Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Sun November 23rd, 2014, 07:08 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed November 12th, 2014, 12:57 GMT 

I was pretty inspired as I read some little topic concerning stories of Bob Dylan (on some other forum).

Either offhand or pointing to a link online; this can be recording habits, onstage, offstage, interviews etc. The guy is utterly fascinating just being Dylan, and these stories never get old.

Let me know if this topic has been here already, if not then feel free to add any nice stories here.

PostPosted: Wed November 19th, 2014, 10:52 GMT 

Anybody wanna start here?

PostPosted: Wed November 19th, 2014, 11:03 GMT 

Dylan has always led a pretty boring life. I am unaware of any interesting stories concerning him.

PostPosted: Wed November 19th, 2014, 12:22 GMT 

I like the one with the giant monkey and the packet of crisps.

PostPosted: Wed November 19th, 2014, 12:25 GMT 

I don't know any stories on Dylan that are exciting or so... here's a couple random facts. Don't know if they're true but fun to read:

http://flavorwire.com/93342/bob-dylan-69-birthday-facts

PostPosted: Thu November 20th, 2014, 00:14 GMT 

DaniArrow wrote:
I don't know any stories on Dylan that are exciting or so... here's a couple random facts. Don't know if they're true but fun to read:

You know you're obsessed with Dylan when you read " 69 things about Bob Dylan you didn't know" and you read up to #31 before you see one that's new to you!

PostPosted: Thu November 20th, 2014, 05:30 GMT 

seg wrote:
DaniArrow wrote:

You know you're obsessed with Dylan when you read " 69 things about Bob Dylan you didn't know" and you read up to #31 before you see one that's new to you!

I don't find the Phil Ochs one very believable.

PostPosted: Thu November 20th, 2014, 07:00 GMT 

I liked the one when he signed a harmonica for a 12 year old kid at the Ryman.

PostPosted: Thu November 20th, 2014, 13:39 GMT 

This is one that I posted on another thread a little while ago; -

'Early folkie Bobby is my favourite period of his, and I'm really interested in his visit to London during the winter of 1962 - There's so many funny little stories, and some awesome little places in London that have little bits of Dylan memorabilia and history in them.

There's another story that while he was staying at Philip Saville's house - the chap who was producing Madhouse on Castle Street - he got so stoned that they found young Grunt clinging to the front of a car, almost asleep!

And another one, where young Bobby was playing at the King & Queen pub - purported to be the place of his first live performance outside of the US, amongst others - and he was talking to a Scottish chap (whose name I can't remember right now) in the men's toilets below the folk club, next to the bar, trying to find out more about Scottish folk music and the chap had to hold him because he was jiggling around and falling down so much!'

:o

PostPosted: Thu November 20th, 2014, 18:38 GMT 
Mercury Member

May be this is not good story but is funny: "During his tours, He hasn't money in his pockets neither cell phone,.. He uses the cell of the band members...."

PostPosted: Thu November 20th, 2014, 18:40 GMT 
Promethium Member

He got picked up by police a while back because he didn't look like Bob Dylan... he looked suspect. :shock:

PostPosted: Thu November 20th, 2014, 19:07 GMT 

DaniArrow wrote:

I've read that story where he got arrested for walking around in the Rain. I wonder what would've happened if he wasn't Bob Dylan? As far as I know it's not illegal to walk around in the rain, so I have no idea why he was picked up in the first place. That's the most disturbing thing about that story to me. He wasn't breaking any laws in the first place, and he was picked up.

PostPosted: Sat November 22nd, 2014, 14:06 GMT 

Two of the best things he ever said to me: "Well,you look pretty!"and "Where's the nearest lake or swamp around here?".....

PostPosted: Sat November 22nd, 2014, 14:34 GMT 

Carlabeth wrote:
Two of the best things he ever said to me: "Well,you look pretty!"and "Where's the nearest lake or swamp around here?".....
:shock: could you elaborate?

PostPosted: Sat November 22nd, 2014, 14:42 GMT 

I'd told him to "wear something pretty tonight"(for the show) and I guess he thought I looked good....and I guess he might have been in the mood for swimming or gators.

PostPosted: Sat November 22nd, 2014, 15:58 GMT 

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/culture/dylan-buble

http://www.esquire.com/features/who-is- ... rview-0214

http://www.uncut.co.uk/bob-dylan/record ... -interview

PostPosted: Sat November 22nd, 2014, 17:32 GMT 

The Chris Shaw piece was terrific, I really want a Tell Tale Signs Vol 2 now.

PostPosted: Sat November 22nd, 2014, 19:15 GMT 

rolling_thunder wrote:
DaniArrow wrote:

I've read that story where he got arrested for walking around in the Rain. I wonder what would've happened if he wasn't Bob Dylan? As far as I know it's not illegal to walk around in the rain, so I have no idea why he was picked up in the first place. That's the most disturbing thing about that story to me. He wasn't breaking any laws in the first place, and he was picked up.

He didn't have I.D. on him. The fuzz can run you in if they question you and you can't produce I.D.

PostPosted: Sat November 22nd, 2014, 20:20 GMT 

rolling_thunder wrote:
DaniArrow wrote:

I thought neighbors called the cops. Poking around the neighborhood looking all suspicious and everything. Probably peeking in garage doors again too.

PostPosted: Sat November 22nd, 2014, 20:37 GMT 
Promethium Member

seg wrote:
Probably peeking in garage doors again too.

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat November 22nd, 2014, 21:36 GMT 

seg wrote:
I thought neighbors called the cops. Poking around the neighborhood looking all suspicious and everything. Probably peeking in garage doors again too.

He was peeing on someone's lawn - which is one of those things that can be a no-no.