Go to main page
It is currently Tue October 17th, 2017, 11:28 GMT

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Amazon.de sucks!!!
PostPosted: Thu October 14th, 2010, 16:45 GMT 

Maria wrote:
Walter wrote:
Anyone who speeks better German than I do? :oops:

The cd was accidently deleted, and now I get to order it again (with a gift voucher so it's free)?

Exactly, but I have to pay € 0,17 for the disc? I don't know why! I hope it's true and I get the Brandeis.

Lucky you, I have to pay 0,34€ :lol:

Ah well, I'm nog going to complain about that...

Of course I first have to see the disc in my mailbox before I believe them 8)

PostPosted: Thu October 14th, 2010, 18:29 GMT 

I got exactly the same from amazon.de - I wonder what will happen. I hope they mean what they are saying and we will get the bonus cd in the end!

PostPosted: Thu October 14th, 2010, 18:51 GMT 

Did you just follow the link in the mail and preordered it again? When I do that, it says I have to pay 19,97 Euro, or did you get a voucher code or something like that?

PostPosted: Thu October 14th, 2010, 19:33 GMT 

Am I the only one who got the Brandeis CD from amazon.de today??

I ordered Witmark and Mono Recordings (single CD) to different addresses with the effect that the Mono CD arrived today here (bigger city) and the Witmark Tapes will arrive at Saturday (?) in my hometown (small city).
With the Mono CD the Brandeis CD came today (so amazon apperently has or had it) and then I got the same email as you all about the Witmark order. This is rather strange.

PostPosted: Thu October 14th, 2010, 19:57 GMT 

bobhead wrote:
Did you just follow the link in the mail and preordered it again? When I do that, it says I have to pay 19,97 Euro, or did you get a voucher code or something like that?

Yes you get a voucher code with the email.

PostPosted: Thu October 14th, 2010, 20:00 GMT 

schnittstelle wrote:
bobhead wrote:

Yes you get a voucher code with the email.

Yes, in German voucher code is called: "Einlösungscode"

PostPosted: Thu October 14th, 2010, 22:03 GMT 

My CD hasn't been shipped yet from amazon.com in the US.

I ordered the CD ages ago but there is no mention of the bonus CD in the order confirmation or in my account. I am a little bit worried. Play.com has it, or at least had it, and if amazon lets me down this time I'll never forgive them.

PostPosted: Fri October 15th, 2010, 12:49 GMT 

sanjuro wrote:

I ordered the CD ages ago but there is no mention of the bonus CD in the order confirmation or in my account. I am a little bit worried. Play.com has it, or at least had it, and if amazon lets me down this time I'll never forgive them.

You should contact amazon immediately and ask them to add the CD to your order. From what I've heard "no E-Mail confirmation of bonus CD" means "no shipment of bonus CD". Or if you ordered from amzon.de: no matter what kind of confirmation = no bonus CD.

PostPosted: Fri October 15th, 2010, 12:58 GMT 

My Echo, My Shadow And Me wrote:
Or if you ordered from amzon.de: no matter what kind of confirmation = no bonus CD.

Except that a mutual friend of ours, let us call him Karl, yesterday (!) received his mono box complete WITH the Bonus CD.

PostPosted: Fri October 15th, 2010, 13:00 GMT 

This whole amazon.de fiasco does not surprise me. I ordered with them too, have not received the shipment yet so cannot comment on the bonus CD situation on my end. But from experience I have to say that of the major amazon shops (com, co.uk and de) amazon.de provides the worst service. Inadequate, often confusing information on the site, bad communication and careless packaging. I avoid amazon.de whenever possible. On the other hand in over ten years of doing business with them I never had any kind of problems with amazon.com. They have good information on their site, delivery is super fast and packaging extra save!
Lets wait and see how the bonus CD story pans out in Germany. The way amazon.de have handled the affair so far is the best way to lose customers.

PostPosted: Fri October 15th, 2010, 13:03 GMT 

rwasser wrote:
Or if you ordered from amzon.de: no matter what kind of confirmation = no bonus CD.

Except that a mutual friend of ours, let us call him Karl, yesterday (!) received his mono box complete WITH the Bonus CD.

:D

PostPosted: Fri October 15th, 2010, 13:11 GMT 

On a positive note, German "Saturn" (an actual old-school shop) started selling the "Witmark" vinyl (!) box earlier this week (Wednesday or Thursday).

PostPosted: Fri October 15th, 2010, 13:44 GMT 
Titanium Member

The stereotype of the Germans being efficient and well-organised does not apply to Amazon there, then?

PostPosted: Fri October 15th, 2010, 15:51 GMT 

stephenoxford wrote:
The stereotype of the Germans being efficient and well-organised does not apply to Amazon there, then?

And it does not apply to German Railway, either, but you don't believe in stereotypes, do you?

By the way: Delivery came without Brandeis. Hope is, they will do as the promised yesterday and make an extra delivery next week. Amazon.de that is, not German Railway (which would even be more fatal).

PostPosted: Fri October 15th, 2010, 20:57 GMT 

for those who bought only Witmark Demos (or Witmark demos seperately): you should check whether amazon.de added shipping costs ("Versandkosten") which did not appear when you ordered the discs with the Brandeis CD!
(after the removal of the Brandeis CD your order is less than 20 Euros and thus subject to shipping costs - before it was more than 20 Euros before the voucher for Brandeis was deducted; don't try to understand it, just check if they made you pay)

PostPosted: Fri October 15th, 2010, 22:51 GMT 

sanjuro wrote:

You should contact amazon immediately and ask them to add the CD to your order. From what I've heard "no E-Mail confirmation of bonus CD" means "no shipment of bonus CD". Or if you ordered from amzon.de: no matter what kind of confirmation = no bonus CD.

I just emailed amazon in a panic. I ordered the CD VERY early on, just after it became available and was advertised with the bonus disc. I notice it has disappeared from play.com now, which means they've started shipping the CD and that the bonus disc is no more. So there appear to be no other channels left. I will not order from amazon.com again if they do this to me.

UPDATE: Amazon customer service send me a swift reply which runs:

I checked the description of the "The Witmark Demos: 1962-1964 (The Bootleg Series Vol. 9)" offer and see that it includes the bonus CD.

"Pre-order The Witmark Demos: 1962-1964 (The Bootleg Series Vol. 9) on CD or Vinyl or The Original Mono Recordings on CD or Vinyl and you will receive this bonus CD with your shipment."

Here is the link to the product page:"

Some how I do not feel assured. The small print says quantity limits may apply.

I'll believe it when I hold it in my hands.

PostPosted: Sat October 16th, 2010, 08:13 GMT 

Amazon.de update...

Quote:
Guten Tag,

Mittlerweile gibt es ein neues Erscheinungsdatum zu Ihrer Bestellung (Bestellnummer xxx) vom Oktober 14 2010. Daher wird die unten aufgeführte Ware früher als erwartet an Sie versandt:

Bob Dylan "Bob Dylan In Concert: Brandeis University 1963"
Bisheriges voraussichtliches Lieferdatum : Oktober 22 2010 - Oktober 23 2010
Neues voraussichtliches Lieferdatum : Oktober 21 2010 - Oktober 22 2010

PostPosted: Sat October 16th, 2010, 18:12 GMT 

I have made 2 orders at amazon.de and on thursday 2 copies of the Brandeis CD arrived.
Still waiting on the Witmark Demos.....

PostPosted: Sat October 16th, 2010, 20:09 GMT 

williamo wrote:
I have made 2 orders at amazon.de and on thursday 2 copies of the Brandeis CD arrived.
Still waiting on the Witmark Demos.....

Congratulations - you might be the only one in Germany who got the Brandeis CD ! :|

PostPosted: Mon October 18th, 2010, 08:49 GMT 

My mono box and the witmark demos arrived today, with the Brandeis CD. Now I am going to sit down, read for work, and listen to them...

PostPosted: Mon October 18th, 2010, 11:06 GMT 

andrea75 wrote:
My mono box and the witmark demos arrived today, with the Brandeis CD. Now I am going to sit down, read for work, and listen to them...

Mine arrived in the morning without the Barndeis! :evil:

1. Mono Box - Good, but not so beautiful made than the Beatles Mono. The replicas are only ok.
2. Witmark: Sorry, but my Bootleg sounds at least at half of the songs better, most are sounding worse. This is an edition only< for the shelf.

PostPosted: Mon October 18th, 2010, 11:25 GMT 

Maria wrote:
andrea75 wrote:

Mine arrived in the morning without the Barndeis! :evil:

1. Mono Box - Good, but not so beautiful made than the Beatles Mono. The replicas are only ok.
2. Witmark: Sorry, but my Bootleg sounds at least at half of the songs better, most are sounding worse. This is an edition only< for the shelf.

I agree on the mono box. I just bought a sort of "Christmas gif" box with all the first albums by Bruce Springsteen. It was cheaper and the package is ordinary (a red box) but the replicas are more or less the same.
I probably got my Brandeis cd because I cancelled my order and re-ordered t with the cd