Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Mon December 11th, 2017, 11:32 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Mon April 6th, 2015, 20:09 GMT 

Bob heard singing Full Moon and Empty Arms 20 minutes ago in the Rovers Return (Coronation Street)!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon April 6th, 2015, 20:39 GMT 
Promethium Member

A couple weeks ago at work I heard It's All Over Now, Baby Blue on the radio. I actually stopped what I was doing and checked online to make sure the great man hadn't died. Then I realized it was the anniversary of that album being released.

PostPosted: Mon April 6th, 2015, 21:16 GMT 
Titanium Member

I was at a Jeff Garlin (a comedian) show about two February's ago at Caroline's in NYC. He requested the sound guy play obscure tracks so one of them was Dylan's I Believe In You. I got a kick out of that. During his set Garlin also spoke about going to a Leonard Cohen show in LA and how a couple in front of him made him uncomfortable with their makeout session.

PostPosted: Tue April 7th, 2015, 01:23 GMT 

I can't remember which Mystery Science Theater 3000 movie I was watching, but during a scene when the sun was setting the human guy goes "look at the sun" and then the robot goes "sinkin' like a ship."

PostPosted: Sat April 18th, 2015, 10:43 GMT 

Traipsing around Home Bargains (cheap shopping outlet) early this morning, a spring was put into my step when over the tannoy Like A Rolling Stone blasted out to awaken everybody from their Saturday morning stupor. Six minutes of mental escape, much needed by myself at that particular moment.

PostPosted: Sun April 19th, 2015, 04:38 GMT 

hurling wrote:
Bob heard singing Full Moon and Empty Arms 20 minutes ago in the Rovers Return (Coronation Street)!!!!!

We're a bit behind here in New Zealand, the insurance money didn't come through after the fire.

PostPosted: Sun May 24th, 2015, 00:59 GMT 

Our local radio station played 'New Morning' this morning for Bob's birthday. Happy birthday Bob Dylan, thank you!

PostPosted: Thu July 2nd, 2015, 13:17 GMT 
Titanium Member

I've just got a text. I don't know the details, but apparently Nick Hewer has just had a right go at Bob Dylan on Countdown. Crazy scenes.

PostPosted: Thu July 2nd, 2015, 13:38 GMT 
Mercury Member

What!?! No not that nice man with the word game on telly; what did he have a go at him about, not replying to his many invitations to join the show as a celebrity guest? Or something even more spurious?

PostPosted: Thu July 2nd, 2015, 14:12 GMT 
Titanium Member

I've received some follow-up information. Apparently, Mr Hewer saw Dylan at the RAH and thought he was rubbish. He also mentioned Paolo Nutini. I was actually on the show once, leavinclaud. Played two games. In the first game, I was rather good.

PostPosted: Thu July 2nd, 2015, 14:20 GMT 
Mercury Member

I haven't watched since 1988. Then I graduated. Tell more, lest modesty forbid or tastefulness dictate against

PostPosted: Thu July 2nd, 2015, 14:23 GMT 
Titanium Member

I think it's now more of a panel discussion of popular music.

PostPosted: Thu July 2nd, 2015, 14:30 GMT 
Mercury Member

Wouldn't make it any easier for you. You're not a fan of popular music

PostPosted: Thu July 2nd, 2015, 15:21 GMT 
Titanium Member

I like The Cheeky Girls, Vanilla Ice and Bob Dylan - so, good point.

PostPosted: Thu July 2nd, 2015, 19:13 GMT 
Senior Moderator

^ Ah yes, that was the tour that almost ended the NET!

PostPosted: Thu July 2nd, 2015, 19:19 GMT 
Titanium Member

And perhaps started The Set. Gabriela, Monica and Vanilla played the same songs every night.

PostPosted: Thu July 2nd, 2015, 19:22 GMT 
Senior Moderator

To be fair, they were the only songs they knew.

ETA: And I thought you liked Vanilla (the band) as well as Vanilla (the Ice).

PostPosted: Thu July 2nd, 2015, 19:54 GMT 
Titanium Member

I don't think their legacy will be the same. Unlike Vanilla Ice and The Cheeky Girls, Vanilla have only ever produced one pop classic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m9n5Uv0bp0

PostPosted: Fri July 3rd, 2015, 04:00 GMT 

At the dentist office getting a new crown---$$$$$ The song playing on the radio was Like A Rolling Stone. He's not played too much around here, so that was great.

PostPosted: Sun August 23rd, 2015, 19:23 GMT 

^a couple of days ago, Just Like A Woman in the inner waiting room of an eye doctor's office-Which was surprising, but even more surprising because of the Jewel interview I was reading at the same time it began playing- and she was mentioning traveling with Bob Dylan and said that he would talk to her after the shows and ask her why she wrote this or that lyric, and she also said she would "kick people out" of the shows sometimes. :?: and that she thinks he liked it when she did that, too. :)

PostPosted: Tue August 25th, 2015, 19:45 GMT 

Long time ago in a Pizza Hut, Sad Eyed Lady Of The Lowlands! Had to get up and go to the jukebox. There it was. Pizza Hut in Fitchburg, MA.

- nate

PostPosted: Wed August 26th, 2015, 05:09 GMT 
Senior Moderator

Watched the movie Aloha (2015) yesterday.
There's a scene in it where you can hear some familiar chords for a few seconds, no singing though.

PostPosted: Sun August 30th, 2015, 20:15 GMT 

A couple years ago, I spent about five months studying in Galway, Ireland. One weekend in April I took a brief trip to Barcelona with two girls, one of whom I was desperately hung up on, but who toyed with my affections and strung me along pretty good.

The weekend, for the most part, was a disaster. Plans were made hastily and executed poorly. For instance, I wasn't even staying in the same hostel as my friends. And as if it hadn't been obvious many times before, I grew aware that this girl did not feel about me the way I felt about her.

On my last night in Barcelona, I parted ways with the girls as they headed for their own hostel. I smoked a lonely cigarette under dim lamp-light and sauntered down empty streets. When I reached my train station, I descended the stairs and followed long subterranean corridors. The route to the train felt longer than usual, and suddenly I was in a long, arched, white-brick hallway lit by unseen fluorescent lights. The walls were bare, the red cement at my feet dry and swept clean. Not a cigarette butt or leaf of newspaper to be seen. I felt like I was in an infirmary in heaven. Fittingly, a scrawny young guitar player at the far end of the hall was butchering "Knockin' On Heaven's Door," substituting the lyrics I know with unintelligible ad-libs.

So there I was, feelin' low and mean, advancing through this celestial hallway to the rough sounds of "Knockin' On Heaven's Door." The musician paid no attention as I passed, instead crudely jamming on his electric guitar plugged into a miniature amp at his feet. Beside it, an empty guitar case with a few coins in it. When I located my train in the next room and sat down, I wondered whether what had just happened was real, or some fever dream dreamt in the moments leading up to my death.

And I had only had one beer that night!

PostPosted: Mon September 7th, 2015, 05:02 GMT 

So I'm watching a 2011 Russian film (Elena) tonight - same director as the Oscar-nominated Leviathan - and I hear Bob. Didn't expect that one. Rich old guy gets in his car for a drive and starts changing stations. The music is being played PROMINENTLY (no one in the car for him to talk to) and suddenly I recognize the tune ... "Well, my nerves are exploding, and my body is tense, I feel like the whole world, got me pinned up against the fence"

Wow, a TOOM tune in a modern Russian flick - who woulda thought?

PostPosted: Mon September 7th, 2015, 05:11 GMT 

mrjinks wrote:
So I'm watching a 2011 Russian film (Elena) tonight - same director as the Oscar-nominated Leviathan - and I hear Bob. Didn't expect that one. Rich old guy gets in his car for a drive and starts changing stations. The music is being played PROMINENTLY (no one in the car for him to talk to) and suddenly I recognize the tune ... "Well, my nerves are exploding, and my body is tense, I feel like the whole world, got me pinned up against the fence"

Wow, a TOOM tune in a modern Russian flick - who woulda thought?

It's become a must-see now. Good flick?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next