Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Tue October 17th, 2017, 06:05 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 528 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 22  Next
PostPosted: Sat February 4th, 2012, 06:58 GMT 

Still Go Barefoot wrote:
Iden and tity wrote:
Quasi, superb explanation. Saved me a reply! On the Dylan vinyl it occurs mostly on the acoustic albums such as times and another side of.

Ain't happnin' here. Must be lucky.

or not....... depends what you´ve got to play your fuzzy warbels on,if you got one of those plastic ones with a built in speaker you wont hear it. and you miss some other bits an pieces of the music aswell......... :D :D

PostPosted: Sat February 4th, 2012, 07:25 GMT 

Bennyboy wrote:
The 180gram vinyl may be offsetting the Vertical Tracking Angle (VTA) of your tonearm, due to its added depth, so I'd check that. Its quite tricky getting perfect alignment of cartridges and tonearms, tracking force, etc.

Bit late jumping into this one, but whatever happened to the 'Linear Tracking' turntables which were areound late '70s, which allegedly had perfect alignment and thus eliminated this stylus echo?
I know I had one before the 'death of vinyl', now in resurrection.

PostPosted: Sat February 4th, 2012, 22:54 GMT 

desertmonk wrote:
Oh, I'm digging the new Cohen album! I don't have a hi-fi record player so I don't know if it sounds better than the cd but the music is pretty cool, the instrumentation is quite sparse.

Goy the vinyl myself today. Loved it after first play and great cover art and sleeve notes!

PostPosted: Mon February 6th, 2012, 10:18 GMT 

Wow , this thread is getting popular .

The guy who will fix the old record player is coming tomorrow . I actually have found 4 record players , and none of them works!
I will trust him to tell me what their problems are , which one is the best one and how much it will cost to repair each one .

I think i'll just have the best one fixed , if it's not too expensive .
Buying a new one is also a possibility , but ( what the hell ) i have four of them ! :)

In the meantime ,
a friend is sending me three Dylan vinyls from the US :D
I can't wait to receive them .
I also have found two local made records ( Street Legal and Nashville Skyline ) at my aunt's house , and she said she didn't want them so gave them to me .

Thanks guys , for all your recommendations. I knew i could trust some Bobcats 8)

PostPosted: Mon February 6th, 2012, 12:06 GMT 
Promethium Member

I want to frame some album art, but frames seem to be quite expensive. :|

PostPosted: Mon February 6th, 2012, 14:32 GMT 
Titanium Member

XRaylroad wrote:
I Just ordered me some Blood on the Tracks. It is going to be my very first own vinyl. :D

are you getting the new release coming out this month?

PostPosted: Mon February 6th, 2012, 14:47 GMT 
Titanium Member

Iden and tity wrote:
desertmonk wrote:
Not exactly on topic but I bought my first ever brand new vinyl LP Tuesday; it was Leonard Cohen's new album and came with the cd. It was worth it just for the album cover which is never too impressive in a cd jewel case. I'm going to go back to that store today and look through their Dylan selection. I know they have the Outfidels bootleg but I haven't really gone through the rest...

How does that sound on vinyl. Tempted to get that one myself.

i listened to a copy at the record store and i was unimpressed. i think better findings are available in rare recordings here.

for vinyl, might as well go for the best sound experience vs/ rareties...

PostPosted: Mon February 6th, 2012, 14:49 GMT 
Titanium Member

Tragos114 wrote:
Wow , this thread is getting popular .

you have used three magical words in a thread topic: Bob+Dylan+vinyl,

would you expect anything less? 8)

PostPosted: Mon February 6th, 2012, 14:55 GMT 
Promethium Member

Troubadour64 wrote:
XRaylroad wrote:
I Just ordered me some Blood on the Tracks. It is going to be my very first own vinyl. :D

I'm still kicking myself for not "buying-it-now" the half speed master that was on ebay a few months back. When I decided I wanted it, it was gone. :( Not that I don't have three copies of BOTT in different variants of the LP sleeve.... :lol:

PostPosted: Mon February 6th, 2012, 15:21 GMT 

Troubadour64 wrote:
XRaylroad wrote:

Yes, that is the one. I pre-ordered it on Amazon.de and now I am pretty curious if I will get it tomorrow. It was supposed to be released tomorrow, however the pre-order button on the German Amazon site has vanished and it says that the article is not available. I guess either their stocks are empty or the release has been postponed.

So far I have not received any shipping confirmation; so probably it is the latter ... :roll:

PostPosted: Mon February 6th, 2012, 15:30 GMT 
Titanium Member

i have that coming too: i ordered BOTT, BIABH, & BT. if these sound good i will probably hunt down the BoB release. cannot wait!

PostPosted: Tue February 7th, 2012, 07:31 GMT 

Amazon just wrote me that they have problems obtaining the BOTT vinyl and asked me whether I am still interested in this article... :roll:

PostPosted: Wed February 8th, 2012, 13:47 GMT 

Johanna Parker wrote:
I'm still kicking myself for not "buying-it-now" the half speed master that was on ebay a few months back. When I decided I wanted it, it was gone. :( Not that I don't have three copies of BOTT in different variants of the LP sleeve.... :lol:

Hey Johanna, out of interest can you remember how much it was going for? Those puppies are rare as hen's teeth, I imagine the seller was after some SERIOUS bucks.....

I'm waiting for a fair sum of money to arrive in my bank account at some point in the next few months and as soon as it does I'm straight onto Ebay to hunt down L&T and TOOM, I'll see you all in the bidding wars

PostPosted: Wed February 8th, 2012, 13:58 GMT 
Promethium Member

Zimbiosis wrote:
Hey Johanna, out of interest can you remember how much it was going for? Those puppies are rare as hen's teeth, I imagine the seller was after some SERIOUS bucks.....

I think it was 20€, might have been 40€.... nowhere near as much as you'd expect someone to price a buy-it-now offer.

PostPosted: Wed February 8th, 2012, 13:59 GMT 
Mercury Member

Zimbiosis wrote:
Johanna Parker wrote:

I'm waiting for a fair sum of money to arrive in my bank account at some point in the next few months and as soon as it does I'm straight onto Ebay to hunt down L&T and TOOM, I'll see you all in the bidding wars

Can we do a timeshare on them?

PostPosted: Wed February 8th, 2012, 15:11 GMT 

Johanna Parker wrote:
Zimbiosis wrote:

I think it was 20€, might have been 40€.... nowhere near as much as you'd expect someone to price a buy-it-now offer.

Even if they sold it for 40 they were either in the business of Dylan philanthropy or just an idiot. You could put a 1 before that 40 and still have had a serious bidding war afoot.

@ BB - yes, but I get them on Friday and Saturday nights to soundtrack my old man's debauchery dude.

PostPosted: Wed February 8th, 2012, 15:18 GMT 
Promethium Member

With hindsight I can't figure it out. They knew what they had because they clearly put 'half speed master' in the title/description of the ebay offer. As you say, it could have gone very much higher had they had an actual auction for it, not just the 'buy-it-now' option. From the photos, it looked to be in good condition. Of course, it had been snapped up by the time I made up my mind about it.

PostPosted: Thu February 9th, 2012, 13:45 GMT 
Titanium Member

XRaylroad wrote:
Amazon just wrote me that they have problems obtaining the BOTT vinyl and asked me whether I am still interested in this article... :roll:

yikes, i have not received such an email, when did you put your order in? i placed it in january. i think they are due to come in next week.

PostPosted: Fri February 17th, 2012, 20:10 GMT 
Titanium Member

A near mint time out of mind is available locally for $100....should I plunge???

PostPosted: Fri February 17th, 2012, 23:44 GMT 
Promethium Member

Troubadour64 wrote:
A near mint time out of mind is available locally for $100....should I plunge???

If you're questioning it and have the dough, I say do it. The CD can be nailed down for about 5 bucks though, so you gotta really want it...

PostPosted: Fri February 17th, 2012, 23:51 GMT 
Promethium Member

You can never have enough TOOM, surely.

PostPosted: Sat February 18th, 2012, 00:00 GMT 
Promethium Member

Johanna Parker wrote:
You can never have enough TOOM, surely.

You are probably right. And don't call me surely...

PostPosted: Sat February 18th, 2012, 00:02 GMT 
Promethium Member

think about it kid but don't ask no surly

PostPosted: Sat February 18th, 2012, 00:08 GMT 
Promethium Member

Johanna Parker wrote:
think about it kid but don't ask no surly

You goin' to South America?

PostPosted: Sat February 18th, 2012, 00:16 GMT 
Promethium Member

I wish.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 528 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 22  Next