Expecting Rain
http://www.expectingrain.com/discussions/

Your alternate Tracklists!
http://www.expectingrain.com/discussions/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=61326
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Bluish [ Sat July 30th, 2011, 13:53 GMT ]
Post subject:  Your alternate Tracklists!

Hey guys.
I recently started fighting my way through Bob's 80s studio output and couldn't help but notice the ridiculous decisions Dylan made with the track lists on many of the albums (leaving out the best tracks etc.).

So, why don't you help me out and compile a better version of for example albums like "Infidels" and "Oh Mercy!"?
Don't get me wrong Oh mercy's a great album, but if you left out tracks like "Disease of Conceit" and put in one of the good outtakes instead it would probably be a better album.

The playlists should have good pacing, though, so they sound like a proper album.

Get started 8)

Author:  thickboy [ Sat July 30th, 2011, 21:15 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Your alternate Tracklists!

You only have just over 200 posts to your name... and yet you feel entitled to be disrespectful towards Bobby and his 1980's albums... the man is a legend but you feel better qualified to tell him what he should and shouldn't put on his albums!... unbe-effing-lievable.

You are just a newbie... and as such, you should always remember to be respectful towards Bobby at all times... maybe once you have posted on here long enough, you may be entitled to put forward your theories (as long as they are respectful and do not upset your senior contributor colleagues) as long as they are not offensive or upsetting.

I found your attack on Mr Dylan's work very upsetting and uncalled for... and feel that it is only appropriate that you offer a sincere, full and frank apology immediately.

As a newbie you should just post messages that support things that senior contributors have posted.

Now, I would like you to retract your nasty original comment and apologise... I would also like you to promise to be respectful towards Bobby in future and not to post anything that will cause me, as Senior Contributor, upset.

Author:  jclibby [ Sat July 30th, 2011, 21:45 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Your alternate Tracklists!

This is my version of Infidels. The tracks labeled "alternate" come from the Outfidels Intakes boot.

Jokerman (alternate)
Sweetheart Like You
License to Kill (alternate)
Tell Me
Blind Willie McTell (alternate)
Don't Fall Apart on Me Tonight (alternate)
I and I
Someone's Got a Hold of My Heart (alternate)
Foot of Pride

Author:  PaxViri [ Sun July 31st, 2011, 00:39 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Your alternate Tracklists!

For Oh Mercy, it is this:

1. Series of Dreams (BS3)
2. Most of the Time (acoustic take from TTS)
3. Man In the Long Black Coat
4. Ring Them Bells
5. Everything is Broken (TTS)
6. Most of the Time
7. What Was It You Wanted?
8. Political World
9. What Good Am I?
10. Shooting Star (MTV Unplugged)
11. Dignity (Touched By an Angel version; I think this also appeared on 2007's Dylan box set)
12. Where Teardrops Fall
13. Born In Time (from Deeds of Mercy)

55.5 min.

Author:  GuillemTM [ Sun July 31st, 2011, 00:43 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Your alternate Tracklists!

Oh no! Not Oh mercy! I know there's good tracks left off, but I understand the choice, because the album would have lost its essence. This outtakes found its good place in the Bootleg series.

Author:  XZYOE [ Sun July 31st, 2011, 01:46 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Your alternate Tracklists!

Caribbean Wind should have been left on Shot of Love

Author:  Bluish [ Sun July 31st, 2011, 11:40 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Your alternate Tracklists!

thickboy wrote:
You only have just over 200 posts to your name... and yet you feel entitled to be disrespectful towards Bobby and his 1980's albums... the man is a legend but you feel better qualified to tell him what he should and shouldn't put on his albums!... unbe-effing-lievable.

You are just a newbie... and as such, you should always remember to be respectful towards Bobby at all times... maybe once you have posted on here long enough, you may be entitled to put forward your theories (as long as they are respectful and do not upset your senior contributor colleagues) as long as they are not offensive or upsetting.

I found your attack on Mr Dylan's work very upsetting and uncalled for... and feel that it is only appropriate that you offer a sincere, full and frank apology immediately.

As a newbie you should just post messages that support things that senior contributors have posted.

Now, I would like you to retract your nasty original comment and apologise... I would also like you to promise to be respectful towards Bobby in future and not to post anything that will cause me, as Senior Contributor, upset.

I didn't mean to attack Dylan's work and I'm sorry if you understood it that way.
I'm merely looking for a way to make some of his albums, that I personally don't enjoy listening to at the moment, more enjoyable for me. I'm not saying that Bob should have made the albums the way I listen to them.

I respect Bob's tracklisting decisions, but I thought I might get more out of for example "Infidels" if it included the outtakes.
If I don't include them there are only three tracks that I really enjoy listening to and I'd probably skip the rest.

There's a reason I called them alternate tracklists instead of definite tracklists.

Author:  P.Jekk [ Sun July 31st, 2011, 13:46 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Your alternate Tracklists!

PaxViri wrote:
For Oh Mercy, it is this:

1. Series of Dreams (BS3)
2. Most of the Time (acoustic take from TTS)
3. Man In the Long Black Coat
4. Ring Them Bells
5. Everything is Broken (TTS)
6. Most of the Time
7. What Was It You Wanted?
8. Political World
9. What Good Am I?
10. Shooting Star (MTV Unplugged)
11. Dignity (Touched By an Angel version; I think this also appeared on 2007's Dylan box set)
12. Where Teardrops Fall
13. Born In Time (from Deeds of Mercy)

55.5 min.

This list is pretty close to perfection, perhaps I would have dropped the MTV Shooting Star for a studio version, and kept Disease of Conceit (I like that one!) and skippet everything is broken or Teardrops. Otherwise this is what could have been if not Dylan once again went against his own best interests..

Author:  Matt_77 [ Sat September 9th, 2017, 18:41 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Your alternate Tracklists!

Thunder
Spirit
Wmb#2
Tell o' Bill (tts)
Hucks tune
Nettie more
Someday baby (tts)
Ain't talkin' (tts)

Author:  goodmeats [ Sat September 9th, 2017, 19:09 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Your alternate Tracklists!

Infidels

Lord Protect My Child
License to Kill
Tell Me
Man of Peace
Jokerman

Blind Willie McTell
I and I
Don't Fall Apart On Me Tonight
Union Sundown
Foot Of Pride

Author:  corso [ Sun September 10th, 2017, 15:00 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Your alternate Tracklists!

Ruthless World: :arrow: http://ruthlessworlddylan.tumblr.com/

Side A
1. Jokerman
2. Foot of Pride
3. Julius & Ethel
4. Hold of My Heart

Side B
5. I and I
6. Lord Protect My Child
7. Blind Willie Mc Tell

8)

Author:  McG [ Sun September 10th, 2017, 15:13 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Your alternate Tracklists!

The Lost Decade

Dignity
Foot Of Pride
Dark Eyes
Series Of Dreams
Ring Them Bells
Brownsville Girl
Blind Willie McTell
Most Of The Time
What Was It You Wanted?
Don't Fall Apart On Me Tonight

Author:  dvdunplugged [ Sun September 10th, 2017, 16:14 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Your alternate Tracklists!

Bluish wrote:
Hey guys.
I recently started fighting my way through Bob's 80s studio output and couldn't help but notice the ridiculous decisions Dylan made with the track lists on many of the albums (leaving out the best tracks etc.).

So, why don't you help me out and compile a better version of for example albums like "Infidels" and "Oh Mercy!"?
Don't get me wrong Oh mercy's a great album, but if you left out tracks like "Disease of Conceit" and put in one of the good outtakes instead it would probably be a better album.

The playlists should have good pacing, though, so they sound like a proper album.

Get started 8)


I don't think I'd change Oh Mercy, but I'd like to see it released with Dignity and Series of Dreams as bonus tracks. Bob's tampered around with lots of his albums, not just the eighties ones. Freewheelin' and Blood On The Tracks were both very different animals to what was finally released. I think at the end of the day we have to respect his judgement over the final track selections.

Author:  LibraChild1980 [ Sun September 10th, 2017, 21:20 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Your alternate Tracklists!

Just a side question, what is 'Dignity (Touched By an Angel version)'?
I've never heard it, where can one get hold of that?
Thanking you kindly.

Author:  mystic garden [ Sat September 16th, 2017, 04:28 GMT ]
Post subject:  Re: Your alternate Tracklists!

Infidels

Jokerman
Sweetheart Like You
Foot of Pride

License to Kill
Man of Peace
Union Sundown

Blind Willie McTell
Someone's Got a Hold of My Heart
Lord Protect My Child

I and I
Angel Flying Too Close to the Ground
Don't Fall Apart on Me Tonight

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/