Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Sun February 18th, 2018, 22:26 GMT

All times are UTC

Do you think Bob And Elana Are Gettin' It On?
No 60%  60%  [ 25 ]
HELL YEAH! 40%  40%  [ 17 ]
Total votes : 42
 Post subject: RUMOR CONTROL!!
PostPosted: Thu March 17th, 2005, 02:29 GMT 

Welly well well well wellllll.....does anyone else think Dylan might be sharin' sumpin besides stage space with his new cute little fiddle player, the mooncalf-eyed and pretty Elana Fremerman, hmmmmmm???

I'd say....YES

Last edited by Gray Flannel Dwarf on Thu March 17th, 2005, 06:17 GMT, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu March 17th, 2005, 03:51 GMT 

Keep those votes comin' in, folks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu March 17th, 2005, 06:47 GMT 

Nope.

Bob, even at his age, could do much better than that.

Yes im vain, deal with it :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu March 17th, 2005, 10:23 GMT 

There's something impossibly sexy about female fiddlers anyway

Or there is with me. Must be pathological

and jesus christ don't mention scarlet rivera around me! :shock:

Post subject: probably not
PostPosted: Thu March 17th, 2005, 14:52 GMT 
Titanium Member

I have 3 awesomely hot female musicians in my band, and it would be crazy to boff any of them, just a bad influence on the art. I doubt Bob would endanger the on-stage chemistry of the band with off-stage hi-jinks. From what I've read, he barely talks to his bandmates on or off stage.

Playing and touring is hard work.

Plus, it's hard to imagine anyone wanting to see Bob naked at this point, especially a woman 35 years younger.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu March 17th, 2005, 15:39 GMT 
Titanium Member

Only because it would make me insanely jealous, I am going to say No, but my brain says Hell Yeah, we all know (or should know) Bob's rep when it comes to the ladies and keepin' it in his pants, however, She is NOT his type.... He likes dark long haired women (Sara, Joan, Carol)...which describes me to a tee, :) And as far as seeing Bob in his birthday suit at this time, all I have to say is BRING IT.

Post subject: Re: probably not
PostPosted: Thu March 17th, 2005, 17:30 GMT 

harmonica albert wrote:
I have 3 awesomely hot female musicians in my band, and it would be crazy to boff any of them, just a bad influence on the art. I doubt Bob would endanger the on-stage chemistry of the band with off-stage hi-jinks.

that never stopped him having his way with backing singers. Wasn't there also something slightly untoward with Renee Blakey, or is that just my imagination? The backing singers point is apparently true in any case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu March 17th, 2005, 17:37 GMT 

NOPE, she´s more than he can handle, plus, he can´t tell a blonde from a fake. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu March 17th, 2005, 19:22 GMT 

i'm jealous! i'm 17 and i'd sleep with him at his age. it the eyes, the talent, the charisma..and he fits my type. the gorgeous genius.

p.s wooo! long haired (down to my waist!), dark haired, mysterious....c'est moi!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu March 17th, 2005, 22:20 GMT 

Hmmm...seems that the females on this thread are saying "no" and the dudes are are goin' "hell yeah"...Interesting results, no?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu March 17th, 2005, 22:22 GMT 
Titanium Member

Its all wishful thinking, anyway

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu March 17th, 2005, 22:35 GMT 
GFD, she is good lookin'.

But there weren't enough choices to vote for. For example:

3. I'd rather not say because Bob's wife might be looking at this Web site.
or
4. I'd rather not say because my wife might be looking over my shoulder.
or
5. I'm a guy and I'd rather reserve that "girl fantasy" for my own self.
or
6. I'm a girl and I'd rather reserve that "girl fant..
OOPS never mind.

Ross is right about woman fiddlers. They always look so cute playing up there. There was only one I recall, a first class classical violinist, she would get so "into" the music that she would get all google-faced. She was nice looking when she wasn't playing though.

P.S. I guess I'd vote for #5.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu March 17th, 2005, 23:10 GMT 

Jim W wrote:
GFD, she is good lookin'.

I think so, too. A living doll
Jim W wrote:
Ross is right about woman fiddlers. They always look so cute playing up there. There was only one I recall, a first class classical violinist, she would get so "into" the music that she would get all google-faced. She was nice looking when she wasn't playing though.

P.S. I guess I'd vote for #5.

Oh Yeah!, say, are you familiar with a little chick named Carolynn Pond? Plays fiddle and sings in a band from South Carolina named Snake Oil Medicine Show. Got a helluva voice and really a live wire on the fiddle....oh..heres one of her tunes....(need real player)-she's the shizzle
http://audio28.archive.org/3/audio/SOMS2004-06-26/SOMS2004-06-26T02_vbr.mp3

Carolynn Pond

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu March 17th, 2005, 23:20 GMT 

Claudette wrote:
And as far as seeing Bob in his birthday suit at this time, all I have to say is BRING IT.

Alright, Claudette!! YEAH!! I'm hoping not only to see him in April, but to also maybe get some of his DNA (heh heh). I have dark hair, speckled with gray, and it's short. Hey, Bob, live a little! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu March 17th, 2005, 23:27 GMT 
Niiiice!!!

Whad she say ... Ooooh alright ... and Thanks everybody.

My sentiments exactly. Never heard of her before but I have now. Thanks for the tune, GFD!

Another thing. Maybe it's just me, but there's something really appealing about girls who where glasses.

:)

Post subject: Re: probably not
PostPosted: Thu March 17th, 2005, 23:55 GMT 

harmonica albert wrote:
Plus, it's hard to imagine anyone wanting to see Bob naked at this point, especially a woman 35 years younger.

I was going to consider this thread beneath our collective dignity, but I have to respond.
I hate to say this, but most guys look a little.....awkward(?) in the buff. ..even to women their own age...though I'm sure that isn't true of any of you.
PLUS.......What responsible woman of childbearing age would allow that DNA to pass her by? It would be just plain wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu March 17th, 2005, 23:57 GMT 

Jim W wrote:
Niiiice!!!

Whad she say ... Ooooh alright ... and Thanks everybody.

My sentiments exactly. Never heard of her before but I have now. Thanks for the tune, GFD!

My pleasure. She had me as soon as she said "How y'all doin' out there?"

BTW, There's 8 complete shows of their's downloadable for free on the Archive..I've downloaded a couple and really dig'em...good energetic band. I'll PM ya the link, Jimmy, and you can listen to some more and maybe haul one or two down...

Jim W wrote:
Another thing. Maybe it's just me, but there's something really appealing about girls who where glasses.:)

Well, heck yeah, especially when glasses is all they're wearing ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri March 18th, 2005, 00:23 GMT 

Gray Flannel Dwarf wrote:
Hmmm...seems that the females on this thread are saying "no" and the dudes are are goin' "hell yeah"...Interesting results, no?

uh oh, I voted "hell yeah".

but I do think there should be a third option---if he's not doing it now, he will be soon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri March 18th, 2005, 00:29 GMT 

I gave a flip answer a few minutes ago, then Cold Irons Bound came on and I reconsidered. My real answer is, I hope not. There is something very sad about an old man without a wife. I look at my husband, and as we get older, he needs me far more than I need him...though I'm pleased as punch that he's here. Bob seems like a very lonely guy to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri March 18th, 2005, 00:57 GMT 

sarah wrote:
uh oh, I voted "hell yeah".

but I do think there should be a third option---if he's not doing it now, he will be soon!

It prolly started last summer when Elana's band, Hot Band Of Cowtown, was opening for Willy and Bob on their American tour....Next thing ya know, when Bob comes back out for the spring tour, Elana has kissed Cowtown goodbye and is "on the bus"......I just hope when he kicks her to the curb in some funky midwestern town and she's sitting by some dusty road watching the big bus roaring off down the road to destiny, watching her fiddle case and clothes getting thrown out the bus windows, well, she doesn't take it too hard, know what I'm sayin'?

But, who knows, really?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri March 18th, 2005, 01:13 GMT 

LH wrote:
. Bob seems like a very lonely guy to me.

You're probably 100% right. Not lonesome, but lonely. Big difference--

if he's like me he probably thinks back a long ways to one particular girl and thinks "if only I hadn't been such a selfserving jackass she'd prolly still be with me"...he probably doesnt get much satisfaction out of relationships and keeps them short and at a distance--he might think his partners are in love with the 'icon', the fame and the legend, not the real person behind them..and they probably all treat him the same predictable way--like he is a God or something. That would get very old very quick. a guy needs the kinda woman who will tell him to shove it up his wazzoo when he gets to full of shit to stand

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri March 18th, 2005, 01:57 GMT 

Gray Flannel Dwarf wrote:

if he's like me he probably thinks back a long ways to one particular girl and thinks "if only I hadn't been such a selfserving jackass she'd prolly still be with me

Gosh, GFD, you're going to make me cry. Why don't you call her?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri March 18th, 2005, 12:04 GMT 

:)

Last edited by blondie on Thu December 8th, 2005, 00:30 GMT, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri March 18th, 2005, 12:33 GMT 

Quote:
there's something really appealing about girls who where glasses.

The first thing I really noticed about my girlfriend was her glasses. They make her stand out, you know. She's very individual and she has great taste in eyewear.

I like that :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri March 18th, 2005, 13:30 GMT 
Titanium Member

Bob isn't lonely, from what I understand, by hearing friends of his tell it, he uses people like old shoes. Close one minute, gone the next. The love 'em and leave 'em type. The Rolling Stone gathers no moss type, get my meanin'. Personally its just the way I like it, no strings...I owe you nada, you owe me nada....let's just have a good time while it lasts... Now thats what Im talkin' bout.