Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Sun November 23rd, 2014, 10:51 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1049 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
PostPosted: Fri August 3rd, 2012, 23:37 GMT 
Titanium Member

Quote:
NOW, you've done it. Taking my nickname in vain, w/out the proper permissions and documentation!!

:mrgreen: :x

:lol:

ill send my team over to apologize. please dont fu manchu me. :wink:

richie delamore sings a night in the caribbean, side 1 song 6. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat August 4th, 2012, 00:23 GMT 

Im all for a bit of banter on ER, and ive never considered hiding anybody. But im very close to it with goombay. The neverending non-sensical waffle and misguided sarcasm and antagonising has become seriously tiring, and is just an utter nuisance at this stage.
Fanboys aint what they used to be, where's Warren Peace when you need him?

PostPosted: Sat August 4th, 2012, 00:32 GMT 
Titanium Member

crimson flames wrote:
Im all for a bit of banter on ER, and ive never considered hiding anybody. But im very close to it with goombay. The neverending non-sensical waffle and misguided sarcasm and antagonising has become seriously tiring, and is just an utter nuisance at this stage.

:D
i think the button on the right is the one. :wink:
it reads foe or fanboy i forget which. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat August 4th, 2012, 00:35 GMT 

more goombay, is there a link to that song, for the fans

PostPosted: Sat August 4th, 2012, 00:37 GMT 

crimson flames wrote:

You should try it, crimson flames. It makes every thread half as long and way less than half as gibbering.

You do see his posts when he's quoted, but that's quite seldom -- and he is mostly only quoted when someone is exasperated with his posts. So, you can see that that hiding his posts would eventually really cut down on having to read him at all.

For instance, I hardly have any idea what he's said in this thread for more than a day. And watch, he'll make some Dada-esque response here all askew with "misguided sarcasm", and I'll just see that I haven't seen it! Way less annoying. Way more enjoyment.

PostPosted: Sat August 4th, 2012, 00:38 GMT 
Titanium Member

ifitwastruetennessee wrote:
more goombay, is there a link to that song, for the fans

shake rattle and roll to that nice goombay beat. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat August 4th, 2012, 00:39 GMT 
Titanium Member

goombay wrote:
crimson flames wrote:

Goombay...enough already. Don't you realize that every time you pull your shit...that everbody who has posted on this thread gets notified. And many of them come back off that notification...to see if anything of interest has been said...or as a response to something they may have posted...only to click on here...to read your crap. Enough already. All the smiley faces, etc...doesn't make it humorous to others. A whole lot of others. So...just cut the crap. It's only funny to you. Not to anybody else. So, why keep it going? This isn't your private amusement park. You trample on others. Seriously.

Last edited by wineman on Sat August 4th, 2012, 00:41 GMT, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat August 4th, 2012, 00:39 GMT 
Titanium Member

MMD wrote:
crimson flames wrote:

You should try it, crimson flames. It makes every thread half as long and way less than half as gibbering.

You do see his posts when he's quoted, but that's quite seldom -- and he is mostly only quoted when someone is exasperated with his posts. So, you can see that that hiding his posts would eventually really cut down on having to read him at all.

For instance, I hardly have any idea what he's said in this thread for more than a day. And watch, he'll make some Dada-esque response here all askew with "misguided sarcasm", and I'll just see that I haven't seen it! Way less annoying. Way more enjoyment.

i roll and tumble i dada all night long. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat August 4th, 2012, 00:43 GMT 
Titanium Member

Quote:
Goombay...enough already. Don't you realize that every time you pull your shit...that everbody who has posted on this thread gets notified. And many of them come back off that notification...to see if anything of interest has been said...or as a response to something they may have posted...only to click on here...to read your crap. Enough already. All the smiley faces, etc...doesn't make it humorous to others. A whole lot of others. So...just cut the crap. It's only funny to you. Not to anybody else. So, why keep it going. This isn't your private amusement park. You trample on others.

:shock:

and here i though everybody here was talking goombay because they couldnt get enough of me. :shock:
odd that everybody dont like my beat congregatin around these parts. :D

Last edited by goombay on Sat August 4th, 2012, 00:47 GMT, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat August 4th, 2012, 00:46 GMT 
Titanium Member

crimson flames wrote:

I'm not here to defend goombay - he can take care of that without any assistance - but just wanna say: this - "richie delamore sings a night in the caribbean, side 1 song 6." - is certainly not non-sensical waffle, but a fact-packed answer to someone else's question. The rest of goombay's message may well be a load of cobblers but ... that ... there ... ain't. :P

Carry on. 8)

PS: @iftruewastennessee --- look here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=70013&start=250&view=print for the answer to your question ... :wink:

Last edited by supermabel1 on Sat August 4th, 2012, 00:47 GMT, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat August 4th, 2012, 00:47 GMT 
Titanium Member

MMD wrote:
crimson flames wrote:

MMD..you're part of the problem here....simply by playing along. Don't respond. Just get on with posts that contribute. Ignore the rest.

PostPosted: Sat August 4th, 2012, 00:50 GMT 

goombay wrote:
crimson flames wrote:

its not the fanboy part thats so grating. its the "neverending non-sensical waffle and misguided sarcasm and antagonising".

PostPosted: Sat August 4th, 2012, 00:51 GMT 
Titanium Member

supermabel1 wrote:
crimson flames wrote:

I'm not here to defend goombay - he can take care of that without any assistance - but just wanna say: this - "richie delamore sings a night in the caribbean, side 1 song 6." - is certainly not non-sensical waffle, but a fact-packed answer to someone else's question. The rest of goombay's message may well be a load of cobblers but ... that ... there ... ain't. :P

Carry on. 8)

PS: @iftruewastennessee --- look here http://expectingrain.com/discussions/vi ... view=print for the answer to your question ... :wink:

i try to always fill the requests, after all what good would i be if i wasnt a man of the people. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat August 4th, 2012, 00:53 GMT 
Titanium Member

i
Quote:
ts not the fanboy part thats so grating. its the [i]"neverending non-sensical waffle and misguided sarcasm and antagonising"

thanks for the clarification. :D
im happy you are still with us. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat August 4th, 2012, 01:32 GMT 

supermabel1 wrote:
crimson flames wrote:

Carry on. 8)

PS: @iftruewastennessee --- look here http://expectingrain.com/discussions/vi ... view=print for the answer to your question ... :wink:

Yeah, goombay knows plenty and he packs it in his posts - as well as the occasional punch. Don't be suckered.

PostPosted: Sat August 4th, 2012, 01:37 GMT 
Titanium Member

Quote:
Yeah, goombay knows plenty and he packs it in his posts - as well as the occasional punch. Don't be suckered.

you aint no lightweight either. :wink:

im but a servant to the people and to bob music. :D

PostPosted: Sat August 4th, 2012, 01:42 GMT 

crimson flames wrote:

Can I "like" this?

I, too, have become annoyned. Goombay occasionally pulls out facts that surprise me, but a lot of it is illogical drivel. Something about Modern Times being adored by pickers? Most of that album is piano-based or electric blues riffs. I can't think of any songs with good finger-picking on it.

Last edited by PaxViri on Sat August 4th, 2012, 01:49 GMT, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat August 4th, 2012, 01:45 GMT 
Titanium Member

Quote:
Can I "like" this?

I, too, have become annoyned. Goombay occasionally pulls out facts that surprise me, but a lot of it is illogical drivel. Something about Modern Times being adored by pickers? Most of that album is piano-based or electric blues riffs. I can't think of any songs with good finger-picking on it.

green light from me. :wink:

im picking on some of it now. spirit on the water. :D
after that im bound to pick beyond the horizon. :wink:
logic aint my thing, im more of a song and dance man. :D

PostPosted: Sat August 4th, 2012, 03:40 GMT 
Titanium Member

supermabel1 wrote:
crimson flames wrote:

Carry on.

i wanna personally thank you for that link. it made me go back and listen to that album again, which ive had since time immemorial. :D
richie delamore showed me the way. pointed the way. ive been walking that road ever since. :D
and blind blake. jesus, the man was a force of nature. music power personified. you can foe me anytime you want no problem. :wink:

the goombay gonna goombay the devil outta you just like the goombay do. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat August 4th, 2012, 23:11 GMT 

Dylan and the Dead is one of the few I don't have Troubadour. I might have to pick it up on Vinyl instead of CD, seeing as how you say it helps. I don't doubt it.

PostPosted: Sat August 4th, 2012, 23:31 GMT 

goombay wrote:

No. You're but a servant to yourself. Anyone with the mental agility of a stale bun could work that one out.

PostPosted: Sat August 4th, 2012, 23:47 GMT 
Titanium Member

Train-I-Ride wrote:
goombay wrote:

No. You're but a servant to yourself. Anyone with the mental agility of a stale bun could work that one out.

:shock:
how did you guys know im working on an ebook?( those detective skills at work again) ive been sold out. :!: :wink:
empire ebook is my devious plan. :D

PostPosted: Sun August 5th, 2012, 01:20 GMT 

thanks for the link supermabel1 and goombay

PostPosted: Sun August 5th, 2012, 11:04 GMT 

I don't know about you guys, but I'm digging the Early Roman Kings.

I wasn't happy when I first heard that it was just another blues song, but I do like the lyrics and Dylan's enunciation of the the words.

PostPosted: Sun August 5th, 2012, 11:22 GMT 
Titanium Member

i like it enough that i'm really irritated that the only way i can listen to it is with bloody gunshots and terrible acting over the top of it

excited to hear the rest of the songs and excited that bob still has gas in the tank.

i don't mean to be a naysayer or anything else, but i had thought that there probably wouldn't be another album of original songs... the last two albums were a christmas record and one where somebody else helped to write the lyrics

it's very good that bob's still full of stuff to write about, makes me happy

keep on keeping on

voice doesn't sound too rough, either! sounds much better than on the last two records

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1049 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next