Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Fri October 31st, 2014, 12:49 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun July 29th, 2012, 15:36 GMT 

I had another dream of Bob Dylan.

Bob Dylan was in my backyard using my ladder to touch a branch that was hanging over my lawn. He raised his hand to touch the branch. He was studying the branch. The branch did not have any leaves on it. It looked like it was dying. Suddenly, Bob Dylan took my ladder to grasp the trunk of the large old tree's trunk. His skinny 71 year old frame started climbing that old trunk of the tree. I was amazed. He was climbing up that old tree with only his hands and legs. I thought to myself, how can he do this? He was up that old tall tree for a few moments. Some other people were up there with him. I thought to myself, how is he going to get down? I don't want him to get hurt!! I have to find a way for him to get down. I got my ladder and tried to position it on the large tree's trunk so Bob Dylan could use it to safely get from the large tall tree back to the ground. Suddenly, the people Bob was with started running down the large old tree trunk vertically with their legs. I thought to myself, somebody is going to get hurt! Suddenly, Bob Dylan started running down the large old tree's trunk as well. I was amazed to see Dylan just run down that tree trunk and make it to the ground. I was wondering if he got hurt. I was asking Bob if he was okay and he said something back to me, but I can't remember what it was.

PostPosted: Sun July 29th, 2012, 17:42 GMT 
Mercury Member

was Baron with him? :?

If not, that might have been your only chance to talk to him..... didn't you have anything that you wanted to ask him? I find it funny that he talked to you (and you didn't remember it :shock: ) instead of you talking to him.....

Well, I guess that up a tree is better than up a creek.... :P

PostPosted: Sun July 29th, 2012, 20:37 GMT 
Titanium Member

I like your new avatar! very voyeuresque!!

PostPosted: Mon July 30th, 2012, 03:13 GMT 
Promethium Member

I think Bob Dylan is like freaking gorgeous... I just felt like saying that...

PostPosted: Mon July 30th, 2012, 04:08 GMT 
Mercury Member

Milkcow wrote:
I think Bob Dylan is like freaking gorgeous... I just felt like saying that...

well, leave it to you to state the obvious :D

PostPosted: Sat September 1st, 2012, 04:46 GMT 

DylanEgo wrote:

Bob Dylan was in my backyard using my ladder to touch a branch that was hanging over my lawn. He raised his hand to touch the branch. He was studying the branch. The branch did not have any leaves on it. It looked like it was dying. Suddenly, Bob Dylan took my ladder to grasp the trunk of the large old tree's trunk. His skinny 71 year old frame started climbing that old trunk of the tree. I was amazed. He was climbing up that old tree with only his hands and legs. I thought to myself, how can he do this? He was up that old tall tree for a few moments. Some other people were up there with him. I thought to myself, how is he going to get down? I don't want him to get hurt!! I have to find a way for him to get down. I got my ladder and tried to position it on the large tree's trunk so Bob Dylan could use it to safely get from the large tall tree back to the ground. Suddenly, the people Bob was with started running down the large old tree trunk vertically with their legs. I thought to myself, somebody is going to get hurt! Suddenly, Bob Dylan started running down the large old tree's trunk as well. I was amazed to see Dylan just run down that tree trunk and make it to the ground. I was wondering if he got hurt. I was asking Bob if he was okay and he said something back to me, but I can't remember what it was.

but was it an OAK tree? :
"I wonder if that old oak tree's still standin'
That old oak tree, the one we used to climb"

(from Duquesne Whistle)

:shock:
Hmmm...You had this dream in July, when we were all anxiously awaiting the new album, Tempest, and we were wondering what the individual songs were going to be like- and of course none of the Tempest tracks were released yet at that time (maybe we knew the title information at that time, no lyrics). Perhaps that midsummer dream of yours was really something of a prescience hinting at these 'future' lyrics that were to come from the new album? -like a slight vision of these lines from the song Duquesne Whistle, a vision that you experienced long before the song was released...interesting coincidence, I think...I couldn't help but recall reading about your dream when I first heard these lines in the new song!!! cool 8)

By the way- I think your dream would make for a very very cool painting, especially that awesome imagery of a person running down a tree trunk vertically. Fascinating!

PostPosted: Sat September 1st, 2012, 12:35 GMT 

TTRHWilburysFan91 wrote:
DylanEgo wrote:

but was it an OAK tree? :
"I wonder if that old oak tree's still standin'
That old oak tree, the one we used to climb"

(from Duquesne Whistle)

:shock:
Hmmm...You had this dream in July, when we were all anxiously awaiting the new album, Tempest, and we were wondering what the individual songs were going to be like- and of course none of the Tempest tracks were released yet at that time (maybe we knew the title information at that time, no lyrics). Perhaps that midsummer dream of yours was really something of a prescience hinting at these 'future' lyrics that were to come from the new album? -like a slight vision of these lines from the song Duquesne Whistle, a vision that you experienced long before the song was released...interesting coincidence, I think...I couldn't help but recall reading about your dream when I first heard these lines in the new song!!! cool 8)

By the way- I think your dream would make for a very very cool painting, especially that awesome imagery of a person running down a tree trunk vertically. Fascinating!

Thank you so much for your cool reply! I forgot I had that dream about Bob running up my old tree. Perhaps it was an oak tree. Nevertheless, the fact that I had a dream of Bob Dylan running up an old tree or climbing an old tree and him writing a song with lyrics about it makes is very special. :D Perhaps Bob read my post? LOL I think not. But one never does know, do they. LOL I am sure he had the song completed by the time I wrote the message in July. ;) Or, perhaps you are Bob? After all, it is your first post. ;) Anyway, I did write another post about Bob's new Album being called Innocence. It was interesting how it turned out to be called Tempest: the first one name title Bob Dylan gave his album since Infidels. But these "premonitions", if you will, are nothing new to me.
Check out that story here :arrow: http://expectingrain.com/discussions/vi ... =Innocence