PostPosted: Fri August 17th, 2012, 03:24 GMT 

goombay wrote:
so well said, the new track is killer better than the bob imitators floating around. :D good luck with the show. :D
after the show check in for the other track Scarlett Town its gonna blow your mind. :D

Thanks! :) I'm counting the days anxiously! My first Dylan concert! I take any of the new Dylan stuff I can get!

PostPosted: Fri August 17th, 2012, 09:06 GMT 

billy2 wrote:
Hmm, Satan outlining some of his influence, how well he's done and he's still around. This bit could be aimed at Jesus/God:

ding dong daddy
you’re coming up short
gonna put you on trial
in a sicilian court

Yeah, crossing fingers suggests a liar - don't yet understand the black mountain/ Detroit bit.

Kind of works though, doesn't it. Maybe Bob's been listening to the Stones.

Don't know about Jesus/God. Ding Dong Daddy was some kind of comic book character in the 40s!

PostPosted: Fri August 17th, 2012, 10:07 GMT 
Promethium Member

Pockets wrote:
billy2 wrote:
Hmm, Satan outlining some of his influence, how well he's done and he's still around. This bit could be aimed at Jesus/God:

ding dong daddy
you’re coming up short
gonna put you on trial
in a sicilian court

Yeah, crossing fingers suggests a liar - don't yet understand the black mountain/ Detroit bit.

Kind of works though, doesn't it. Maybe Bob's been listening to the Stones.

Don't know about Jesus/God. Ding Dong Daddy was some kind of comic book character in the 40s!

Today, the Moore County Historical Museum has on display the original artwork of the “Ding Dong Daddy from Dumas”, along with an autographed copy of the sheet music by Phil Baxter. Also a copy on tape of the portion of a radio broadcast interview with song writer Phil Baxter and KDDD’s Ken Duke made during the Dumas Dogie Day celebration in June, 1957.
From: http://www.ci.dumas.tx.us/visitors/docs ... _Daddy.pdf

PostPosted: Fri August 17th, 2012, 16:56 GMT 
Titanium Member

TangledUpInBlack wrote:
goombay wrote:

Thanks! :) I'm counting the days anxiously! My first Dylan concert! I take any of the new Dylan stuff I can get!

you got in line just in time for one of bobs all time great releases. :D and the shows are also five star affairs, :wink:

PostPosted: Sun August 19th, 2012, 09:23 GMT 
Promethium Member

TangledUpInBlack wrote:
Okay, it's another blues song, but whatever, it's still a million times better than any of the other music you're gonna hear these days! Still sounds like the genius Dylan I know and love! Seven days til I see him in CONCERT! :D

That would be Rochester, correct Black? Good for you!
Here's wishing the best of new Dylan experiences.

PostPosted: Mon August 20th, 2012, 13:05 GMT 

20yearsofschooling wrote:
I ain't dead yet
My bell still rings

...If this refers to the narrator's virility then perhaps the following...

Ding Dong Daddy
You're coming up short

...is a euphemism for sexual dysfunction.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Still can't believe how great this song is !

PostPosted: Mon August 20th, 2012, 13:49 GMT 
Senior Moderator

Tragos114 wrote:
I ain't dead yet
My bell still rings

Ding Dong Daddy
You're coming up short

^^ Me, too!! I love how funny it is and it packs a punch today's human conditon.

PostPosted: Wed August 22nd, 2012, 09:46 GMT 
Promethium Member

Tragos114 wrote:
I ain't dead yet
My bell still rings

Ding Dong Daddy
You're coming up short

Anything But A Roll wrote:
^^ Me, too!! I love how funny it is and it packs a punch today's human conditon.

Riot.

PostPosted: Thu August 23rd, 2012, 00:34 GMT 

Listening to Buddy Guy who IS I believe older than Bob and I have NEVER seen a better guitar player in my life live. I even touched those hands and they seemed mighty big and a smile that was so infectious that you know he loved what he was doing. I think Bob should invite him on tour next year if he really wants to do the blues; Buddy is a genius. That would be a great show too! IF he let him come on stage with him which I imagine he would. What do you think Bob would play? I am betting on the organ. The harmonica is nice on Early Roman Kings, but this, now this is the blues: Love, Joanna XOXO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMCsevF-R9w

PostPosted: Thu August 23rd, 2012, 00:38 GMT 
Promethium Member

J0hanna4Ever wrote:
Listening to Buddy Guy who IS I believe older than Bob and I have NEVER seen a better guitar player in my life live. I even touched those hands and they seemed mighty big and a smile that was so infectious that you know he loved what he was doing. I think Bob should invite him on tour next year if he really wants to do the blues; Buddy is a genius. That would be a great show too! IF he let him come on stage with him which I imagine he would. What do you think Bob would play? I am betting on the organ. The harmonica is nice on Early Roman Kings, but this, now this is the blues: Love, Joanna XOXO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMCsevF-R9w

Good idea. Buddy & Bob. Hadn't thought of that combo yet. Yes, I like it, JOhanna!

PostPosted: Thu August 23rd, 2012, 00:45 GMT 

IT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!! 8) I think that it would give Bob some new life and some REMARKABLE concerts. He seems to want to go Blues; well then, let's go WITH one of the last genuine bluesman left. Buddy is absolutely phenomenal; I really have never seen a better guitar player. Poor Charlie, who I think is superb, but Buddy and thoe blues riffs - it would be the best!!!Love, Joanna XOXOx

PostPosted: Thu August 23rd, 2012, 00:49 GMT 
Promethium Member

J0hanna4Ever wrote:
IT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!! 8) I think that it would give Bob some new life and some REMARKABLE concerts. He seems to want to go Blues; well then, let's go WITH one of the last genuine bluesman left. Buddy is absolutely phenomenal; I really have never seen a better guitar player. Poor Charlie, who I think is superb, but Buddy and thoe blues riffs - it would be the best!!!Love, Joanna XOXOx

I'm in.

PostPosted: Thu August 23rd, 2012, 01:06 GMT 
Titanium Member

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
J0hanna4Ever wrote:

I'm in.

good news, bob has yet to go blues. :shock:
all we need is to inform the gallery. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu August 23rd, 2012, 01:09 GMT 
Promethium Member

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
J0hanna4Ever wrote:

I'm in.

goombay wrote:

She's right, doncha think? He's ripe.

PostPosted: Thu August 23rd, 2012, 01:13 GMT 
Titanium Member

goombay wrote:

Quote:

sure is, bob is ripe and ready to take the long and winding road to the blues. :D
only problem is that we gotta notify the moderators so they can remove about 75 percent of the posts here, but if its ok with them i see no problem. im happy with the good reviews that bob is getting, before the reviews and the tweeters and all that there was my posts that were truth to power, i had the feeling in my bones that bob was gonna show and tell. :D

im smoking an big ole fat cigar, watching tom and jerry cartoons. i always felt kin to jerry the valiant mouse. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu August 23rd, 2012, 01:22 GMT 
Promethium Member

goombay wrote:
goombay wrote:

Quote:

sure is, bob is ripe and ready to take the long and winding road to the blues. :D
only problem is that we gotta notify the moderators so they can remove about 75 percent of the posts here, but if its ok with them i see no problem. im happy with the good reviews that bob is getting, before the reviews and the tweeters and all that there was my posts that were truth to power, i had the feeling in my bones that bob was gonna show and tell. :D

im smoking an big ole fat cigar, watching tom and jerry cartoons. i always felt kin to jerry the valiant mouse. :wink:

I think I'll strike up the same, sans the T & J.
Listening to my first run through Ry's new album right now instead, and LOVING it!

PostPosted: Thu August 23rd, 2012, 01:25 GMT 

Goombay, Bob has been taking the route to the Blues for quite a while now; nothing new, but how about a BLUES SPECTACULOR!!!!! Of course, Buddy wouldn't play every song because we want Bob ALONE with his band; that is what we pay for, but a few Blues songs with the Best Freaking Guitar/Blues Player I have ever seen could only add magic to the shows. Let's set our differences aside; I am tired of all this fighting. Let's make this place fun again!! :D Love, JoannaXOXOX

PostPosted: Thu August 23rd, 2012, 01:34 GMT 
Titanium Member

Quote:
I think I'll strike up the same, sans the T & J.
Listening to my first run through Ry's new album right now instead, and LOVING it!

i gotta get the new RY hes a big hero of mine since he covered FDR in TRINIDAD, i got a new batch of big puffy cigars, you want a few?

PostPosted: Thu August 23rd, 2012, 01:35 GMT 
Titanium Member

J0hanna4Ever wrote:
Goombay, Bob has been taking the route to the Blues for quite a while now; nothing new, but how about a BLUES SPECTACULOR!!!!! Of course, Buddy wouldn't play every song because we want Bob ALONE with his band; that is what we pay for, but a few Blues songs with the Best Freaking Guitar/Blues Player I have ever seen could only add magic to the shows. Let's set our differences aside; I am tired of all this fighting. Let's make this place fun again!! :D Love, JoannaXOXOX

Buddy it is, and Tom Verlaine to help out on To Ramona. :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 336 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next