Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Thu April 17th, 2014, 09:38 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PostPosted: Wed March 28th, 2012, 14:27 GMT 

do i hear a split consensus on this SOUND from the LITT/BOB brain's?

Which Litt does Bob want:
"dirty loud" like REM Monster or "crystal clean" like the Alela Diane work

I say both - just like a Bob show is

PostPosted: Wed March 28th, 2012, 17:17 GMT 
Titanium Member

Voice With Restraint wrote:
Bennyboy wrote:
Speaking of septuagenarians releasing new albums, can you imagine Bob doing this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxAmqxTyxe4

Speaking as someone who has listened to Dr John for getting on 40 years and seen him many times, no, I can't imagine Bob doing this. He escaped this insidious trap when he baled out of David Bromberg's gentrification plan in the early 1990s.

agree, that blomberg stuff doesnt do it for me.
im sure the only reason mac is doing a record with the guy from the black keys is because thats the only way someone would put it out.

PostPosted: Thu March 29th, 2012, 01:09 GMT 
Mercury Member

Classic marketing move too. Bring different fan bases into the overlap zone. A win-win, really, if done correctly.

PostPosted: Thu March 29th, 2012, 08:33 GMT 

Oh come on you guys. Dr. John needs no more money, he is the music. He's there to play music straight from his heart. And marketing is really flat faced in this case, they don't even have proper web site & you can't do without it nowadays, can you?

Many "youngsters" revive old musicans look Jack White (Wanda Jackson), Richard Hawley (Duanne Eddy), Rick Rubin (Johnny Cash) & now the same happens to Dr. John. It is wise marketing move to par those names hip/lame togehter, but all those guys pay homeage to their influences.

I'm far from being idealist (most things on this earth are being made for money), but Dr. John has music in his veins.

PostPosted: Thu March 29th, 2012, 08:41 GMT 
Mercury Member

No doubt that. He also has to pay the bills.

PostPosted: Thu March 29th, 2012, 14:19 GMT 

Hey,

Strange thought came through my mind. Maybe Dylan did make new record, but he shelved it. No news may indicate that we will not get it. It happened in the past, didn't it?

That would be such a shame, I really was so turned on by the news, but no new news about it make me loose faith.

PostPosted: Thu March 29th, 2012, 15:32 GMT 

it'll come out! he just finished recording in February. what kind of news do you really expect in March?

especially if it us due to come out in the fall and not the summer...

-justin

PostPosted: Thu March 29th, 2012, 22:39 GMT 
Mercury Member

notdarkyet2 wrote:
it'll come out! he just finished recording in February. what kind of news do you really expect in March?

especially if it us due to come out in the fall and not the summer...

-justin

Reasonable response.

PostPosted: Thu March 29th, 2012, 22:51 GMT 
Titanium Member

devy wrote:
Hey,

Strange thought came through my mind. Maybe Dylan did make new record, but he shelved it. No news may indicate that we will not get it. It happened in the past, didn't it?

That would be such a shame, I really was so turned on by the news, but no new news about it make me loose faith.

the album with be out in the fall, to piggy back his most historical US tour in history. which will of course include a one week residence in chicago and a lake michigan circle tour. can't wait to see him hit traverse city michigan, where he will play to an intimate crowd at the famous Horizon Bookstore, solo and acoustic, in their coffee shop. :mrgreen:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5