Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Fri May 25th, 2018, 14:56 GMT

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon January 8th, 2018, 11:58 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Fri June 27th, 2014, 00:57 GMT
Posts: 242
Location: Manzanares Riverside
Hi,

Here is my selection of perfomances, you can copy and paste on the adress bar


https://www.dropbox.com/sh/56ex5viu2wxt ... OhGna?dl=0

Does it works?


The dates are: day-month-year

Hope you enjoy it,

Cheers,

Ramón


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon January 8th, 2018, 12:48 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sun July 2nd, 2006, 08:09 GMT
Posts: 268
Scarletbegonias wrote:
Hi,

Here is my selection of perfomances, you can copy and paste on the adress bar


https://www.dropbox.com/sh/56ex5viu2wxt ... OhGna?dl=0

Does it works?


The dates are: day-month-year

Hope you enjoy it,

Cheers,

Ramón


Thank you! Fantastic post, I hadn't heard the live 95 versions before. After listening to all of them have to say Niagara Falls 03 is the strongest one for me.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon January 8th, 2018, 17:27 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Fri June 27th, 2014, 00:57 GMT
Posts: 242
Location: Manzanares Riverside
Niagara Falls 2003 is fantastic but Brixton Academy 1995 is the one I choose, wild and raw, both guitars (Bob & J.J.Jackson) are stunning and Bob also sings like a man possessed.

Ramón


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon January 8th, 2018, 19:07 GMT 

Joined: Sat April 22nd, 2017, 12:50 GMT
Posts: 79
Thanks for the easy dropbox uploads. That's a lot of versions. Between Brixton and NF, I like the latter. But it's unclear who went running in the blackheart wind and looking for the cure. Also whatever was left at the river in the last verse-idk?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon January 8th, 2018, 20:06 GMT 

Joined: Fri July 18th, 2008, 16:22 GMT
Posts: 4228
The Side Tracks Oh Mercy alt take is very nice - same vocal as the GH3 but in its original form without that over dubbed band. Apologies if the version has been mentioned already.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed January 10th, 2018, 02:19 GMT 

Joined: Wed May 31st, 2017, 00:56 GMT
Posts: 220
I like all the versions, but I think the "unreleased" version on Tell Tale Signs would've been a good addition to Oh Mercy. I would assume the finished version would bring out Dylan's voice more (sounds a bit far away and such). But I think it's a great version. Funny, I think both outtakes of Mississippi would've worked on TOOM too.

The Unplugged version is pretty good, I'm partial to the studio takes though. Would love to hear it played now! I bet Dylan and his crew could make something great out of it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed January 10th, 2018, 07:33 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Mon March 30th, 2009, 14:57 GMT
Posts: 1381
Location: Madly Across the Sun
Dignity's never been photographed.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed January 10th, 2018, 19:05 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Fri June 27th, 2014, 00:57 GMT
Posts: 242
Location: Manzanares Riverside
Dropbox streaming is CRAP you'll better download the FLAC files.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/56ex5viu2wxt ... OhGna?dl=0


Ramón


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue January 23rd, 2018, 06:05 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Mon October 24th, 2016, 06:10 GMT
Posts: 250
Very cool, love to hear about dignity ya know its so funny I had the essential bob dylan with this song on it then ended up losing it in 2015(?). Re-bought that same cd this year, and low and behold the songs not on there! Go figure, get your music stolen! Lol idk why they release a cd with the same title just different songs?? everything must be broken bahaha


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue January 23rd, 2018, 06:58 GMT 

Joined: Tue January 6th, 2015, 15:03 GMT
Posts: 454
Oakshallis wrote:
Very cool, love to hear about dignity ya know its so funny I had the essential bob dylan with this song on it then ended up losing it in 2015(?). Re-bought that same cd this year, and low and behold the songs not on there! Go figure, get your music stolen! Lol idk why they release a cd with the same title just different songs?? everything must be broken bahaha
I thought it was on "Greatest Hits Vol. 3", not "The Essential"?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue January 23rd, 2018, 13:28 GMT 
Promethium Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri July 15th, 2011, 02:23 GMT
Posts: 22271
mjmooney wrote:
Oakshallis wrote:
Very cool, love to hear about dignity ya know its so funny I had the essential bob dylan with this song on it then ended up losing it in 2015(?). Re-bought that same cd this year, and low and behold the songs not on there! Go figure, get your music stolen! Lol idk why they release a cd with the same title just different songs?? everything must be broken bahaha
I thought it was on "Greatest Hits Vol. 3", not "The Essential"?

Correct. Dignity was the only reason to buy GH3 at the time.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue January 23rd, 2018, 14:33 GMT 

Joined: Sun April 5th, 2009, 22:01 GMT
Posts: 752
Shiver me timbers, would never have taken pleasure in 'Silvio' , the only song I didn't know before, having not 'bought' GH3.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue January 23rd, 2018, 22:44 GMT 
User avatar

Joined: Sat September 10th, 2016, 12:46 GMT
Posts: 1871
4 pages about a song called 'Dignity', which concerns the search for dignity, and nobody refers to the walking cringefest leather keks and earring pisshead that is Dylan in the late 80s. You think a song like this comes out of nowhere?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group