Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Sat July 21st, 2018, 21:37 GMT

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue December 12th, 2017, 18:38 GMT 

Is anyone aware of a Dylan publication (I think by a British publisher) titled POEM. I recall seeing it listed in a bibliography of Dylan's writings that also included POEM FOR JOANIE (1971) and XI OUTLINED EPITAPHS (Aloes Press, 1960). Unfortunately, I can't relocate the web page where I saw this.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed December 13th, 2017, 04:15 GMT 

Loved this one. I'm SURPRISED to see this thread! Honestly I was just thinking about that. My cousin's unmarried daughter had a copy , but she sold my copy to a friend :cry: I think she was paranoid from drug. I was unhinged,but able to swallow the grief now. I vow never to speak to any bob fan about the new copy :) learned the haard way, but even someone begs for it-no way. I already knew not to lend books out, deceit everywhere and no happy returns :?
It took a lot longer than is usual; a frustrating wait :evil:ages would you please God, hook me up, I asked gently one time (ok more like 2 or 3x ) , insisting however whenever and hopefully soon.welll the stars aligned , so yes, FINALLY the difference in transgression won't be a problem, it even works out better (inside out the pages were not seeable and missing) . Anyway, this you newly-found once lost precious bobfriend contacted me after locating a copy. This was around thanksgiving, In any case, I began ordering but when I tried to get on Amazon, seems I didn't want to commit any treason against my secrecy and the password was way too complicated. Customer service wasnt really helpful :wink: and it's only the well-timed Synchronicity of your post, that reminded me to get on top of asap>

Enough silly commentary, just that I really wanted to express how your magnificent post gave me so much pleasure
So here's the link https://www.amazon.de/gp/offer-listing/ ... ition=used
Unfortunately, the US copy got expensive , so feels like Germany will be the champion shop it'll be shipped from across the bridge til sudden sweet presence I thank your kindly self stranger Thom :)

PostPosted: Wed December 13th, 2017, 17:17 GMT 

11 Outlined Epitaphs was written in 1960? That doesn't sound right.

PostPosted: Wed December 13th, 2017, 18:10 GMT 

Written in 1963 and, if my memory serves me well, printed on the back of either TTAA, or ASBD

https://beatpatrol.wordpress.com/2010/04/05/bob-dylan-11-outlined-epitaphs-1963/

PostPosted: Wed December 13th, 2017, 21:05 GMT 

Yeah, back of Times. There's no way Dylan would have used something 3 years old at the speed he was moving. Wherever this information was sourced from, I wouldn't trust it.

PostPosted: Wed December 13th, 2017, 21:35 GMT 

He wasn't tarantulified yet (amphetamines) and spewing nonsensical nonsense.

I only glared at it for a second, nonetheless I call fake and doubt hed write about Hibbing and call it by name. He's always been reluctant to do that, maybe the closest was little Minnesota town? Hills of old Duluth?

PostPosted: Thu December 14th, 2017, 00:54 GMT 

Oh sure that makes sense, you definitely sound like a person who knows what they're talking about.

PostPosted: Tue December 19th, 2017, 15:48 GMT 

Friends, my bad! :oops: That date for XI OUTLINED EPITAPHS from Aloes Press should be (1965?). The question mark is there because there's no date given in the publication, but several sources guesstimate it as 1965. Sorry for the mix-up.

But my real query was for the publication titled POEM. I recall seeing it listed in a bibliography of Dylan's writings that also included POEM FOR JOANIE (1971) and XI OUTLINED EPITAPHS (1965?), both from Aloes Press. Unfortunately, I can't relocate the web page where I saw this.

PostPosted: Wed December 20th, 2017, 00:38 GMT 

sounds familiar; thought it was mentioned in a comment out there, like when it was written . is that all you need to know. but the title will make it a needle

PostPosted: Wed December 20th, 2017, 15:44 GMT 

I have an old copy of Poem for Joanie somewhere, printed back in the early 1970s. It's the sleeve notes to Joan Baez vol 2, which Bob penned back in 1963 or 64.

PostPosted: Wed December 20th, 2017, 17:00 GMT 

Thanks. I have the POEM FOR JOANIE publication. I'm looking specifically for a publication titled POEM. I saw this listed in a Dylan bibliography. I thin k it was published by a British publisher.