Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Sun October 22nd, 2017, 06:39 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: Wed November 9th, 2011, 03:57 GMT 
Titanium Member

no but you didn't reply to my message :(

i know i'm obsessed with dylan when i am super high in my bedroom listening to can't wait

PostPosted: Wed November 9th, 2011, 15:34 GMT 
Promethium Member

tellmemomma1966 wrote:

i know i'm obsessed with dylan when i am super high in my bedroom listening to can't wait

message??? you sent me a message?? really? when ?

PostPosted: Wed November 9th, 2011, 22:10 GMT 
Senior Moderator

When you see a lyric from one of his songs, you actually sing it in your mind instead of reading it. Does that count? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed November 9th, 2011, 23:52 GMT 

When you start smoking because the poster on the wall shows him smoking. When you hear a Dylan song come on the jukebox and immediately perk up from your alcohol-hazed existence. When you want someone else to make a note about said song playing on the jukebox, but nobody does, so you say it, and then people have no response whatsoever. When you miss a step after your mp3 device shuffles onto a Dylan song that you love. When you trip and fall because of that song. When you pass a cute member of the opposite sex on the sidewalk and wonder if maybe they love Bob Dylan, too. When you think about Bob Dylan in relation to any member of the opposite sex. When you look down upon anybody who claims to like Bob Dylan, but when you ask them what their favorite album is, they say they either don't have one, or "just have some random songs that are cool." When you post in a thread titled "You know you're obsessed with Dylan when."

PostPosted: Thu November 10th, 2011, 14:08 GMT 

When every time you go to the crapper you bring a different Bob Dylan book with you, even if you've read it a hundred times. :shock:

When you spend a couple hours each day going over and changing your picks at the dylanpool for about a week leading up to the first show. :oops:

PostPosted: Thu November 10th, 2011, 14:26 GMT 

Quote:
When you miss a step after your mp3 device shuffles onto a Dylan song that you love.

Non-applicable because all my songs are Dylan songs

Quote:
When you pass a cute member of the opposite sex on the sidewalk and wonder if maybe they love Bob Dylan, too.

YES

PostPosted: Thu November 10th, 2011, 17:41 GMT 

John B. Stetson wrote:
You pick up the morning paper, as I did yesterday, and notice: "Ah, October 28. Oh yes, Milwaukee. 2001. Amazing Desolation Row at that show." :oops: Happens to me all the time. I recognize it's a sickness.

I did exactly that yesterday. Except it was Elmira 2002.

PostPosted: Thu November 10th, 2011, 22:33 GMT 
Titanium Member

Milkcow wrote:
tellmemomma1966 wrote:
message??? you sent me a message?? really? when ?
Was it a pic of the wang made up to look like Bobbo?

PostPosted: Fri November 11th, 2011, 00:14 GMT 
Promethium Member

hahahaha I've had a few friends send me that... I never got his message... I don't know what happened to it... :(

PostPosted: Fri November 11th, 2011, 00:39 GMT 

Here is a fun site for you!

http://youknowif.homestead.com/files/five.htm

you can also change the "five" before ".htm" to one, two, three and four. :)

PostPosted: Fri November 11th, 2011, 02:09 GMT 

...my third wife smashed every Dylan record I owned.

PostPosted: Fri November 11th, 2011, 02:19 GMT 
Titanium Member

:!: :!: :!: :?:

PostPosted: Fri November 11th, 2011, 12:27 GMT 

... when you have to find "attractive" titles for little abstracts and do a little brainstorming and everything that comes to your mind is somehow connected to Dylan lyrics :lol:

PostPosted: Fri November 11th, 2011, 13:27 GMT 

You read this comic and all you can hear on panel 7 is this

PostPosted: Fri November 11th, 2011, 21:46 GMT 

tellmemomma1966 wrote:
:!: :!: :!: :?:

She could have done many things, key my car, stalk my girlfriend, stab me, any number of things. Instead, knowing my obsessive behavior regarding Bob, she went for the albums. Moral: marry those with like interests, took me four shots but I found one.

PostPosted: Fri November 11th, 2011, 21:50 GMT 

shosha wrote:
... when you have to find "attractive" titles for little abstracts and do a little brainstorming and everything that comes to your mind is somehow connected to Dylan lyrics :lol:

Sounds familiar to me :lol:

PostPosted: Fri November 11th, 2011, 22:02 GMT 
Senior Moderator

juniors juke wrote:

And I thought my ex was an a$$hole!

PostPosted: Fri November 11th, 2011, 22:05 GMT 

BostonAreaBobFan wrote:
juniors juke wrote:

And I thought my ex was an a$$hole!

For people who do such things even axxxxe is a polite word. And I am a woman and last time I have been dumped (in the worst way ever) and hurt, but nevertheless...smashing Bob's albums... :evil: :oops:

PostPosted: Fri November 11th, 2011, 22:06 GMT 

Infidel Researcher wrote:
shosha wrote:

the most awkward thing happened to me when i had to hold an oral presentation in english and afterwards one of the audience asked me where i learnt to speak english fluently and i said, well i´ve spent some time in great britain, and he said, but you rather speak american english, this is clearly no school english and i answered: well i´ve only been to the USA on vacation, but i listen a lot to Bob Dylan :lol: :lol: :lol: in retrospect, this was SO embarassing :oops:

juniors juke wrote:

b***

PostPosted: Fri November 11th, 2011, 23:04 GMT 

shosha wrote:

the most awkward thing happened to me when i had to hold an oral presentation in english and afterwards one of the audience asked me where i learnt to speak english fluently and i said, well i´ve spent some time in great britain, and he said, but you rather speak american english, this is clearly no school english and i answered: well i´ve only been to the USA on vacation, but i listen a lot to Bob Dylan :lol: :lol: :lol: in retrospect, this was SO embarassing :oops:

juniors juke wrote:

b***
That is so cool

This is sort of unrelated but I've always really wanted a cool accent

PostPosted: Fri November 11th, 2011, 23:26 GMT 

English is probably the language I speak in the most neutral way, after years of ...well...the sound of music in English as birthday present at 13, Anglo-Saxon music of any kind, not only Bob, sit-coms and so on. Except for my whistling S (Modenese) and for my almost missing R.
My Italian (Modenese) and my German (too Austrian for Germans, but not enough for the Austrians, who think I am from Switzerland or something like that) have heavy accents.

In general, I am not only obsessed with Bob. I have a lot of deep passions and I develop obsessions quite easy...Any time I love something or somebody I just have to let my whole self be overwhelmed with love!

Of course, the great gift for words mastery, poetry and expressiveness that Bob shares with us through his art quickly creates pre-conditions for inspiring Bob-related titles, quotes and so on as soon as you start typing!

PostPosted: Fri November 11th, 2011, 23:45 GMT 

English is probably the language I speak in the most neutral way, after years of ...well...the sound of music in English as birthday present at 13, Anglo-Saxon music of any kind, not only Bob, sit-coms and so on. Except for my whistling S (Modenese) and for my almost missing R.
My Italian (Modenese) and my German (too Austrian for Germans, but not enough for the Austrians, who think I am from Switzerland or something like that) have heavy accents.

In general, I am not only obsessed with Bob. I have a lot of deep passions and I develop obsessions quite easy...Any time I love something or somebody I just have to let my whole self be overwhelmed with love!

Of course, the great gift for words mastery, poetry and expressiveness that Bob shares with us through his art quickly creates pre-conditions for inspiring Bob-related titles, quotes and so on as soon as you start typing!

This. I've had Harry Potter and Star Wars phases before.

Nothing has ever been as strong as this Dylan one though, it feels very different. Considering my artistic relationship with him, if I ever 'moved on' from Dylan it'd be like Stephen King 'moving on' from HP Lovecraft. Just ain't gonna happen. An obsession if that is what one wishes to call it that centers around what I want to do with my life is unlikely to be a phase... Contrasted with something like Star Wars that has little going for myself, the real world and a larger purpose other than 'being really cool'.

PostPosted: Sat November 12th, 2011, 13:19 GMT 

To Untrodden path

I cannot listen to the Beatles at all.
You cannot compare the Beatles with Dylan. Dylan is on completely another level .
The Beatles best stuff came from Lennon and he was so much influenced by Dylan , that he came very close to imitation .

I get bored after one minute of a typical 3 minute Beatles song, while after 6 or 10 minutes of a typical Dylan song I wish there was more.

PostPosted: Sat November 12th, 2011, 14:43 GMT 

When you see Times Top 100, or really any top 100 of anything, whether it has anything to do with Bob or not, and try to find him in it. In other words I totally found Subterranean Homesick Blues in Times 100 Greatest Songs today :p

sshaham wrote:
To Untrodden path

I cannot listen to the Beatles at all.
You cannot compare the Beatles with Dylan. Dylan is on completely another level .
The Beatles best stuff came from Lennon and he was so much influenced by Dylan , that he came very close to imitation .

I get bored after one minute of a typical 3 minute Beatles song, while after 6 or 10 minutes of a typical Dylan song I wish there was more.

Pretty much.

The Beatles were four people. It's a band. You can't make a deeper connection.

PostPosted: Sat November 12th, 2011, 15:05 GMT 

I like the Beatles but I don't love them. And I agree: you cannot compare them to Bob.
U2 TRIED for a while to write comparable lyrics. I love U2 till Achtung, Baby, but you still cannot compare them to Bob, no way.
B & U2 were always aware of that and paid the due respect to Bob.

The so-called (I get angry each time I read it) "Italian" Dylans?
Fabrizio De Andrè: ok, you can really compare him to the political-folk Bob. Still, it's only a part of Bob. ( Fab shares with Bob and Dire Straits the honour of being cited in my PhD diss!)
Massimo Bubola: I don't know him that much, sorry.
Francesco De Gregori: wants desperately to be like Bob. He is not. I am not a huge fan, anyway he wrote real nice stuff and his cover of If you see her, say hello is great (except for the fact that maybe he should stop trying to imitate Bob and just be himself, personal opinion).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1ZXq8HxaZA

Dylan inspires creativity in spades, I don't know why :) So, I would say that's the form of my obsession, which goes along the other 5-10 I have...Bob just pops out when I try to do something creative. Any kind of it: when I am in an argument, I would love to come out with a Positively-4th-street-like way of dealing with the argument :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next