Expecting Rain

Go to main page
It is currently Thu June 21st, 2018, 19:53 GMT

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
PostPosted: Sat July 14th, 2012, 13:00 GMT 
Promethium Member

Belle Laugh wrote:
Still Go Barefoot wrote:
As goomboy likes to say," Bob's mowin' 'em down"

And with that big, beautiful, sharp-contrasting Eye right there behind him for all to see.

Some great pics and vids posted as of late which document nicely.

Is it changing colors itself, or is just the light sweeping the stage changing colors? On some of the videos it looked like the eye itself changed color during some songs, and it looked interesting. (The videos I had seen before are gone now though.)

I think it's the lights...but you nevah know what you are dealing with when it comes to "The Eye".

PostPosted: Sun August 5th, 2012, 23:03 GMT 
Promethium Member

I wonder if he has a jumbo family-sized Eye for the Fall stadium tour?

PostPosted: Sun August 5th, 2012, 23:41 GMT 
Promethium Member

Does he use the "Eye Logo" for the outdoor shows... i.e. stadium shows? I am hoping so. I have a chance to see him in a couple of weeks and then again in November.

PostPosted: Tue August 7th, 2012, 03:42 GMT 
Promethium Member

Untrodden Path wrote:
Does he use the "Eye Logo" for the outdoor shows... i.e. stadium shows? I am hoping so. I have a chance to see him in a couple of weeks and then again in November.

Yes

PostPosted: Wed August 29th, 2012, 02:29 GMT 

J0hanna4Ever wrote:
Still Go Barefoot wrote:
Eckhart Tolle 's 'Power of Now'.
This moment is a gift. That's why they call it a 'the present'.
Check it out...now:
http://www.amazon.com/The-Power-Now-Spi ... 968&sr=1-1

Thank you so much for this Barefoot. I never realized that about gift and present! :D I do try and live in the present, but sometimes I forget and live in the past. That brought tears to my eyes!! :D There are no words to say how much this means to me. I am going to get it today along with my leopard skin seat covers!!! :lol: The book is MUCH more important though; it's just that my seats are black leather and coming apart and I certainly feel the present when I sit on them in 110 degree heat outside the car! That was so sweet; it IS already in my queue. That event in Florida with that poor homeless guy made me so upset and then watching We Need To Talk About Kevin brough a lot of memories up and my son is getting out in little over a month and I started having really bad dreams. Thank you FOR THE PRESENT!!!! :D I am up and walking the dog; I am not living in the past today! You are an oracle or a gift!!! :D Love You, Joanna XOXOXO

Dear Barefoot, Thank you for the PRESENT, THE NOW, etc!!! I haven't finished it and it took me a few months to start it, but I am finding it amazing. I am going to finish it and then start it immediately over again and THIS time I am going to highlight EVERYTHING that really speaks to me. I should have done that the first time, but I didn't think about it until about 30 pages in. I have dog eared pages all over the place. It is making a lot of sense to me. OK, it is just two days that I have been reading it and I let my mind take over for a while today, but NOW, I am PRESENT!! It is really a great book and I know I am going to have to read it many times and keep it in sight and probably buy a few copies, but something has to change. You have no idea how much this book has already done for me BUT I HAVE TO KEEP AT IT CONSTANTLY. So much better than all those therapists, etc. I haven't been to a all that many therapists really and that is because I really only ever found one GOOD one and then she stopped accepting my insurance plan. I had a great psychiatrist from Pakistan who was my therapist also and I believe he followed the basic concepts of The Power of Now which really are quite simple. I really can't say thank you enough for caring! I should have read it earllier and I have been kind of embarrassed around you because I hadn't, but better late than never! :D Love, Joanna XOXOX

PostPosted: Wed August 29th, 2012, 02:34 GMT 
Promethium Member

J0hanna4Ever wrote:
Still Go Barefoot wrote:
Eckhart Tolle 's 'Power of Now'.
This moment is a gift. That's why they call it 'the present'.
Check it out...now:
http://www.amazon.com/The-Power-Now-Spi ... 968&sr=1-1

Thank you so much for this Barefoot. I never realized that about gift and present! :D I do try and live in the present, but sometimes I forget and live in the past. That brought tears to my eyes!! :D There are no words to say how much this means to me. I am going to get it today along with my leopard skin seat covers!!! :lol: The book is MUCH more important though; it's just that my seats are black leather and coming apart and I certainly feel the present when I sit on them in 110 degree heat outside the car! That was so sweet; it IS already in my queue. That event in Florida with that poor homeless guy made me so upset and then watching We Need To Talk About Kevin brough a lot of memories up and my son is getting out in little over a month and I started having really bad dreams. Thank you FOR THE PRESENT!!!! :D I am up and walking the dog; I am not living in the past today! You are an oracle or a gift!!! :D Love You, Joanna XOXOXO

J0hanna4Ever wrote:
Dear Barefoot, Thank you for the PRESENT, THE NOW, etc!!! I haven't finished it and it took me a few months to start it, but I am finding it amazing. I am going to finish it and then start it immediately over again and THIS time I am going to highlight EVERYTHING that really speaks to me. I should have done that the first time, but I didn't think about it until about 30 pages in. I have dog eared pages all over the place. It is making a lot of sense to me. OK, it is just two days that I have been reading it and I let my mind take over for a while today, but NOW, I am PRESENT!! It is really a great book and I know I am going to have to read it many times and keep it in sight and probably buy a few copies, but something has to change. You have no idea how much this book has already done for me BUT I HAVE TO KEEP AT IT CONSTANTLY. So much better than all those therapists, etc. I haven't been to a all that many therapists really and that is because I really only ever found one GOOD one and then she stopped accepting my insurance plan. I had a great psychiatrist from Pakistan who was my therapist also and I believe he followed the basic concepts of The Power of Now which really are quite simple. I really can't say thank you enough for caring! I should have read it earllier and I have been kind of embarrassed around you because I hadn't, but better late than never! :D Love, Joanna XOXOX

Don't thank me. Thank the now. You've got it. It's yours. It helps if someone else you know is into it, gets it and you can talk about it. Such a simple concept that our mind does not automatically go to. Reading again is good and you can just open it up and start anywhere.
Glad it helps. Really basic if you allow it to be. Have fun!

PostPosted: Thu October 4th, 2012, 03:47 GMT 
Promethium Member

I wonder if the Eye will reappear for these North American stadium shows?

PostPosted: Thu October 4th, 2012, 18:50 GMT 

When it comes to Dylan's Eye logo, he wants you to use your intuitive skills to figure it all out. Otherwise he would have told you.

PostPosted: Sat October 6th, 2012, 13:30 GMT 
Promethium Member

clifford gage wrote:
When it comes to Dylan's Eye logo, he wants you to use your intuitive skills to figure it all out. Otherwise he would have told you.

Intuition says it's some sort of transfiguration symbol...he won't tell.

PostPosted: Sat October 6th, 2012, 14:48 GMT 
Titanium Member

It is the window to the unseen world!

PostPosted: Sun May 12th, 2013, 04:20 GMT 
Promethium Member

Probably repetitive, but just stumbled over this description:

The Eye represents the All-Seeing-Eye, which in mystical symbolism represents The Silent Watcher. In many of the organised religions and cults such as Egyptology, Masonry, etc., it represents, at lower levels, the one God watching over. In reality it is our own Inner God ... that which is connected to all life and not a force to be in abeyance to, other than within the boundaries of our evolution.

Therefore, the Eye represents Truth that is permanent and available within everyone. The Crown on top of the eye is a representation of attainment, and therefore the Mastership which is possible by consciously becoming The Silent Watcher and acknowledging its authority within, rather than as an external entity.

The Flame breaking from the Crown is the Enlightenment that occurs when spiritual direction is achieved and Truth can be seen as an event rather than a quality. When one understands, rather than knows intellectually ... the difference between wisdom and knowledge.

http://plotino.blogia.com/temas/bob-dylan.php

PostPosted: Sun May 12th, 2013, 09:57 GMT 

And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

Revelation 5:5-7

The Seven Wonders of the World are here..

BD

PostPosted: Sun May 12th, 2013, 13:16 GMT 

Nice, SGB. The knowlege beyond the vagueries of the intellect, beyond the limiting catagories of language and imagery. Essential knowlege. Not relative in the least but entirely relational. Union of being without confusion of hypostasis. Theosis.

PostPosted: Sun November 3rd, 2013, 14:50 GMT 
Titanium Member

Was reading some Emerson this morning...

I become a transparent eyeball-I am nothing; I see all; the currents of the Universal Being circulate through me-I am part or particle of God.

I always linked Dylan back through the transcendentalists.

PostPosted: Sun November 3rd, 2013, 16:15 GMT 

Has the "Eye Logo" backdrop been used in the recent European concerts? Haven't seen it for quite a while in any live videos.

PostPosted: Sun November 3rd, 2013, 16:42 GMT 
Titanium Member

I thought I heard someone mention that it comes out at intermission. And maybe pre-show? Anyone?

PostPosted: Sun November 3rd, 2013, 17:42 GMT 

clifford gage wrote:
Has the "Eye Logo" backdrop been used in the recent European concerts? Haven't seen it for quite a while in any live videos.

The eye is already there before the show starts. Later - I think after the intermission or latest during "Soon after midnight" - it is replaced by other patterns.

PostPosted: Mon November 4th, 2013, 13:03 GMT 
Promethium Member

ginger_1964 wrote:
clifford gage wrote:

The eye is already there before the show starts. Later - I think after the intermission or latest during "Soon after midnight" - it is replaced by other patterns.

Someone posted a nice image of the pre-show Eye in a Live Set List during one of the earlier shows of this Leg.
Lookin' Great!

PostPosted: Sat December 7th, 2013, 01:38 GMT 
Promethium Member

Dylan "Eye Logo"

Looked fantastic with the pupil-in-a-pulpit effect at RAH, doncha think?

And I wasn't even there.

PostPosted: Sat December 7th, 2013, 07:12 GMT 

The watchman he lay sleeping . . .

PostPosted: Thu July 24th, 2014, 02:58 GMT 
Promethium Member

Just found my Eye Tshirt. Now I'm cookin' with gas.

PostPosted: Fri July 25th, 2014, 12:13 GMT 

Location: By the waterfront docks, where the sailors all come in
I wonder how often the Eye is laundered...is it dry clean only? I bet one shouldn't iron the logo.

PostPosted: Sat July 26th, 2014, 21:41 GMT 
Promethium Member

capecod wrote:
I wonder how often the Eye is laundered...is it dry clean only? I bet one shouldn't iron the logo.

Yeah, that sounds like bad ju-ju.

PostPosted: Tue August 5th, 2014, 02:16 GMT 

capecod wrote:

I think maybe they clean it by using this:

PostPosted: Tue August 5th, 2014, 15:41 GMT 

So in the big roundup they usher me into a small room with a formidable government agent behind the desk. They force me into the seat in front of him. He throws out a sheet of paper with the Eye Logo on it, barking "Have you ever seen this?" And I, in my best Richard Dreyfuss voice, answer "...yeah - I got one on my wall next to my computer...but so what? why did you drag me in here? I got a concert to see!"

:lol:
...and it's true that I got one on my wall next to my computer...

- nate

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next